IGNORED

Justin Rose Wins Open with New TaylorMade Driving Iron

Note: This thread is 3572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Just in time for the Open Championship TaylorMade has officially introduced the new Tour Preferred UDI ($199). Expected to be in the bags of a dozen or more TaylorMade staffers this week including Justin Rose, who carried the club for both of his recent wins, the UDI is aimed at players who want the distance of a hybrid club with the control and workability of an iron.

Tomo Bystedt, director of product creation at TaylorMade, comments:

Quote:
We designed the Tour Preferred UDI for players seeking a versatile club that delivers incredible distance off the tee and a high-performance alternative from the fairway. The clean, traditional look at address inspires confidence and the Speed Pocket technology provides amazing distance and consistency.

The UDI produces plentiful distance thanks to a Carpenter Steel clubface and TaylorMade's Speed Pocket Technology, which increases ballspeed and reduces spin on shots struck low on the face. The club is available in 16, 18, and 20-degree models and comes standard with a KBS C-Taper Lite shaft.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've got a Callaway X Utility, 21 or 23 degrees, I can't remember. I definitely like it better than a standard hybrid. There is something about the shafts in hybrids that feels a bit off. Doesn't work as well out of the rough, but not a shot I face very often anyways.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Mizuno has this for a long time. The MP H4.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Mizuno has this for a long time. The MP H4.

Even before the H4 with the Fli Hi.  I have the 4.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Interesting, give me a long poke iron over a hybrid any day. I think with the larger club head and whatnot I have higher expectations with a hybrid and yeah I end up topping it or shooting an arrow that doesnt come near my expectations

Its not the dreams in the recesses of you mind, its the approach and how you go at it Roddy

Note: This thread is 3572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!