IGNORED

New guy from Arkansas

Cool Breeze
Note: This thread is 3538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello fellow golf addicts,

Paul here from central Arkansas.

I've been playing golf for several years but have always been a 2-3 rounds a month during the good weather months.  It's hard to get any good like that.  Well, I've recently moved to an apartment on a pretty nice golf course and have been playing much more than usual.  I'm getting 9 holes in twice a week and 18 on the weekend.

I'm seeing improvement with the increased frequency of play, but am still by no means a good golfer.  An average day has me around 90-92 and if I happen to be putting decent that day (doesn't happen very often) I can get down into the high 80s.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning from people with more knowledge and skill than myself and enjoying conversation about this evil, frustrating yet somehow addictive game.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

Welcome to TST, Paul!

I envy your proximity to the course and I hope you know what a lucky son of a gun you are! :beer:

I would also like to point out that you are in fact a good golfer, not just by opinion, but statistically as well. I think your jaw would drop if you realized just how many people actually break 100 while playing by the official rules, let alone breaking 90.

Looking forward to seeing you take part in conversations and we're glad to have you aboard!

(PS: How did you get the name Cool Breeze? Just curious.)

Hey Spyder,

I do in fact realize how lucky I am to be right on the course.  Being a resident, the green fees are included as well, so I pay a small cart fee and have at it.  It's awesome!

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm not under any illusions that I'll ever be a scratch golfer but I'd love to get the handicap in the single digits eventually.  I do believe that's possible.

I got the name Cool Breeze by a foreman of mine on a jobsite back when I worked installing security systems, access control, cctv etc.  We were working on a huge new mall doing access control and cctv and I overheard him telling someone that I wasn't the fastest worker on the jobsite, but he never had to go behind me and check my work.  He noticed me standing there and said I move slow like a "cool breeze" and that became my radio handle on jobsites.  Not very exciting, but interesting none the less.  I just started using it on the couple of forums I frequent (I'm also a member of a forum dedicated to 2nd amendment rights and another about cigars).

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

Hey Spyder,

I do in fact realize how lucky I am to be right on the course.  Being a resident, the green fees are included as well, so I pay a small cart fee and have at it.  It's awesome!

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm not under any illusions that I'll ever be a scratch golfer but I'd love to get the handicap in the single digits eventually.  I do believe that's possible.

I got the name Cool Breeze by a foreman of mine on a jobsite back when I worked installing security systems, access control, cctv etc.  We were working on a huge new mall doing access control and cctv and I overheard him telling someone that I wasn't the fastest worker on the jobsite, but he never had to go behind me and check my work.  He noticed me standing there and said I move slow like a "cool breeze" and that became my radio handle on jobsites.  Not very exciting, but interesting none the less.  I just started using it on the couple of forums I frequent (I'm also a member of a forum dedicated to 2nd amendment rights and another about cigars).

Haha. There's a "Cool Breeze" around here as well. He's just a cool dude and always smooth and easy going about everything. We joke that this guy could probably strut through a fire with his swagger and the flames would part to let him through. He's never in a hurry, never pissed off, always smiling and always upbeat and positive.

You can be a scratch golfer if you had the time, constructive guidance through proper instruction and dedication to do it. I've never really been lower than a legit 6 in my life and I'm flirting with 10 again since having 2 kids. No big deal though, I'll love the game equally whether I'm a 5 or 15 (at least I'll convince myself of that to keep myself sane for the time being).

Definitely not trying to sell you on anything here, but if you ever were actually interest in receiving lessons from some of the instructors who moderate and operate/own this website, check out Evolvr . You could also PM @mvmac or @iacas for more information as well. You can still receive a Wikipedia's worth of knowledge here without the instruction though, just by engaging in and creating discussions.

Glad to have you here, Breezy! Enjoy yourself. :beer:

EDIT : You can also post a swing video here for some feedback and advice from some of our more knowledgeable members.

Check out our M ember's Swing thread and read this as well: So You Joined TST and Posted a Member Swing Thread…

Hello fellow golf addicts,

Paul here from central Arkansas.

I've been playing golf for several years but have always been a 2-3 rounds a month during the good weather months.  It's hard to get any good like that.  Well, I've recently moved to an apartment on a pretty nice golf course and have been playing much more than usual.  I'm getting 9 holes in twice a week and 18 on the weekend.

I'm seeing improvement with the increased frequency of play, but am still by no means a good golfer.  An average day has me around 90-92 and if I happen to be putting decent that day (doesn't happen very often) I can get down into the high 80s.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning from people with more knowledge and skill than myself and enjoying conversation about this evil, frustrating yet somehow addictive game.

I'm jealous! ;-)

Welcome to the site.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!