IGNORED

I finally tried putting butter in my coffee

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I kid you not. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/07/13/568277/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I've never heard of putting butter in coffee, but I've never heard of putting maple syrup or honey in it, either.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You coffee people are maniacs! :-D

Not a coffee connoisseur, quite the opposite. Just wanted to see what all the hubbub is about. I'm actually the opposite of a coffee snob :-). I'll drink anything with caffeine from beans.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

What never put salt in coffee? Salt everything man, Salt is a taste amplifier!

I always hate it when fancy food places add salt to sweet foods. It could just be me, but I don't like mixing sweet and savory/salty/spicy. I don't like salted caramel, or melon with salt, or cayenne pepper in chocolate.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I always hate it when fancy food places add salt to sweet foods. It could just be me, but I don't like mixing sweet and savory/salty/spicy. I don't like salted caramel, or melon with salt, or cayenne pepper in chocolate.

Kettle corn???

If you say no ... then I don't think I even know you anymore. :cry:

:-P

Depends on the food. I love salt on a chocolate bar. Tomatoes with salt are great a swell. For most deserts, I think salt should be added as a standard seasoning, not for salty flavor. I think a lot of homemade stuff misses a bit of salt. I also really like a bit of heat with sweet foods as well. Not necessarily Cayenne.

Kettle corn???

If you say no ... then I don't think I even know you anymore.

So good, though my favorite is kettle cooked potato chips.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Strawberries with fresh cracked black pepper. Devine.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Strawberries with fresh cracked black pepper.

Devine.

Oh that sounds good. Black Pepper would have that sharp heat that would match well with a strawberry. I think that would work really well with watermelon as well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Chocolate covered pretzels?????

Gotta like those...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Kettle corn??? If you say no ... then I don't think I even know you anymore. :cry: :-P

Damn, I didn't think of that one. I love kettle corn. [quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/75842/i-finally-tried-putting-butter-in-my-coffee/0_30#post_1021295"]Chocolate covered pretzels????? Gotta like those... [/quote] Those too. [quote name="saevel25" url="/t/75842/i-finally-tried-putting-butter-in-my-coffee/0_30#post_1021282"] Depends on the food. I love salt on a chocolate bar. Tomatoes with salt are great a swell. For most deserts, I think salt should be added as a standard seasoning, not for salty flavor. I think a lot of homemade stuff misses a bit of salt. I also really like a bit of heat with sweet foods as well. Not necessarily Cayenne.  [/quote] I like tomatoes with salt and pepper, though tomatoes aren't intensely sweet. I know most cake and cookie recipes call for a bit of salt. Maybe the lesson here is that I shouldn't generalize, and that I just have a weird hangup with salted caramel. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Damn, I didn't think of that one. I love kettle corn.

Those too.

I like tomatoes with salt and pepper, though tomatoes aren't intensely sweet.

I know most cake and cookie recipes call for a bit of salt.

Maybe the lesson here is that I shouldn't generalize, and that I just have a weird hangup with salted caramel.

Well I am not a huge fan of caramel to begin with. Though to save myself now, I do like Caramel Corn!! :-P .

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

That's just wrong right there!

"You do not like them.

So you say.

Try them! Try them!

And you may.

Try them and you may, I say."

:-$

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Don't forget that pinch of salt in oatmeal. Followed afterwards by proportionally more brown sugar.

Steve

"You do not like them.

So you say.

Try them! Try them!

And you may.

Try them and you may, I say."

LOL. No way.

I will not eat them here.

I will not eat them there.

I will not eat them ANYWHERE!

- Shane

Now that you guys mention all the different foods with salt ... I'm pretty sure as a kid I ate a lot of apple slices with salt too.

And definitely tomatoe slices with salt ... yum.

Now that you guys mention all the different foods with salt ... I'm pretty sure as a kid I ate a lot of apple slices with salt too. And definitely tomatoe slices with salt ... yum.

I love apple slices with peanut butter. Salted or not. Yummmmm.

Steve

Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!