• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crim

French Open (Euro Tour)

16 posts in this topic

I wasn't going to make a thread for this, but seeing as how baby walrus (kevin stadler) posted an excellent 7 under to put himself on top the leaderboard after the 1st round...why not!?

Euro Ryder Cup potentials Stephen Gallacher (3rd place) and Jamie Donaldson (T4) also had good rounds, but hometown hero Victor Dubuisson had apparently a very rough time dealing with allergies/hay fever. Victor posted a +5 (76)... he could very well miss the cut much like Martin Kaymer did last week in Germany.

Speaking of Kaymer, I'm surprised to see him in the tournament as he's stated a couple times lately how tired he's been. Take a week off guy!

Other notables include: Matthew Fitzpatrick in his 2nd pro tourney (-2), Thongchai Jaidee (-1), G-Mac (-1), Paddy Harrington (+3), Thomas Bjorn (+5),

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Stadlers got a five shot lead as of about 1 AM PT. A few guys trying to punch a ticket to the British Open including Chile's Felipe Aguilar

After 2 rounds, Stadler's at -10, on top.  Next at -7, and many follow.  Only 2 USA guys made the cut, amongst  a parade of world flags.

WOW

McDowell goes 67 for a successful title defense In France. Stadler goes major meltdown, topped off with a pathetic putt for the tie at 18. Lose the banned putter, dude. :naughty: They're poison.

Great round and win by G-Mac...will help his Ryder Cup chances. Horrible putt by Stadler. Can't believe that.

Great round and win by G-Mac...will help his Ryder Cup chances. Horrible putt by Stadler. Can't believe that.

My man! :-D

Awards and Achievements

Golf Channel keeps saying Karlsson, Hoey & Riu secure British Open spots. Stadler should be one as he's not eligible?

I think Stadler has a ticket to the BOpen. He won a tourney this year in USA.

Many comments about Stadler's aching back, from play on Saturday. He looked pretty weary at the end. i could imagine his thoughts on the final hole being 'how soon can i lie down and rest my back'. Given the possible pain the shortest route to the bed rest is NOT a playoff.

The Thai guy, Jaidee, really played like a champ. Way over par in the first 4 holes, then rours back on a very difficult course, rainy, windy, lots of water, horrid high rough, steep ridges off greens, narrow fairways,  forced carries. Tough, tough course. . Even Gmac was wearing warm-up mittens between shots. Jaidee had a towel wrapped around his shoulders. Few, maybe only 4 players, shoot under par on day. That is indicative of difficulty of course and conditions.

Although Stadler's a young guy, he does carry much extra weight and this certainly affects his stamina walking the wet and sloppy hills.

I may be crazy, but I'm enjoying watching the euro tour more than ours! Well, once they hit Europe proper. The courses are more interesting ( minus of course the us open and Augusta), the announcers know when and when not to talk, and they play when the weathers crap. And they show crappy shots. As evidence of Stadlers blow up yesterday when he shanked 3 shots! Like I said, I may be crazy. Good on McDowell today!

I may be crazy, but I'm enjoying watching the euro tour more than ours! Well, once they hit Europe proper. The courses are more interesting ( minus of course the us open and Augusta), the announcers know when and when not to talk, and they play when the weathers crap. And they show crappy shots. As evidence of Stadlers blow up yesterday when he shanked 3 shots!

Like I said, I may be crazy.

Good on McDowell today!

Kinda the same here. I've always liked watching the Eruo tour. Oh yeah,, WTG G-Man.. :beer:

Awards and Achievements

The Euro course graphics are way better, IMO.  The graphics  show the hole layout, the drive placements, the distance to the green.  None of these do i see on USA TV.

I may be crazy, but I'm enjoying watching the euro tour more than ours! Well, once they hit Europe proper. The courses are more interesting ( minus of course the us open and Augusta), the announcers know when and when not to talk, and they play when the weathers crap. And they show crappy shots. As evidence of Stadlers blow up yesterday when he shanked 3 shots! Like I said, I may be crazy. Good on McDowell today!

I agree. I usually enjoy the courses, commentators, TV start time (early in the morning) a lot more. It helps when guys like Henrik, G-Mac, or Jimenez are in the running though. I loved this quote from Graeme.. "I'm very surprised," said McDowell. "Midway through my second glass of red wine last night, when I was very disappointed with my back-nine performance on Saturday, I really didn't think I'd be standing here with an opportunity to be in a play-off and with a trophy in my hands." Classic...drowning his back nine sorrows with wine, I do that all the time.

I like the commentators and feel for it. Seems more relaxed and calm and less forced if that makes any sense

I may be crazy, but I'm enjoying watching the euro tour more than ours! Well, once they hit Europe proper. The courses are more interesting ( minus of course the us open and Augusta), the announcers know when and when not to talk, and they play when the weathers crap. And they show crappy shots. As evidence of Stadlers blow up yesterday when he shanked 3 shots!

Like I said, I may be crazy.

Good on McDowell today!

I have always said this, their commentators are ideal for me. I enjoy their coverage way more than USA coverage.

Well done smallrus for heading to the European tour, good for you mate.  And second too!! Nice to see USA players heading across the pond to mix it up and he was so close to a play off. Gotta love him !