IGNORED

Are You Addicted to Golf?

albatross
Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are you addicted to golf?

• Yes
    • No

yep, at work watching livestream

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

yep, at work watching livestream

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I'm not addicted because I can realize that I can't afford it. I think to be addicted would remove that hurdle from my mind and I'd spend all my money on it. I have the capacity to be addicted to a lot of things because my family in general has addiction problems. The difference for me is I recognize it and make sure that I don't give in to the tendencies.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

No, I just really like golf. Addiction means you need it to the point where it yields negative impacts to other aspects of your life.

Agreed.

Working at a home office, the sound is off, the Open is on. It's background. When work requires additional concentration, the TV goes off. I like to limit range time to 1 hr during the week, 2 hrs once per weekend, and play 1X during the weekdays, preferably late in the afternoon.

I have evolved... still am.

I had used golf as an escape from a bad marriage or relationship, as a way to get away from life's negative aspects. Of course, I took my boys with me so we enhanced our relationship. But it did no good for the significant other relationship. I eventually earned to confront the negative aspects, and then play golf.

Some people are equipment addicts -- I had a semblance of that issue as compared to the general golfing public, a major issue as compared to my friends, who had their own addictions - running, bicycling, hunting.... Basically, once I accepted there is no magic equipment pill, and lessons and fitting is the answer, I purchased or received fitted equipment that worked for me. I sold everything that was extra. Of course, I learned that some fitters are better than others, and then learned what brand equipment worked for me. That stopped the equipment merry go round. The only piece of equipment I really look for now on an annual basis is driver and golf balls.

I also learned that instructors are different. I had wasted almost 10 years on one, jumped to two others, then lost faith in that profession for about 4 years until over a year ago. I've been lucky since that time and have settled down. Progress is being made.

Golf can be a long road

Now if I can limit myself to one golf forum...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm only addicted in the winter.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I play a lot of golf, think and/or research about it all day, watch it a lot at night and dream about it. So probably. But as I got older, I am not that old, there just isn't much else to do. I watch a lot of sports and movies as they come out but find TV boring. I am getting too old for video games and like more interaction now anyway. I don't like going out and drinking. I live in a lake access community but don't really like fishing or going swimming. So what else am I going to do?

James

Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!