IGNORED

Summer gets a Polar Vortex

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I support "Polar Vortex's" in the summer!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My friends and I take our golf trip the 3rd week in July every year (we're in the Cincinnati area) for 20+  We usually go somewhere a couple of hours away; Lexington, Indy, Louisville, etc.  You being in Dayton know how hot and miserable it can be.  So why am I not as excited as you for the Polar Vortex next week, since it is the 3rd week in July?  Because my idiot friends decided this year would be a great year to go to Naples, FL for our trip.  So instead of us having close to picture perfect weather for playing golf all day long....well, y'know.  I don't want to talk about it anymore. :-D

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I like my summers hot.

So do I ... and my Winter as well ...

Four season in Phx, Az ... almost summer, summer, still summer, 2 weeks of winter ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I'm looking forward to a break from the heat.

When did they start calling these things "Polar Vortexes"? I don't remember ever hearing that term until last winter when we had a never ending supply of them.

I remember sitting at the lake on the 4th of July 1979 with a coat on and a blanket over me. Pretty sure that was some kind of vortex but we just called it "Blackberry Winter" back then.

I don't think I ever heard the term "polar vortex" before this past winter but I know this isn't the first time we have had cool weather in the summer, so I don't buy the "global warming is causing it" hype either.   Nonetheless, the highs are supposed to be in the 70's for the next few days here and IMHO, that is perfect golf weather, so you can call it what you want, I'll call it perfect golf weather.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

So do I ... and my Winter as well ... Four season in Phx, Az ... almost summer, summer, still summer, 2 weeks of winter ...

I need to move there. Except the dust storms, aka haboobs.

- Shane

NE Ohio:  We've already had our week of summer.  It was the 3rd week in June while I was away at the beach.  Fall started 2 weeks ago.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Well, FL rocks bikinis....

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I don't think I ever heard the term "polar vortex" before this past winter but I know this isn't the first time we have had cool weather in the summer, so I don't buy the "global warming is causing it" hype either.   Nonetheless, the highs are supposed to be in the 70's for the next few days here and IMHO, that is perfect golf weather, so you can call it what you want, I'll call it perfect golf weather.

Al Gore likely made up the name.... :roll:

Al Gore likely made up the name....

Was that before or after he invented the internet?

I actually looked up the history, and Al was not too far off ... he did help spear the government's efforts for one internet as a Senator.

Since 96% of scientists support the idea of humans assisting global climate change, I'm thinking, well, there might be something to it. And we rarely have 70 degree weather with rain in July in N. Texas. Last weekend, it was 100 F. This week, in the 70's and overcast. Like others say, it may not overly affect weather patterns but it may make them a tad more unusual and fairly violent.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

There is 4 or 5 of us who are scheduled to meet up at Furnace Creek in Death Valley, California in August. http://www.furnacecreekresort.com/activities/golfing/?gclid=CJDGnrGLz78CFUZbfgodfaoAHQ I'm pretty sure the word "polar" won't be part of any discussions.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Al Gore just went to Australia on a climate change b^%$hit tour.  They had record lows.  The joke now is that everywhere Al goes be sure to take your snow gear.

Hey, if we are causing these record lows with global warming (haha), why can't we make it happen every day when it gets too hot??  Think of the lives we could save in areas where seniors don't have AC in some of the poorer parts of the country and in some of the big cities.  If WE can make it colder due to "global warming", I think it is our responsibility to help those in need.  Right??!

If it is too hot....global warming.  If it is too cold...global warming.  If it is just right...global warming.  If your garden comes in late...global warming.  If your dog chugs its ass on the living room carpet...global warming.

Reminder...."Little Ice Age".    Explain that one. :-D

Al Gore just went to Australia on a climate change b^%$hit tour.  They had record lows.  The joke now is that everywhere Al goes be sure to take your snow gear.

Hey, if we are causing these record lows with global warming (haha), why can't we make it happen every day when it gets too hot??  Think of the lives we could save in areas where seniors don't have AC in some of the poorer parts of the country and in some of the big cities.  If WE can make it colder due to "global warming", I think it is our responsibility to help those in need.  Right??!

If it is too hot....global warming.  If it is too cold...global warming.  If it is just right...global warming.  If your garden comes in late...global warming.  If your dog chugs its ass on the living room carpet...global warming.

Reminder...."Little Ice Age".    Explain that one.

Most people have a parochial view of the weather and its changes, and not a world view.

IOW, 96% of scientists would say you can't see the forest for the trees.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

Reminder...."Little Ice Age".    Explain that one.

Seriously?

Virtually every scientist agrees that global warming is real. But you had a cold spell (which is perfectly inline with global warming) and that experience counts? :P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Al Gore just went to Australia on a climate change b^%$hit tour.  They had record lows.  The joke now is that everywhere Al goes be sure to take your snow gear. Hey, if we are causing these record lows with global warming (haha), why can't we make it happen every day when it gets too hot??  Think of the lives we could save in areas where seniors don't have AC in some of the poorer parts of the country and in some of the big cities.  If WE can make it colder due to "global warming", I think it is our responsibility to help those in need.  Right??! If it is too hot....global warming.  If it is too cold...global warming.  If it is just right...global warming.  If your garden comes in late...global warming.  If your dog chugs its ass on the living room carpet...global warming.   Reminder...."Little Ice Age".    Explain that one.:-D

This is precisely the reason why they're trying to change the name to just "climate change." Global warming is really a misnomer, because while the average global temperature has and will continue to rise, weather (which is different than climate) is actually going to become more erratic. Some parts of the world are predicted to get colder, BTW. So yes, it's a little cold spell in the summer, doesn't disprove anything. There are heat waves in the winter, too.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You guys are really drinking the Cool-Aid.  No, that's not right in this case.  Eating the snowcones.

The fact that man can effect the planet in this way in such a short time is ridiculous.

AGAIN.......LITTLE ICE AGE.   EXPLAIN IT FOR ME. Must have been all the industry, right??!   Greenland was so beautiful until all those factories went up, eh?

We have only tracked temps for a little over 100 years, if that.  You seem to know the cycles of world temps with almost no precedent?  Please.  Give me a break, you "scholars" who watch T.V. to get your info.  Geez.

Dinosaurs only 5000 yrs, old too?  God made Earth in 7 days?  Moon made of green cheese?     What kind of schooling did you all have?  Any??

Note: This thread is 3554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!