IGNORED

Holly Sonders Topic

mvmac

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is moving to Fox a good move for Holly Sonders?

• Yes
    • No

Stating facts followed by a conclusion that someone was looking to advance her career is misogyny now? Do you have anything to say about the topic instead of just commenting on others?

This is a rich comment since on another thread someone lamented about content and made no comment on the topic prompting changes to the verbiage... Which you defended.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Since Holly left, has anyone watched Morning Drive yesterday and today, other than to listen to the Open Press Conference edits?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Since Holly left, has anyone watched Morning Drive yesterday and today, other than to listen to the Open Press Conference edits?

I don't typically watch during the week, not sure if she's regularly on Mon and Tues. Did watch Sat and Sun and really, surprisingly missed her. The presentation was flat, I felt. Think her leaving is going to hurt their ratings and will crush Martin Hall's show.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Nope - didn't bother.     Martin's show will flop - I don't mind him, but lets be honest, Holly was the main draw.   If I was in the back or on the computer, my wife would call me in to the TV room if Holly was wearing something especially revealing - LOL.     It will be interesting to see if TGC had a contingency plan to replace her with someone of similar assets, or if they will flounder trying different people.  This was such a bad decision on TGC's part - it amazes me they didn't pony up & give her what she wanted based on her popularity (or maybe she just wanted out, who knows)...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

For those people who are lamenting on why GC didn't "pony up" and match Fox's deal (if I am reading it correctly), what you are missing is that there is no way GC can match what Fox was offering.  No I do not know the terms of the deal, but you can gleam a lot of information on what is being disclosed by the general terms of the deal that was announced.

For example:

*  Fox intends to use Holly in not only for Golf but also for NFL--meaning there will be a lot more work assignment (more lucrative work assignment) for Holly.

*  If you figure the ratings for NFL coverage gives Fox a significantly more advertisement revenue than any GC shows Holly was in, there is no way GC can match what Fox is offering.

Of course, I have no idea what the terms are, but just based on the fact that Holly will be covering NFL games, I cannot see how GC can even come close to matching Fox's offer.

As for the OP's post, I never watched any of the shows Holly was on.  In fact, I hardly watch much TV at all.  So while it probably is a good career move for Holly, it does not matter one iota to me.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Heard Fox bumped Pam Oliver for Erin Andrews. Holly will now fill Erin's shoes. Got a feeling GC never had a prayer.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Mike, re: the poll, you left out 1 option...Who cares...

Yep.  That's the one I was looking for. :smartass:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Why doesn't GC go after the model from one of the Big Breaks. Blair something can't remember her last name. She was good looking sponsored by Puma also and plays golf. Seems like a solid fit.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I think they are pushing to put Paige Mac in place of Holly. My guess she will be losing some weight (she has lost some) and get the cake make up treatment to take over the eye candy slot. I am not sure that she will be Martin's golf model though. Martin may end up solo like Breed.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
This is a rich comment since on another thread someone lamented about content and made no comment on the topic prompting changes to the verbiage... Which you defended.

Dude, c'mon. You used the word "pimp" in the subject of a topic. That's hardly the same thing, and if you can't tell the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

Furthermore, all I did was change the title of the other thread. The purpose for doing that is two-fold, but had far more to do with the SEO impact of people searching for things than the offense someone took to the title. The offense just called my attention to the title.

P.S. Furthermore commenting on the title of the topic is, by definition, commenting on the topic. :P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree, but I think she also tried too hard to sound like an announcer. I feel the same about Amanda Balionis on PGATour.com too.

From what I've heard, there's some of that that has to be done, but I think they both take it too far. They sound fake and forced.

At least Amanda Balionis is nice to look at. Doesn't qualify her in my mind, though.

But it says something about golf audiences when someone like Sonders gets a job talking about golf.

And it also says a lot about the average male if that is their definition of beauty. Fake breasts, ridiculous clown makeup, underweight and looking twice her age.

I'd rather see someone who can play doing what she does  - male or female - and listen to someone who isn't there purely because of her looks.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

At least Amanda Balionis is nice to look at. Doesn't qualify her in my mind, though. But it says something about golf audiences when someone like Sonders gets a job talking about golf. And it also says a lot about the average male if that is their definition of beauty. Fake breasts, ridiculous clown makeup, underweight and looking twice her age. I'd rather see someone who can play doing what she does  - male or female - and listen to someone who isn't there purely because of her looks.

If you think she was there purely for her looks, you didn't watch much. I outlined her talents in an earlier post and don't recall mentioning her looks among that skillset. I'm certain they didn't hurt as they never do, male or female.

On one hand, she gets to hang out with pro golfers at GC, but she will get to spend time on the sidelines of the NFL at Fox...

I like golf more than football, so I'm going to say no.

- Shane

At least Amanda Balionis is nice to look at. Doesn't qualify her in my mind, though.

But it says something about golf audiences when someone like Sonders gets a job talking about golf.

And it also says a lot about the average male if that is their definition of beauty. Fake breasts, ridiculous clown makeup, underweight and looking twice her age.

I'd rather see someone who can play doing what she does  - male or female - and listen to someone who isn't there purely because of her looks.

Agreed, and me too. I wonder how long her contract is for..?  If it's for 1 year, I'd bet that shes gone at the end of her contract from FOX.

Thought she wasn't too bad. Played her part well playing second fiddle on most shows and didn't seem to mind that she was seen by lot of folks as little more than eye candy. She never seemed to try to be one of the big boys of GC like Kelly T. I definitely see her more fit for NFL than golf for some reason. Good for her. The 'about to crack' makeup was hard to look at though.

Vishal S.

TGC ... Sara Brown would make a great replacement.      Her golf career isn't going anywhere on the Symetra Tour, so ...

tap tap tap, is this thing on at TGC ... SARA BROWN !!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"