IGNORED

HIT INTO...What would you have done???

Note: This thread is 3543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As a general rule, faster groups are entitled to play through slower groups.

Let em through, and have a polite, but firm chat with them as you do.....

Exactly this, here are the details I've read so far;

• the OP was walking, "yahoo's" were riding.
  • OP was playing from longer tees, yahoos were playing from shorter tees
  • Yahoos were waiting on and hitting into OP
  • OP decides to say nothing nor let them play through.  At the last hole he hits their balls off the green to a location where they won't find them.

Aside from hitting into the group and risking injury of someone, I'd say the OP and his group didn't handle the situation very well.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

?s for the OP-

1.  Was the 18th the first time they actually hit into or past your group?  You say that they came close several times and that two of them drove #16 but don't say whether you were on the green at the time.

2.  What is the scorecard distance of #18 from the whites?

3.  Could they see your group on the 18th green when they drove into you?  (You mention a number of blind shots, etc. but I don't see details about 18)

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

I have unfortunately hit into people before. Never actually hit anybody, thank god, but I've come close. But every single time it's been an accident. Very few people hit into others on purpose (and people that do should not be playing golf).

Here's what you do - after it happens, talk to them about it. It's possible they haven't played the course before and had no idea. The course yardages are also likely mismarked. I've stood on holes the scorecard claims are 330 yards long and then nearly drove the green because they were actually 280 yards. So if you just talk to them, calmly, and tell them to be careful, that should take care of the problem. If they hit into you again, then call the pro shop and get them removed from the course.

Throwing their balls away is childish. Talk to them like a mature adult. If they aren't going to be mature about it, get the course to deal with it.

Also, it's none of anybody's business what tees people decide to play from in a casual round, as long as they keep up with the group in front of them. Not relevant at all here.

I agree with that and never figured I would run across anybody that gave a rat's ass which tees I was playing from.

I play from the tips when I play with my son, from tees in the middle when I'm playing alone or with most playing partners, and occasionally from the women's tees when my wife and I are playing (and only hit irons off of the tees).

I didn't read all the comments but here is my opinion....right or wrong...

Sounds to me like you were driving in the left lane doing the speed limit and didn't like the idea of the guy in the red sports car riding your ass the whole 18 mile trip. You could have simply moved over let him by and you both would have had a more enjoyable ride.....

Sometimes being right....is being wrong.

• Upvote 2

Taylormade SLDR 10.5

Ping Anser 4-PW

Ping Anser 52,54,60

Ping G25 3 Wood 15

Ping I20 4 Hybrid

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7

I didn't read all the comments but here is my opinion....right or wrong...

Sounds to me like you were driving in the left lane doing the speed limit and didn't like the idea of the guy in the red sports car riding your ass the whole 18 mile trip. You could have simply moved over let him by and you both would have had a more enjoyable ride.....

Sometimes being right....is being wrong.

Dang, why didn't I think to say this!!!!

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't have hit their balls. That's a douche move. The world would be a better place of we didn't repay douchery with more douchery.
  • Upvote 2

Colin P.

I thought I read that they had groups in front of them and they couldn't go no where either so there was no reason for guys hitting into them.from past experiences anyone can make mistake of hitting into a group by accident but more than once and that's just rudeness and wreckless or just stupidity.im not sure saying something to them would make a difference if they didn't stop hitting into you after the first time.usually the few times the group I was with got hit into the guys behind apologized about it.them not saying anything to you means they didn't know any better or care.

I thought I read that they had groups in front of them and they couldn't go no where either so there was no reason for guys hitting into them.from past experiences anyone can make mistake of hitting into a group by accident but more than once and that's just rudeness and wreckless or just stupidity.im not sure saying something to them would make a difference if they didn't stop hitting into you after the first time.usually the few times the group I was with got hit into the guys behind apologized about it.them not saying anything to you means they didn't know any better or care.

. "There's nowhere to go" is a poor excuse. Let them through, and you don't need to worry about them pushing you any more. Moreover, maybe the guys ahead of you let them through too. Just because the guys in front of you are as slow as you are, doesn't mean that the whole course should suffer! ;-) BTW.....if a group is 300 yards out, they should NOT be waiting for the green to clear. Having someone hit 40 yards behind you is NOT the same as being hit in to....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

A few problems could arise here.  First, YAHOO Inc. may sue you for defamation.  Calling rude and rowdy boys a proprietary tradename may be ill advised.

And even more threatening would be if that rude and nasty yahoo, who you might easily upset with any comment, rational or otherwise, will take great offense and 'pop' you one, especially easy if you approach him with long iron.  "Standing my ground  in mortal danger". BOOM. Or more likely pop . . See more here.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/75670/concealed-carry-on-the-course

One time hitting into forward group may be excused.  Twice means call the pro shop, stand aside and  let 'em go ahead.  No  questions asked. I can't see how messing with the balls of others can benefit any situation.

What matters is that they are in front of me. I suppose it is a little irresponsible to the party that was in front of me, but. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!