IGNORED

Will you post 100 rounds this year?

ditchparrot19
Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I took Dave in Fl advice almost 5 years ago and moved from KC to Houston. After the move I retired! I have post over three hundred rounds each year since I moved here with last year being the best at 341. Even got written up in the Texas golf assoc magazine for the most posted rounds in the state of Texas. This may sound like a lot for your guys but remember, I retired, I do not have any other hobbies, my wife plays with me on the weekends ( she still works:) ), plus I really enjoy it and feel cheated if I don't get out every day. 2-3 days a week I'll get in my 36 when my wife shows up after work and we get in another round before dark.

I don't see how you can count 9 holes as a "round".  That's half of a round.  When others are counting 18 hole rounds, you can't say that your 9 hole rounds count the same.  Take the total number on 9 hole rounds and divide by 2 to get the 18 hole equivalent.

In the last 2½ years I've played 10 rounds total - 3 rounds this year so far.  Since it would cost me a minimum of about $500 per round to play here in the Bahamas, it's out of the question.

Next week I'll be back in Colorado, and within 3 days I'll be playing golf again.  My brother is coming down from Idaho to play, and after we've done it up in Colorado, we'll head to Idaho for a few rounds.  I hope I can get to 25-30 before the snow flies, but with moving into a new house, attending my 50th high school reunion in Minnesota, and taking a 3 week trip to Africa, I just don't know how much I will get to play.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't see how you can count 9 holes as a "round".  That's half of a round.  When others are counting 18 hole rounds, you can't say that your 9 hole rounds count the same.  Take the total number on 9 hole rounds and divide by 2 to get the 18 hole equivalent.   In the last 2½ years I've played 10 rounds total - 3 rounds this year so far.  Since it would cost me a minimum of about $500 per round to play here in the Bahamas, it's out of the question.  Next week I'll be back in Colorado, and within 3 days I'll be playing golf again.  My brother is coming down from Idaho to play, and after we've done it up in Colorado, we'll head to Idaho for a few rounds.  I hope I can get to 25-30 before the snow flies, but with moving into a new house, attending my 50th high school reunion in Minnesota, and taking a 3 week trip to Africa, I just don't know how much I will get to play.

Yup. A round of golf is 18 holes. Play 9 holes twice to combine for a full round.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yup. A round of golf is 18 holes. Play 9 holes twice to combine for a full round.

Yeah, when I asked the question to start the thread, I was thinking only of 18-hole rounds.

I don't know if other state associations are like this, but in the NCGA, when you post a 9-hole score nothing really happens until another 9-hole score is paired with it. Then it shows up on your list as a full round.

Of the 47 rounds I've posted this year, I'd say at least 10 of them are two 9s combined into one round.

John

71 right now, all depends how the weather holds up in the fall.

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2 Cobra Bio Cell+ Callaway Razr Hawk 3W TaylorMade SLDR 19H Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-AW Scor 55 & 60 (Wedges)

I've always considered even a 9 hole round a round - involves driving to the course, putting your shoes on, wrestling your golf bag out of the trunk an walking to the first tee...

... if you're talking in terms of posting scores & hcp, sure, it's not equivalent to a "round".

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I've always considered even a 9 hole round a round - involves driving to the course, putting your shoes on, wrestling your golf bag out of the trunk an walking to the first tee...

... if you're talking in terms of posting scores & hcp, sure, it's not equivalent to a "round".

The thing is, when you are talking measurements (i.e. how many "rounds" played), then you have to be talking about the same thing.  You can't look at the guy who only has time of one 18 hole round per weekend as being less of a participant than the the guy who plays only 9 hole "rounds" but plays twice as often.  You are equating a 5 minute pre golf chore to 2 hours of playing time (no, I don't count driving to the course as part of the "round").  Most people I know will often combine that drive with getting some errands done, so the drive has a different function.  That said, most people live only about 10 minutes from the course they play most often.  In my book, all of the pre-golf actions are irrelevant.

9 holes is a half round, 18 holes is a full round for the purposes of comparison.

