IGNORED

Will you post 100 rounds this year?

ditchparrot19
Note: This thread is 3541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I won't make it, but I'll probably top 75 or 80. I've got 46 right now. My goal at the start of the year was 52 (an average of one per week), and I'll likely blow past that before this month ends.

Things will slow down come September, though, when golf slides to No. 3 on my recreational priorities list for a few months (behind bird hunting and steelehead fishing). Then I'll get back at it in January.

I posted more than 100 one year in the mid-90s, but that was before a wife, kids, dogs and quite a few other things entered the picture. I kind of doubt I'll ever reach it again, but who knows?

I once saw a report on TV about a guy who posted like 600 in a year. He didn't play every day, but on the days that he did he almost always played three rounds (a very early one alone, and then one with a morning group, followed by another with an afternoon group). Not sure I could handle that.

John

I will at least come close if i do not make it - was at 49 rounds at the half-way point for the year.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep. At 67 now and should continue to average 2 per week. Don't think I'll make 120 this year though.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

No- locally, my season is less than 5 months and will only be 4+ for me this year as I was away for the first few weeks.  I've been averaging close to 3 rounds a week (18 posted so far) and should end with over 50 for the season.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Not this year since I got a late start. Next year for sure since I can play all year long, 2 to 3 rounds a week. I might get in 50 this year, plus a lot of practice.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Nope, nowhere close either. I might make it to 50 or 60 if things pick up the last half of the season.

On a side note, I think this is one of the reasons I'm not progressing as fast as I have in the past. Last year I played a lot more golf and was able to get a more consistent miss. However this year I feel like I've made more progress on my swing which will lead to much more lasting results.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

This will be my 4th year playing ... I've posted just over 100 for each of my first 3 years (many are 9 holes after work).   45 ytd ... probably won't make it this year, but  should be close  ...

PS - not a fair fight - you guys in the warmer regions can still play when we're shovelling snow !!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

PS - not a fair fight - you guys in the warmer regions can still play when we're shovelling snow !!

You can always move - i doubt many of us were born in these hick states.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Maybe, not sure how much I played before handicap season started. Fairly certain I played more Feb-Apr than I have recently. Starting to slow down a bit. Realized I was playing for the wrong reasons, more or less chasing good scores. It started to be a drain. Going back to just a few times a week seems to lead to better golf for me.

Dave :-)

This will be my 4th year playing ... I've posted just over 100 for each of my first 3 years (many are 9 holes after work).   45 ytd ... probably won't make it this year, but  should be close  ...

That's pretty strong for PA...... :beer:

You can always move -

Yep, they have roads that go south.  Some of us were smart enough to get on one of them at some point in time. :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

No. I play once per week. 15-20 rounds in a league. I'd have to double up on some weekends to get that done.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I don't really have a goal other than to play as often as I can considering the demands on my time from other activities.  Last year was around 110.  This year through the 1st six months I am at 35.  I will be fortunate to come close to 100 this year.

Brian Kuehn

Not a chance. I might not break 20. I'm amazed at (and a little jealous of) how much golf people manage to play. I've been playing for six years now, and I don't think I've even played 100 rounds total.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

If by rounds we are talking about both 18 and 9 hole rounds then I probably play about 2-3 times a week or more (9) and will most likely play 100 plus this season for sure! Even though I am basically takin this Month off.. I'll make it up though by doubling up my playing time next month! It is easy to play 9 before work, and even 18!on Saturday before the family wakes up!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

If I lived closer to a course, and had a membership, I could/would do it.

I would play 9 before work, and 18 at least one other time during the week.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 3541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!