• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valleygolfer

Unusual golf balls seen on the course

17 posts in this topic

I just wondered if anyone else has found any unusual golf balls on a golf course. Any ideas about this ball? Is it Fluff's person ball?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I once found a logo ball commemorating Tiger Woods' 2000 US Open win, and a ball that looked like it came off a mini-golf course, but never one like that. It's certainly different, but I'd imagine Fluff would use whatever kind of ball Jim Furyk does since I be the gets those free.

Awards and Achievements

I found a Strata with a Harvard emblem on it. I stopped hitting it because it always went left. :)

I found a Strata with a Harvard emblem on it. I stopped hitting it because it always went left. :)

I'm here all night!  Try the veal!

Awards and Achievements

Boo hiss!

Spongebob balls. I save them and offer them as a joke to players who have just lost their ball.

Spongebob balls. I save them and offer them as a joke to players who have just lost their ball.

I actually have one too. I was going to post one but I searched and realized it wasn't that unusual.

Playing on vacation in FL a good while back.  My ball dribbles off the fairway and into the tall grass next to water.  Upon looking for my ball, I find an orange, unmarked ball that CLEARLY came from a putt-putt golf course!  Could have been hit by a kid playing with dad or g'pa.  You don't make a find like THAT very often.

dave

Feeble riff on the false left-right paradigm, but amusing nonetheless!

I found one like this once. (It was actually mine, too!)

I keep some of them if they aren't something I would expect to find around here.

A couple with Eastlake Golf Club, one with an Enron logo, and one with a Blue Devil.

[QUOTE name="trickyputt" url="/t/75630/unusual-golf-balls-seen-on-the-course#post_1015842"] Spongebob balls. I save them and offer them as a joke to players who have just lost their ball.[/QUOTE] I actually have one too. I was going to post one but I searched and realized it wasn't that unusual.

LOL if you see me playing one it would be unusual!

I found an Excaliber ball with Charles Barkley's picture.

Every time I'm looking in the OB's, be it lost ball, (or just waiting for others to finish their shots and looking for balls), most times, the balls are Titleist Pro V1 or ProVXs.

As a result, nearly all the balls in my bag are Pro V1's

Every time I'm looking in the OB's, be it lost ball, (or just waiting for others to finish their shots and looking for balls), most times, the balls are Titleist Pro V1 or ProVXs.

As a result, nearly all the balls in my bag are Pro V1's

Must be a fancy course. I only find around 1 ProV1 to 30 junk balls when I'm either picking the range or searching the weeds at my course. I wish I had your luck! :-D

Awards and Achievements

Same with the Dick Durbin US Senate one I found.

nothing like finding a ProV1 tagged w/ " Uncle Randy's Breezy Balls ".

My most interesting golf ball finds are weird situations when I find my own lost balls!   My mark is difficult to miss.........I write this on BOTH sides of the ball.  LOL

Two situations come immediately to mind.

Case 1:

I paired up with a guy when I notice he is playing one of my lost balls.  That was hilarious!  I pointed out my mark, and he tried to give the ball back to me.  I think he took my comment the wrong way...LOL    I refused to take the ball, but pairing-up with a complete stranger using one of my lost balls was PRICELESS!!   IMO...this was quite funny!

Case 2:

I am playing from a greenside bunker and play my shot.  Parts of the bunkers at Stone Canyon have long native grass along some of the lips.  While raking the trap after playing my shot, I notice a ball imbedded up under the lip in the deep grass, so I decide to dig it out.......and it was a ball that I lost weeks or possibly months before!  Hahahaha.......