IGNORED

Golf Commentators - Least Favorite

DefinetheMoment
Note: This thread is 3553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Least Favorite Golf Commentator

• Johnny Miller
    • Peter Kostis
    • Judy Rankin
    • Ian Baker-Finch
    • Curtis Strange
    • Brandel Chamblee
    • Tripp Isenhour

I was just curious if anyone had a " LEAST FAVORITE " golf commentator?

I can't stand Johnny Miller. He's annoying as :censored: , very negative, and it seems like every chance he gets, he talks about himself.

I have a few others that are on my list that in some way irritate me and I will put these names in a poll (in no particular order).

Let me know your thoughts!!

Everyone h ave a safe & wonderful 4th of July , 2014!!!

-Jason

- Jason

"When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment or the moment defines you."

Can't stand Faldo. Comes across as a pampas ass. Colin Montgomery gets on my t1ts too! :) Regards Mailman
  • Upvote 1

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can't stand Faldo. Comes across as a pampas ass.

A pampas ass? That would be what, some kind of Argentinian mule? Personally I don't find Faldo especially pompous, his TV persona is surprisingly OK considering how notoriously difficult a personality he had as a player.

• Upvote 2

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

There are so many that make the list ... But Chris Berman is on it ...
  • Upvote 1

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I'm on the fence about Faldo, I think he's gotten a little better in recent months...I didn't even think about Berman, but agreed, definitely annoying (he can stick his "back, back, back" up his a$$, a$$, a$$ LOL)

- Jason

"When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment or the moment defines you."

Is there any possible way to add Tom Abbott, Paul Azinger, Chris Berman, Nick Faldo, David Feherty, Rich Lerner, Gary Koch, Peter Jacobsen, and Gary McCord to the poll? It'd be a more accurate representation  of whom the community dislikes the most.

Constantine

You guys in the states are fortunate you have so many good commentators. For an excruciating lesson in boring you need to watch any European Tour programme!!!! Mailman

Mailman

You guys in the states are fortunate you have so many good commentators. For an excruciating lesson in boring you need to watch any European Tour programme!!!!

Mailman

Really..? When I've watched the Euro tour, I liked the way they announced the game. Dougie, can't recall his last name, seemed like a good announcer. Do have tons of commercials during a tournament ..?

No not really Hammer, the number if commercials is no more or less than usual. But I guess each to their own when it comes to commentating. Personally I can't stand the Argentinian Donkey and Monty! :) Regards Mailman

Mailman

None of them bother me, I'm more focused on the golf.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

It is not even close for me, Brandel Chamblee.  He is a puke.  If Bob Costas was on with him, it would be exponential pukes.  I want whoever is announcing with them to just punch them in the face.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Miller is my favorite, and not just on that list.  I like his honesty and knowledge of the game.  Always liked Peter Alliss too.  Judy Rankin does a professional job.

Chamblee is the least liked on that list.  Not too fond of Faldo either.

I guess I don't watch enough golf these days though, because I wouldn't know Tripp Isenhour if I bumped into him.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

John Miller is my favorite also. Tells it like it is.

My least favorite is Chris Berman. Let him do something other than golf, I don't understand how he ever landed a links gig.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Anybody who is too "careful". Kelly Tilghman is my least favourite. Ever since she made that remark about Woods way back, she has been way too soft and fake.

Note: This thread is 3553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!