IGNORED

MIzuno Releases MP-15 at Open Championship

Note: This thread is 3326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

http://www.mizunousa.com/corporate/history

Lihu - you're a great guy but you mustn't enable someone who is on the internet yet is too lazy to use it !!! :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I was actually awaiting your response in this thread regarding the "Mizuno Grain Flow Forged" process and a reference to Samurai swords, and thought I would just make myself useful. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Principally questioning a fine group of common interest golfers who may have a background of playing these clubs, since I had already known the Companies history. There are great product lines that carry far larger historical value to different games. However, some fizzle out and some grow from nothing to something. If you were to go buy a new set of Mizuno irons right now you would pay just as much as any "taylormade" or "Callaway". So I guess I should have phrased my question differently......Possibly to; what has been the largest turning point of the marketing, design, performance ect.. of Mizuno clubs that makes them regarded in such a way that they can compete with these other time tested clubs. From browsing through this Forum there are lots of golfers not playing Mizuno. To a person playing Mizuno, what is it that makes you enjoy and rely on their product? Do you think switching to the MP-15 is a good 1000$ plan? (besides the point of having the latest and greatest?)

Its not the dreams in the recesses of you mind, its the approach and how you go at it Roddy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorty

Lihu - you're a great guy but you mustn't enable someone who is on the internet yet is too lazy to use it !!!

Principally questioning a fine group of common interest golfers who may have a background of playing these clubs, since I had already known the Companies history.

There are great product lines that carry far larger historical value to different games. However, some fizzle out and some grow from nothing to something. If you were to go buy a new set of Mizuno irons right now you would pay just as much as any "taylormade" or "Callaway".

So I guess I should have phrased my question differently......Possibly to; what has been the largest turning point of the marketing, design, performance ect.. of Mizuno clubs that makes them regarded in such a way that they can compete with these other time tested clubs.

From browsing through this Forum there are lots of golfers not playing Mizuno. To a person playing Mizuno, what is it that makes you enjoy and rely on their product? Do you think switching to the MP-15 is a good 1000$ plan? (besides the point of having the latest and greatest?)

My overall take is if you care about scoring lower, then use the most forgiving iron you can get. This product seems to be a replacement for the 59, which is a serious players club. $1000 is pretty steep for a club that you might not be able to use effectively.

The Mizuno history in my garage consists of: MP-32 and MP-52, and I had a righty set of MP-33 (which I could never hit). These were all purchased used at a local shop for virtually nothing. My MP-52 set was almost brand new. Only the PW had any wear marks on them, none of the other clubs had been used. I picked it up for less than $200 (a lot less, but I don't remember). These clubs were purchased by someone who thought they could use them, but gave up on them after a few years of virtual non-use. I would hate to see you in the same boat as the previous owner of these clubs which are already more forgiving than the MP-59.

Keep in mind that I am only semi concerned with score, and mainly play to have fun. So, don't use me as an example of someone with a higher handicap using a players iron. The semi concerned part of score is because I hate making bad shots. It just feels bad. I don't really care if it gets on the green, it was a still bad shot. Later on, when I care about scoring better, I plan to use the most forgiving club I can find even if I can hit these Mizuno clubs effectively.

Also note that I purchased all these clubs used. I would never fork out $1000 or more for these clubs, because I know I can't and probably never will hit them effectively enough.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I wonder who approves the design and finish product?? Absolutely hideous looking!!!!!!

:titleist: 913 D3 9.5* Diamana 72g X-flex neutral

:titleist: 913 FD 15* Diamana 82g X-flex neutral

:titleist: AP2 712 3-PW S-300

:vokey:51-08/ 55-11/ 59-08 equal length shaft

:cameron: Select Newport 2

I wonder who approves the design and finish product?? Absolutely hideous looking!!!!!!

Which brings up another point that "Beauty is truly in the eyes of the . . ."

I must have been hypnotized by watching too many Mark Crossfield videos with those large Mizuno bags sitting in the back and all the Mizuno signs on the walls separating stalls. :-$

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Which brings up another point that "Beauty is truly in the eyes of the . . ." I must have been hypnotized by watching too many Mark Crossfield videos with those large Mizuno bags sitting in the back and all the Mizuno signs on the walls separating stalls. :-$

I love how the titanium insert on the back looks. I might just have to upgrade from my MP-59's, need more bling.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Lihu - you're a great guy but you mustn't enable someone who is on the internet yet is too lazy to use it !!! :-)

Principally questioning a fine group of common interest golfers who may have a background of playing these clubs, since I had already known the Companies history. There are great product lines that carry far larger historical value to different games. However, some fizzle out and some grow from nothing to something. If you were to go buy a new set of Mizuno irons right now you would pay just as much as any "taylormade" or "Callaway". So I guess I should have phrased my question differently......Possibly to; what has been the largest turning point of the marketing, design, performance ect.. of Mizuno clubs that makes them regarded in such a way that they can compete with these other time tested clubs. From browsing through this Forum there are lots of golfers not playing Mizuno. To a person playing Mizuno, what is it that makes you enjoy and rely on their product? Do you think switching to the MP-15 is a good 1000$ plan? (besides the point of having the latest and greatest?)