Rick

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

The thing is, when you are talking measurements (i.e. how many "rounds" played), then you have to be talking about the same thing.  You can't look at the guy who only has time of one 18 hole round per weekend as being less of a participant than the the guy who plays only 9 hole "rounds" but plays twice as often.  You are equating a 5 minute pre golf chore to 2 hours of playing time (no, I don't count driving to the course as part of the "round").  Most people I know will often combine that drive with getting some errands done, so the drive has a different function.  That said, most people live only about 10 minutes from the course they play most often.  In my book, all of the pre-golf actions are irrelevant.

9 holes is a half round, 18 holes is a full round for the purposes of comparison.

I'm not a competitive player, so it's semantics and really doesn't matter to me.    I keep a hcp to measure my improvement only.    If I'm driving to a course, taking the time to go through all the rituals required to play golf, to me a 9 hole round is a round ... obviously, its not to you, and that's ok.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I do all those things every time I visit the range too. But following my session, I still haven't played a round of golf then either..... ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

I'm not a competitive player, so it's semantics and really doesn't matter to me.    I keep a hcp to measure my improvement only.    If I'm driving to a course, taking the time to go through all the rituals required to play golf, to me a 9 hole round is a round ... obviously, its not to you, and that's ok.

I'm saying that for the comparative purposes of this thread there has to be a standard or we're just wasting time with it.  You say you have 100 rounds (9 holes each) and someone says "Wow!" only to find out that you use a different yardstick than he does and his 65 rounds of 18 holes each means he's played more golf than you have.  You can't use different standards when comparing statistics, and that's what this thread is about.

Rick

The reason I separated the rounds wa because I didn't do them all at once, that is why I said nine holes, so you can adjust accordingly. Like some people were saying about the prep, I still did my 90 minute warmup before each round/9 hole round

I don't know if I'll make it to 100.  I've never kept up with it actually.

I did just move to an apartment on a pretty nice course and have been playing 9 holes twice a week and 18 on the weekends.

If I would have moved here at the first of the year, I'd make 100 no problem.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

We play every weekend at least one round, plus a few on vacations,holidays or when ever we can fit one in, I would say this year 70-75 +/-?

One thing different this year from last was, we put in quite a few 9 hole rounds. This year we have played 3, 1 with Lihu and son and 2 due to slow play and walked off the course.

My son on the other hand will have well over 100 with him being on the HS team. Lucky kid gets to play at all the country clubs in our area, with there home course being Friendly Hills CC.

He did say that maybe once him and his sister are gone that maybe I could afford to join a country club, nice son! :censored:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I don't know how some of you find the time...but good for those of you who do!

Don't think I've gotten to 100 rounds since my high school competing days- too many other hobbies and too creaky of a body now. I'm content now getting 30-50 rounds in a year.

I bought a membership this year for a company that has 24 total courses, including 7 in my area, and was hoping to hit 100 rounds.  But this season got off to a late start - about mid-April, and it'll probably finish at the end of October, so I don't think I'll quite make it.  I do play other sports as well, including basketball, so that takes up time as well.

But maybe if the season goes to late November, I might make it.  I do plan on golfing a lot in a 2-week stretch of holidays coming up... maybe I'll try 81 holes in one day (4.5 rounds) like Michael Jordan did once!  That's just insane to do that... he probably had the course to himself, took a cart, and had people bring him whatever he needed at times, but still.

I won't even get close to 100 this calender year, I'll be happy if I get five in.  Currently have only one 18 hole round in due to a lot of factors, but at least I've been able to get to a driving range several times during my lunch hour at work so all is not lost.

A few years (before I got married) I probably easily got over 100 rounds in by playing 9 on the way home from work several times a week, then hitting an 18 hole course a few times a month. These days, well, I'm working on it and am happy with whatever I can get in.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Little over 8 rounds per month...... probably not.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

I've gotten in 64 rounds thus far, though some of them couldn't be posted because of the off season.    I still believe I will end up over 100 rounds before they shut down posting though.

In addition to the real golf, I play in the morning league scramble twice a week, so I will have been around the course about 150+ times before the year is out.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!