IGNORED

Free Online Lessons: Nominate a Member for August

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. I vote for ______ for free online lessons the month of August

• isukgolf
    • Jakester

You know I simply can not contend with a speech that starts with "I have dream" ...

Honestly I am about join Evolvr, and gracelessly give my vote to @Jakester23  I am sure I will not only enjoy seeing his progress, but learn from the great advice as well.

@mvmac as soon as I get a couple of trips done that are coming up in the next 4 weeks, you will see me on Evolvr

I also want to say how grateful I am at even being considered ... when I first join TST my HC was 23.8 ... today it is 18.5 ... there is a lot to  learn here if you look for it and listen.

Good luck to @Jakester23,and congratulations!!!

Is this a speech like in the movie Mooseport? ;-)

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Jakester23 I believe your dream implied that you would like to see your ball flying down the middle of the fairway with mine at Erin hills. The quandary is that I find your dream may be a fallacy coming from the REM cycle. If you hit your ball down the middle, you will be alone, because I will be 150-200 yards off the tee in the left rough. ...enjoy the lessons bud. ;)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

@Jakester23 I believe your dream implied that you would like to see your ball flying down the middle of the fairway with mine at Erin hills. The quandary is that I find your dream may be a fallacy coming from the REM cycle. If you hit your ball down the middle, you will be alone, because I will be 150-200 yards off the tee in the left rough. ...enjoy the lessons bud. ;)

I did say it was a dream not a reality ;)

Wow very generous @isukgolf, if you join Evolvr we might have to change your username after a few lessons

Should change it now, his handicap is lower than mine haha

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Congrats!! @Jakester23 .. It will be fun to follow along.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Fun for the peanut gallery. Not so fun for mike or Erik (whoever loses at paper rock scissors). Best of 3?

Is this a speech like in the movie Mooseport?

LOL ... I had to Google Mooseport ... funny!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Looks like I missed out on the nominations!  Oh well, good luck to both nominees and I hope you get a lot out of it.  I can honestly say that it did help me a lot, but unfortunately I can't follow through with it due to an upcoming knee surgery (non golf related).  But as soon as I'm able I plan on getting back to what was taught and putting up more videos to show real progress.

A word of advice is to make use of the mirror at home before going to the course.  Having the video camera is great, but you can spend an hour doing something the wrong way and you won't know until you get home to view the video or get the feedback from posting the video.

Also, upload all the videos to youtube and create a playlist so that you can reference and note your progress chronologically.  I think it will pay off when attempting to revisit the lessons later or after time away from practicing (like when I start over again after I'm cleared).

Last but not least, I don't think I ever formally thanked Eric and Mike for their time and contribution with this, so thank you both!  I really appreciated it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Looks like I missed out on the nominations!  Oh well, good luck to both nominees and I hope you get a lot out of it.  I can honestly say that it did help me a lot, but unfortunately I can't follow through with it due to an upcoming knee surgery (non golf related).  But as soon as I'm able I plan on getting back to what was taught and putting up more videos to show real progress.   A word of advice is to make use of the mirror at home before going to the course.  Having the video camera is great, but you can spend an hour doing something the wrong way and you won't know until you get home to view the video or get the feedback from posting the video. Also, upload all the videos to youtube and create a playlist so that you can reference and note your progress chronologically.  I think it will pay off when attempting to revisit the lessons later or after time away from practicing (like when I start over again after I'm cleared). Last but not least, I don't think I ever formally thanked Eric and Mike for their time and contribution with this, so thank you both!  I really appreciated it.

Great post and i hope you recover soon. Make sure you keep us in the loop on your recovery. Good luck bud

I nominate myself as well! Honestly, I could use it. When I strike it well it's great...bad thing is, that's way less that 50% of the time. C'mon I'm 23 and I'll be loving this game till my time on earth is done!!
Titleist 910D2 Titleist 910F 19* Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW Top Flite Tour Wedge 56* Cleveland Smart Square Putter

Thanks for the nomination @JetFan1983 , but I conceded to @Jakester23 s ago ... I agree with you that he is more than deserving!

Again thanks for the nomination as I really do appreciate it!

I will be joining Evolver when I get off this golf trip next week.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

@Jakester23 in a runaway! Even though I nominated @isukgolf, I'm throwing my vote Jakester's way as he is more than deserving himself. Looking forward to seeing your August lessons/analysis/practice!

Thanks for the nomination  @JetFan1983 , but I conceded to @Jakester23 a couple of days ago ... I agree with you that he is more than deserving!

Again thanks for the nomination as I really do appreciate it!

I will be joining Evolver when I get off this golf trip next week.

Yep, I remember. I shot you a thumb for volunteering yourself out of the competition. Your day in the sun will come! :beer:

• Upvote 1

Constantine

So I'm like a 5 year old on Christmas eve right now :)

Congrats @Jakester23

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

So is it good to have 20 swing video's to send in?

Or you can just post one DTL and one FO in your my swing thread? ;) Congrats!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!