IGNORED

What is your favorite kind of course?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 6014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite kind of course?

• Barren and desert-like.
    • Links (very little tree if any).
    • Oceanside.
    • Forest.

Guest ShadowXOR
check this out

I hope that's a joke because that is irresponsible and dangerous.

EDIT: Unless it is a sponsored event with rules, etc. (like this one is).

I would totally do that.... Because I'm irresponsible, and I like danger.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Guest ShadowXOR
I would totally do that.... Because I'm irresponsible, and I like danger.

If you're getting yourself in danger, fine, but I'm talking about other people. Don't put other people in danger, that is just being inconsiderate. I've seen golf balls do some serious damage to homes and people. Unless of course it is a sponsored event that is responsible for damages, and people are out of the way. I understand they hold things like that which is cool if that is what you mean. But I know some real pricks in my neighborhood that would do this with no permission and if they break your window tough luck...

If you're getting yourself in danger, fine, but I'm talking about other people. Don't put other people in danger, that is just being inconsiderate. I've seen golf balls do some serious damage to homes and people. Unless of course it is a sponsored event that is responsible for damages, and people are out of the way. I understand they hold things like that which is cool if that is what you mean. But I know some real pricks in my neighborhood that would do this with no permission and if they break your window tough luck...

What are you an 90year old? You sound like everyone's grandmother......

Rynofskie

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Guest ShadowXOR
What are you an 90year old? You sound like everyone's grandmother......

Because I don't want people breaking my window or hitting me with a golf ball that makes me a grandmother? What are you, a five year old? Grow up. If I can drive balls directly towards your home please tell me, it would be great fun since you don't seem concerned.

Because I don't want people breaking my window or hitting me with a golf ball that makes me a grandmother? What are you, a five year old? Grow up. If I can drive balls directly towards your home please tell me, it would be great fun since you don't seem concerned.

Dude, I think you have anger issues.....The photo was obviously a joke, and you took it all serious like people were about to die and sh!t. I was just prodding you because you are talking like you have all this property that is constantly being threatened by errant golf ball missiles hurled by street toughs......it's funny is all.

dang.....
Rynofskie

Guest ShadowXOR
Dude, I think you have anger issues.....The photo was obviously a joke, and you took it all serious like people were about to die and shit. I was just prodding you because you are talking like you have all this property that is constantly being threatened by errant golf ball missiles hurled by street toughs......it's funny is all.

I get pissed off because my neighbors drive me crazy, not with golf balls but tons of other stuff. I don't have a high tolerance for neighbors being stupid so I'm really sensitive about it. I could go on a massive list of everything they have done. It felt like you were being a jerk to me so I responded accordingly. Sorry if it was a joke, but I didn't "get it" I guess.

And actually the photo isn't a joke, it's from a sponsored Urban Golf tournament in London.

Guest ShadowXOR
Nah, I don't think is a joke. I came across this website. I would never participate and would not encourage someone to play. But there is a cult following

Some of them don't use a mat and they seem to encourage the use of irons, you could really screw up your clubs easily doing that! At least that website seems to promote being smart about it, though I still wouldn't recommend it. The tennis ball also makes it a lot better.

I voted, but I don't really have a favorite. If I only get one more round my entire life, it's probably on a famous links course.

You should re-do the poll with more choices. Such as:

1. Links.
2. Seaside/beach.
3. Parkland.
4. Mountain/forest.
5. Desert.
6. No favorite, love 'em all.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Where's the "all" option?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey.....what about the mountain courses????

In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Guest ShadowXOR
If I could modify the poll I would, but you can't.

And I generally classify mountain courses with forest courses, they usually go together.

• 1 month later...

Links course, especially on a gusty fall day with an overcast. I don't know why, but I love playing in those conditions. It makes me feel like I'm in Scotland or Ireland. Dorky, I know.

In the Bag:
Driver: G10 7.5°; Fujikura 757 Speeder X-Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2 13°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
5 Wood: 906F4 18.5°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Rapture 21°; Aldila VS Proto 80 Shaft X-StiffIrons: MP-60: 4-PW; Dynamic Gold S-400Wedges: Vokey Design Spin Milled: 54°, 60°

Note: This thread is 6014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!