IGNORED

Member Review Roll Call: Serola Sacroiliac Belt (for back pain)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The rep just sent me an email saying he needs everyone's measurement. He's says it's not your waist size because the belt is worn around the hips.

Can everyone please send me a PM with this measurement? I'm at the airport so I'm assuming there's something on their website or in the video about this, thanks

Done.

Have fun in AZ..Mike.. :-D

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just received the message tonight Mike.

I will send you my size tomorrow.

Thanks, Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to ask about this and it showed up today. Anyone else get theirs?

Haven't received mine yet. Headed to the range in about an hour, would have been neat to try it out tonight... :-D

Mine arrived today - i was amazed that it made it because the label was totally unreadable.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Mine arrived today - i was amazed that it made it because the label was totally unreadable.

It's all in the computer. They don't look at that anyway.

- Shane

IMO, these things are no more than crutches.  If you break a leg, you need a crutch to get around.  But if you always use the crutch, you will never walk correctly again.

Long time back health can be found. Lose the big gut, if any.  Can you imagine carrying a bowling ball in a pouch hooked to your belt?  Second, learn some yoga and do the yoga 3x per week.  Yoga, i have found, is superior to other methods of 'exercise'. Y?  Always available, no need for gym, pool, track, etc.  Dependency on externals won't build your mind up to be strong.  Exceedingly cheap.  Some lessons, yoga mat, short pants. Done.  Can do yoga in tiny spaces, eg, hotel rooms, etc. Yoga  can focus on whole body betterment including back, buttocks, legs, torso, upper body, spine and builds strength and flexibility.  It's the best.

I received mine today.  Will try it out this weekend.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Mine arrived today.

Played nine holes in the evening wearing the belt.

It is a very comfortable fit, I was able to still place my glove in my hip pocket and it did not hamper the use of the front pockets either.

The instant I put the belt on, my back pain subsided.

I could ride in the cart, sit in a chair and swing the clubs without any discomfort.

I'm a very happy camper today.

Will post a full review in a few weeks.

Thanks Mike and Doc Serola for sharing this product.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

IMO, these things are no more than crutches.  If you break a leg, you need a crutch to get around.  But if you always use the crutch, you will never walk correctly again.

Long time back health can be found. Lose the big gut, if any.  Can you imagine carrying a bowling ball in a pouch hooked to your belt?  Second, learn some yoga and do the yoga 3x per week.  Yoga, i have found, is superior to other methods of 'exercise'. Y?  Always available, no need for gym, pool, track, etc.  Dependency on externals won't build your mind up to be strong.  Exceedingly cheap.  Some lessons, yoga mat, short pants. Done.  Can do yoga in tiny spaces, eg, hotel rooms, etc. Yoga  can focus on whole body betterment including back, buttocks, legs, torso, upper body, spine and builds strength and flexibility.  It's the best.

I would slightly disagree that "long time, back health can be found". Pretty general statement. Yoga cannot cure arthritis, which I have in my back, the pain will always be there to a degree. What I'm looking for is something to help stabilize my lower back while playing, so I can get through 18, instead of having to stop at 13 or 14 holes at the most.

My PT gave me exercises to do to help straighten my spine, and it works to a degree, But, it won't make the arthritis go away. So in that regard your statement is a wee bit off imho.

Someone who has had an injury often needs a crutch. You make some good points, but bear in mind, many people did nothing on their own. My brother was rear ended twice, once REALLY hard. I think you're making a broad generalization here.

• Upvote 1

- Shane

This is rather cynical @joekelly .  I first hurt my SI joint in high school running track.  I slipped on ice outside while doing hurdles in the winter.  I was in great shape.  It would flare up in college when I was running track or playing rugby.  When I was racing bicycles in my 30s, and had 8% body fat, it would still flare up. This was with constant stretching and core strengthening work.  That was 20 years ago.  To this day, I still do all the correct stretching exercises (focus on the psoas muscle) and core strength work.  I do my yoga stretching everyday, sometime twice a day.  But it still flares up because there is a defect in my SI joint that will never fully heal.

I will evaluate the belt with full honesty because I am a skeptic at heart.  I am wearing it right now (I'm fully clothed, so wipe that image out of your head!).

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My apologies to all who suffer back pain, for whatever reason. I fully agree that some  sources of back pain are not relived by any known activities, including yoga. This device may help some folks, in fact, everyone is a bit different so lumping all together was 'my bad'.

I have met many guys who complain loudly about back pain yet accept no responsibility for their own health. Some look to the drug, the doc, the bed rest, the beer bottle, the belt.

But hey, if the belt fits, u feel better, shoot better golf and have better sex, go for it.

My apologies to all who suffer back pain, for whatever reason. I fully agree that some  sources of back pain are not relived by any known activities, including yoga. This device may help some folks, in fact, everyone is a bit different so lumping all together was 'my bad'.

I have met many guys who complain loudly about back pain yet accept no responsibility for their own health. Some look to the drug, the doc, the bed rest, the beer bottle, the belt.

But hey, if the belt fits, u feel better, shoot better golf and have better sex, go for it.

Nothing personal joe, just thought your statement was a tad to general. Also, I wasn't trying to discredit you either.

Sorta like my bone spurs on my elbow, only surgery can correct it. :beer:

Nothing personal joe, just thought your statement was a tad to general. Also, I wasn't trying to discredit you either.  Sorta like my bone spurs on my elbow, only surgery can correct it. :beer:

I was in great shape as a youngster. Getting old kinda blows.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!