You did kind of leave yourself open to those who seem to enjoy giving others a hard time... But here is my answer to what sounds like your question. I've played 5 different sets of irons since I've been playing: - Wilson (aerotech I believe was the line). Cheap, complete beginners set, played them about 10 years. Can't say I knew any better at the time to place any judgement on them. They served their purpose at the time. - Ping G5. Played these for maybe a season and a half, but just couldn't get used to them and the size of the head. - Mizuno MP-33. Bought these used on the cheap, wasn't sure what the next set was to replace the Pings, so I figured why not get some blades and really work on becoming a better ball striker until I figure out the next set. These were the irons where I really started to notice the "feel" and "feedback". - Mizuno MP-52. By this point I was a much better ball striker, and after trying out at least 20 sets of irons (on multiple occasions each) I had narrowed it down to Titleist AP2, Adams CB2, and Mizuno MP-52. I actually went with the MP-52 because they were a discontinued model and I got them for just about $600... I.e. They were the cheapest of the 3, and none of the irons really blew the others away. And now that I'm used to them... Wow! Couldn't be happier. I have since tried out different clubs here and there out of curiosity and for the sake of knowing what I want the next time I'm ready for a new set. I'm not sure if I'm just so used to Mizuno's standard set up, or what... But I seem to hit the Mizunos best, and feel the most confident and comfortable with them, over any other iron I've tried since. Basically, they're great and I'm pretty confident Mizuno will be my next set of irons. I have my eye on the MP-59 and MP-54. The 5th set... Titleist ZB Forged. They are my current set in NY for when I go home to visit. They are a nice set of irons, but I'll be shipping my current MP-52s back home to replace them once I'm ready for the new Mizunos.

Great looking irons and explains why used MP-59's prices have really dropped in the last few weeks.

Joe Paradiso

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I love my 59s!!!!

But these look gorgeous. I strongly recommend the 59s to anybody needing new irons. Now that they are gonna be sold at a lower price, they are truly worth it. They are geared towards a player with a lower handicap than me, but I tried them out and hit them better than the JPXs. The thing I like the most about the 59s is you really can tell when you hit it clean or not. It has a very distinct sound and feel to it more than any irons I have ever hit.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I love my 59s!!!!

But these look gorgeous. I strongly recommend the 59s to anybody needing new irons. Now that they are gonna be sold at a lower price, they are truly worth it. They are geared towards a player with a lower handicap than me, but I tried them out and hit them better than the JPXs. The thing I like the most about the 59s is you really can tell when you hit it clean or not. It has a very distinct sound and feel to it more than any irons I have ever hit.

Well now you can get a back-up set at a lower price ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I love my 59s!!!! But these look gorgeous. I strongly recommend the 59s to anybody needing new irons. Now that they are gonna be sold at a lower price, they are truly worth it. They are geared towards a player with a lower handicap than me, but I tried them out and hit them better than the JPXs. The thing I like the most about the 59s is you really can tell when you hit it clean or not. It has a very distinct sound and feel to it more than any irons I have ever hit.

Where have you seen the MP-59s for cheaper? I notice Golf Galaxy doesn't even list them in their website anymore, and TGW still has them at $999. If I could find them around the $800 range, I'd seriously consider picking them up

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have the specs on the Mp-15s?  Just wondering if the lofts are the same or stronger than the 59s, and how the offset compares?

I would think they would be the same. Mizuno keeps their MP line pretty consistent when it comes to length and loft specs.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

More info on the new Mizuno stuff here:

http://thesandtrap.com/b/bag_drop/now_jp_and_mp_irons_from_mizuno

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

More info on the new Mizuno stuff here:

http://thesandtrap.com/b/bag_drop/now_jp_and_mp_irons_from_mizuno

Saw that.  The 59s came out right after I bought my 53/63 combo set.  I might have to look at the 15s, and I probably should swallow my ego and take a look at the JPX 850 Forged (I know they are a a couple degrees stronger in loft).  The way I'm swinging these days, the more forgiveness, the better, lol!

Got the MP-54's this year and love them.  Fitting process was great and the clubs are excellent (when I am playing worth a crap).  Had the Burner 2.0's before and could not work the ball to save my life. Not that I am great at it, but when I am swinging well I can hit a draw or fade on command with these things.  Plan on having them for at least the next 3-5 years.

Note: This thread is 3326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!