IGNORED

The Sand Trap Visits PING! G30 Turbulator Testing, Factory Pics

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tour 80-x here.

But since shaft flex doesn't matter, next time I'm just gonna tell them to give me an A flex if they have some extras. :P

I think they have a few hickory shafts lying around.

Wait I think that last time I saw you has a new bag of I25's you were playing. Now G30's?

Hey they offered and I wasn't going to refuse ;-) Myself or another staff member will write the review. Figured I'd at least give them a try, if tour players can play G irons, they're good enough for me.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think they have a few hickory shafts lying around.

Hey they offered and I wasn't going to refuse  Myself or another staff member will write the review. Figured I'd at least give them a try, if tour players can play G irons, they're good enough for me.

Looking forward to your review, 2nd round on mine and cant say enough about them.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Looking forward to your review, 2nd round on mine and cant say enough about them.

Driver worked today, hit 12/14 fairways. Had the G30 4 &5 irons in the bag and hit some nice shots with them today.

Mike McLoughlin

Driver worked today, hit 12/14 fairways. Had the G30 4 &5 irons in the bag and hit some nice shots with them today.

Yep, the irons are supper easy to hit, really like the 4i a lot, was going to start caring a 4h but I think I will stick with the iron or now.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Question:

Is the G30 sftec being marketed as a K15 replacement or is it just being seen as such by certain commentators?

To the guys lucky enough to be at the factory and doing the testing.......did the Ping guys say that it was?

Apart from the weight pad, the geometry doesn't look the same from what I see in the photos.

I won't get to hit one for a couple of months.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Question:

Is the G30 sftec being marketed as a K15 replacement or is it just being seen as such by certain commentators?

To the guys lucky enough to be at the factory and doing the testing.......did the Ping guys say that it was?

Apart from the weight pad, the geometry doesn't look the same from what I see in the photos.

I won't get to hit one for a couple of months.

Yes the G30 SFTec replaces the K15. PING thought it made more sense to introduce a driver with the playing styles of the K15 under the G30 umbrella rather than come out with a K25 (or whatever it might be). Mark Calcavecchia and Kirk Triplett have put it in play.

Mike McLoughlin

Yes the G30 SFTec replaces the K15. PING thought it made more sense to introduce a driver with the playing styles of the K15 under the G30 umbrella rather than come out with a K25 (or whatever it might be). Mark Calcavecchia and Kirk Triplett have put it in play.

Thanks, mvac. :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Mike were you gaming the G25 before the G30? If so is there a noticeable difference?

Mike were you gaming the G25 before the G30? If so is there a noticeable difference?

Yes I had the G25 before. Differences that I've noticed is that the G30 launches slightly higher with less spin, club speed is slightly higher (1mph on average for me) and at address the back of the driver is less "pointy". Also sounds different, less "tingy".

Mike McLoughlin

Yes I had the G25 before. Differences that I've noticed is that the G30 launches slightly higher with less spin, club speed is slightly higher (1mph on average for me) and at address the back of the driver is less "pointy". Also sounds different, less "tingy".

Distance

Distance

Compared to my G25 on Trackman I hit it about 3-4 yards further.

Mike McLoughlin

That's interesting.  I recently snapped the head off my G20 got a G25 and am loving it.  I am not sure if it is a better match to me or my swing is getting better but I gained more consistent distance.  I got the 8.5 degree have it set to 8 and I get 15 degrees of launch 150 mph ball speed, 2200 rpm.  I can carry it 250-260 but my course is soft and it is a high ball flight I don't get much roll.  These numbers are from range sessions with a GC2 and on course reality so don't get crazy with the numbers.

I have messed around with teeing it lower to get a lower ball flight to see if it would be a benefit.  I use a 2-1/4" tee and barely stick it in the ground.  It took a while to figure out how to hit up on the ball I hesitate to change anything at this point.

Being blessed with more money than brains I am considering getting a G30.  I am not really looking for distance but 3-4 yards would be welcome.  I am looking for added Forgiveness.  Now my bigger misses go 230-240 and are in the middle.  Big help.

Do you find the G30 to be more forgiving?

Do you find the G30 to be more forgiving?

Not really, same as the G25.

Mike McLoughlin

Not really, same as the G25.

Compared to my G25 on Trackman I hit it about 3-4 yards further.

What about comparing the i25 and G30?

What about comparing the i25 and G30?

Haven't gotten a chance to test them on a launch monitor, distance is going to very similar. In just hitting balls with the i25 in the range, with the same loft, the i25 launched lower (one or two degrees) with less spin. Biggest difference is just the way the heads look, they're both 460cc but the i25 looks more compact. G30 also has more adjustability options.

Here's why a player would go i25 over G30 IMO

- Swings at a good speed (105+) but really has a tough time keeping their spin rates down (sub 3000).

- The compact look fits their eye better.

Mike McLoughlin

That look like a blast touring the PING factory. As far as the G30 driver (SFT model), it turned my draw into a raging hook, I had no confidence in it. I had the 30 day 'try it if you don't like it,bring it back for a full refund' policy so I got a G25 driver that suits my game very well.

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

That look like a blast touring the PING factory. As far as the G30 driver (SFT model), it turned my draw into a raging hook, I had no confidence in it. I had the 30 day 'try it if you don't like it,bring it back for a full refund' policy so I got a G25 driver that suits my game very well.

Yeah the SFT model is built for those that hit it straight-ish and want the ball to draw or want to reduce their fade.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!