IGNORED

FootGolf Anyone?

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would you play FootGolf?

• Yes
    • No

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/2014-06/footgolf-gifs#slide=1

As someone who played soccer as a kid, I think this would be a fun alternative to playing golf. I also a enjoy a good round of disc golf as well. Still, interesting concept.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A couple courses in my area have Foot Golf. I think that would be a fun family outing when my boys are a bit older. I put it on the same level as miniature golf.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Not a chance I'd play – I can't stand soccer or any bastardized/hybridized version of it.

My daughter might, though, and perhaps that's of more significance than my opinion of it.

John

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

Hey...

Is that one of @Shorty 's cats.....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I would much rather do this than disk golf, NTTAWWDG.  I guess there is a course that does this here in Milwaukee, of which I have been thinking about giving this a try.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator
I would much rather do this than disk golf, NTTAWWDG.  I guess there is a course that does this here in Milwaukee, of which I have been thinking about giving this a try.

Darn right! And disc golf is fun. Get here early enough on Friday and Mike and I will take you out. :)

I would play FootGolf. I already play on a soccer league. It'd be cool if you had to bend the ball around trees and things, too. So a combination of disc golf and real golf. Holes, not baskets. More trees (disc golf), less open spaces (golf).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Darn right! And disc golf is fun. Get here early enough on Friday and Mike and I will take you out. :)

I would play FootGolf. I already play on a soccer league. It'd be cool if you had to bend the ball around trees and things, too. So a combination of disc golf and real golf. Holes, not baskets. More trees (disc golf), less open spaces (golf).

I have actually never tried disk golf.  Does sound fun.  I would just like to try and bend a soccer ball like that Beckerman fella... ;-) I'll check with the "boss" and see if I can leave early that Friday... :whistle:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• Administrator
I have actually never tried disk golf.  Does sound fun.  I would just like to try and bend a soccer ball like that Beckerman fella...  I'll check with the "boss" and see if I can leave early that Friday...

Disc, with a c. Erik, with a k. :-D

Of course, if you still have some old AOL floppies lying around or something, you're more than welcome to try disk golf.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Disc, with a c. Erik, with a k.

Of course, if you still have some old AOL floppies lying around or something, you're more than welcome to try disk golf.

Spelling was never one of my stronger points, come to think of it I am not sure what is.  Maybe telling jokes that nobody gets and are not funny.  There we go.

We are trying to get a little office git-to-getter going for some footy golf before the 15th.   Maybe I will Vlog it.

Nate

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/footgolf-part-soccer-part-golf?sct=hp6

I have not seen anything in my area.  Would you play?

Footgolf. No one seems to know exactly where it started, but now that it’s here, it’s starting to pop up everywhere on golf courses across the United States. And we mean everywhere.

“It took us six months to organize the first tournament in the U.S. back in 2011,” said Roberto Balestrini, co-founder of the American Footgolf League (AFGL), the national governing body of the sport in the United States. “Since then, we’ve opened 200 footgolf courses across the country. By the end of the year, our goal is to have 500.”

It’s still golf, played on a real golf course, with all of the same rules. But instead of swinging a club at an often frustratingly finicky golf ball, players kick a soccer ball from the tee box to the pin, which features a 21-inch diameter cup. Each kick is a stroke, and, yes, you better avoid the beach and the water.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/footgolf-part-soccer-part-golf#ixzz3934HBaez

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

They have one set up at one course I play on the inside or "executive" 9 course. It looks strange and it's not something I'd be interested in playing, but that course doesn't get much play typically so I guess they wanted to try to get more use out of it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I saw it for the first time on HBO's Real Sports last night.  I have zero interest in trying it, but I can see where soccer is more popular that it could catch on.   On Real Sports it was mentioned in the same vein as Hack Golf, as a gateway sport into real golf but I'm not sure I see the path or commonalities.  Only similarities I see between golf and Footgolf are both are played on something resembling a golf course and involve rolling a ball into a hole to score.

I'm sure Taylor Made will come out with different shoes or shoe tips that are specialized for different shots and let's not forget in footgolf  a "foot wedge" is legal.

Joe Paradiso

I have played and really enjoy it, but I have been playing soccer since I could kick a ball.

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

I played on a course that also allowed kick golf at the same time as regular golf.  My first question to the starter was how do we not hit these people with our golf shots and he assured me that they move along quickly, basically playing 18 holes in 2 hours.  They kick from much closer tees and have a couple of holes the size of small garbage can openings with an entirely different set of flags.  As it turned out, once we got used to the extra flags on the course, it was not a problem at all.   The biggest surprise is that the foot golfers used carts which was a good thing since they moved along very quickly.  The course is in NW Jersey (Cascades) and is a 9 hole 3600 yard (from the tips) layout whichi s part of the Crystal Springs resort much has multiple courses.  The Cascades course also has "green" , or novice tees which were great from my 9 year old grandson.

• Administrator

I'd play.

I enjoy disc golf too. Different ideas, same basic goal.

Note: This thread is 3181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!