IGNORED

Over the top

Note: This thread is 3573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Find a yoga block and set it a few inches outside your ball.    This visual will force your swing to come from the inside.   A long cardboard box will also work.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

pappy, do you have a strong grip..? I changed mine from being fairly strong to a more neutral grip, which helped me from coming over the top. I know it sounds strange, let me see if I can explain. With a strong grip, my left hand felt like I was hitting a back hand slice in tennis, going from high to low, and right to left, i.e. swinging out to in, instead of in to out. I would hit big pull hooks, or full on hooks, even with my 60 degree wedge. Also, I use to take the club back way to far inside, I stopped doing that, and can now hit em fairly straight, heck I even hit a couple fades last night, which I've never been able to do.

It might worth a try to adjust your grip, and have a look at your takeaway...just a thought.

Does anyone have any drills to eliminate pull hooks from an over the top move?

This move is started by an inside takeaway.

For the takeaway

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!