IGNORED

New member from Belgium

KoenA
Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all,

New golfer signing up here from Belgium. After lurking around on TST for a long time, I've finally gotten round to registering.

I have already learned a lot from browsing these forums over the past months, so let me start of with a big thank you to the many contributors here! Although my knowledge is still limited, I'll try to start posting to give something back :)

Some golf background:

Started playing end of 2012, and struggled enormously for quite a long while with consistency. Up until a few weeks ago, my handicap was stuck at around 40. Over the three weeks, I feel like I've made enormous progress, bringing down my handicap to 30.5 over two competitions (Note: in Belgium, only qualifying competitions count for handicap purposes). Despite already being quite a golf addict before, this feeling of improvement has made me want to play golf even more :)

I'm still struggling with the occasional shot going left with my longer clubs (typically a pull, sometimes a hook), but I'm sure that, potentially with the help of some of the experts on here, I'll be able to resolve this at some point.

Looking forward to (continue) reading and participating in these forums!

Years ago, I got sent on a college teaching assignment to the NATO base in Mons. We taught US forces stationed there.

North of Mons, I visited the Royal Golf Club de Hainaut. It has three 9-hole tracks which run through a forested area.  Unfortunately, I didn't bring my golf clubs.

Do you live in Flanders, or Wallonia, or the Brussels zone? If not Brussels, what is your city?

Welcome to our site!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I live in Iddergem, a small village about 25 km from Brussels. It's in Flanders, but I play golf in Wallonia at 'Enghien', a 9-hole course currently being expanded to 18 (woohoo!).

I've never been to the Royal Golf Club de Hainaut, but I intend playing a bit more different courses this year. Did this one look worth playing?

Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!