IGNORED

PING Introduces G30 Series, Driver, Fairway, Hybrid and Irons

Note: This thread is 3257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First post has been updated with new info and images

Ok, now they look like respectable Ping clubs.

I might have to really check them out.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This turbulator thing might start to peak my interest.  If I can't hit a driver, maybe I should at least have one with turbulators.  Should add a few yards to those snap hooks. :dance:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

This turbulator thing might start to peak my interest.  If I can't hit a driver, maybe I should at least have one with turbulators.  Should add a few yards to those snap hooks.

Ha Ha I bet you could hit it.

With a nice pull draw.

:-P

Very interested in the irons cant wait to check them out.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

You know, when I hit a sky ball off the top of my driver now, at least it has the decency to go relatively straight before landing 50 yards in front of me. I don't need these spikes to add another dimension of randomness to my lousy drives.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

You know, when I hit a sky ball off the top of my driver now, at least it has the decency to go relatively straight before landing 50 yards in front of me. I don't need these spikes to add another dimension of randomness to my lousy drives.

lol that I never thought about. every body does it. couldn't imagine what a pitching wood shot would look like off those horns.

• 3 weeks later...

G30 is probably the best driver on the market as of right now!  Wish more companies would do what Ping does and actually take their time releasing products.

I hit the G30 today at Carl's Golfland, the sales guy said they only have demo clubs to hit - the new line isn't available until sometime in August and they can't even display them yet.

So today I got to demo the TURBULATOR!!! I don't know, calling it the Ping G30, just doesn't have the same ring as THE TURBULATOR!!

Here are some numbers from Golfsmith. They use Foresight GC2 for their launch monitors.

Here is my take on this club. Still feels HORRIBLE. Not sure if it is due to the super HIGH MOI, but it just has a very hallow feeling for me. It looks good, I like how the Turbulators look. I wished it was a little less deep from face to the back of the club. I like a more traditional looking driver. It's just a too pointing on the back end. Overall the club will perform. If you like the high pitch sound, that just feels clankish, then go for it. I am not a fan of that sound/feel profile. I wish they could make it a more softer feeling club on balls struck in the center.

In the end, versus my SLDR. It is higher launching because of how far back the CG is. I would put it as medium-low spin profile. It can LAUNCH the ball HIGH into the air. The peak height was crazy high.  The monitor trajectory image showed a bit of a ballooning trajectory on some shots. In the end, I like my SLDR better on feel, on clubhead shape, and on the more boring trajectory.

If they could bring back the i20 feel to their drivers I would be sold on a lot of them. I think they perform really well. I think they are substituting feel for extreme forgiveness.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So today I got to demo the[COLOR=545454] [/COLOR]TURBULATOR!!! I don't know, calling it the Ping G30, just doesn't have the same ring as THE TURBULATOR!!  Here are some numbers from Golfsmith. They use Foresight GC2 for their launch monitors.  Here is my take on this club. Still feels HORRIBLE. Not sure if it is due to the super HIGH MOI, but it just has a very hallow feeling for me. It looks good, I like how the Turbulators look. I wished it was a little less deep from face to the back of the club. I like a more traditional looking driver. It's just a too pointing on the back end. Overall the club will perform. If you like the high pitch sound, that just feels clankish, then go for it. I am not a fan of that sound/feel profile. I wish they could make it a more softer feeling club on balls struck in the center.  In the end, versus my SLDR. It is higher launching because of how far back the CG is. I would put it as medium-low spin profile. It can LAUNCH the ball HIGH into the air. The peak height was crazy high.  The monitor trajectory image showed a bit of a ballooning trajectory on some shots. In the end, I like my SLDR better on feel, on clubhead shape, and on the more boring trajectory. If they could bring back the i20 feel to their drivers I would be sold on a lot of them. I think they perform really well. I think they are substituting feel for extreme forgiveness.  [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103188/] [/URL]

Do you find these numbers to be similar to how you hit your current driver?

@saevel25 er Bubba?  Is that club speed and carry for real?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On that machine, yea. The only difference, on solid strikes, is slightly less carry, not as high ball flight. They are very similar. Still on mishits the G30 does spin more, some at 3000+. The SLDR is lower spinning overall. Also that ping driver was 1 degree less loft as well. Yea, I could game both. The G30 is just too big, harsh feeling, and goes too high. Personal preference is a no go for me. [quote name="boogielicious" url="/t/75537/ping-introduces-g30-series-driver-fairway-hybrid-and-irons/36#post_1031423"] @saevel25 er Bubba?  Is that club speed and carry for real? [/quote] I plugged a few numbers into the trajectory optimizer on the flight scope website. The carry is about 7-9 yards too far on average.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

On that machine, yea. The only difference, on solid strikes, is slightly less carry, not as high ball flight. They are very similar. Still on mishits the G30 does spin more, some at 3000+. The SLDR is lower spinning overall. Also that ping driver was 1 degree less loft as well. Yea, I could game both. The G30 is just too big, harsh feeling, and goes too high. Personal preference is a no go for me.

I plugged a few numbers into the trajectory optimizer on the flight scope website. The carry is about 7-9 yards too far on average.

You carry 90 yards more than me.  I hate you! :-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

You carry 90 yards more than me.  I hate you!  :-D

Bazinga!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!