IGNORED

My Golf Club Closed Without Warning =(

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry to hear man. Same sort of thing happened to me a few years ago. The course was less than 2 miles from house, and was just closed one day. Always thought someone would buy it and re-open, but it's just overgrown now.

It's becoming all to common. I've driven past a few times and they are maintaining it. Perhaps not to a playable level, but they are not totally letting it go. That told me that they hoped to sell it. It really is a great course that I would put up to many other renowned private clubs. I played TPC MI earlier this summer and would say the condition of this course is (was actually) above what I experienced at TPC on the course. The clubhouse wasn't quite up to that level, but the course certainly was.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just learned today that my favorite course (Eagleglen) from my time in Anchorage, AK has closed this year.  That course did an amazing job of connecting you with the raw, unbridled power of nature.  Tragic.

Randal

this is never a good thing................going to your home course link and clicking....to find this...

http://www.greenecc.com/

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I feel you pain!

I've played well over 100 Ohio Golf courses and feel like I know Ohio golf pretty well.   I've played golf around ohio extensively, but not the Dayton area!  This is the only region I am lacking!!

cincy and SW ohio........yep, played a few there...................check

Toledo and NW ohio..............played a ton there...................check

central ohio........thoroughly played a huge swath.................check!!

NE Ohio......I've played a ton up there...................................check

Eastern/Central Ohio.......been there done that.....................check

Southern Ohio... down 23 down to and along the river.........check

Dayton...NEVER!   LOL...the one Ohio area I have yet to play!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I've never been a member at a golf club but I know that if I paid for a membership which entitled me to play golf for a year then I would expect my money back and if I paid shares then I would want those back as well. Its not the players fault that the current owner or potentially the new owner didn't like the amount of members that signed up or lack there of. Was a refund given?

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

I feel you pain!

I've played well over 100 Ohio Golf courses and feel like I know Ohio golf pretty well.   I've played golf around ohio extensively, but not the Dayton area!  This is the only region I am lacking!!

cincy and SW ohio........yep, played a few there...................check

Toledo and NW ohio..............played a ton there...................check

central ohio........thoroughly played a huge swath.................check!!

NE Ohio......I've played a ton up there...................................check

Eastern/Central Ohio.......been there done that.....................check

Southern Ohio... down 23 down to and along the river.........check

Dayton...NEVER!   LOL...the one Ohio area I have yet to play!!

Dayton has some pretty nice courses and some goat tracks of course, but mostly decent munis and private clubs. NCR CC is really nice and hosted the Senior US Open in 2005 and CC of the North is too. It used to host an LPGA event that was lost to Toledo I think. The (then) Nationwide tour had a stop here at Yankee Trace (public) back in the 90s. We have a great selection of private clubs and Gem City/Greene CC was listed at #5 by the Dayton Business Journal. Give me a shout if you're ever in the area.

I've never been a member at a golf club but I know that if I paid for a membership which entitled me to play golf for a year then I would expect my money back and if I paid shares then I would want those back as well. Its not the players fault that the current owner or potentially the new owner didn't like the amount of members that signed up or lack there of. Was a refund given?

The law suits are definitely lining up. The guy who screwed everyone will have to spend a fortune defending his actions.

- Shane

14-over for an 86 (44/42). Putting wasn't terrible like it has been lately. I did have trouble getting on in regulation, though.

-Rich

Good luck getting your money back.  You can't get money from a rock.

It is a shame.  The course across from my work closed and it is shocking how fast it becomes overgrown.

It will probably become "Semi Private", I have seen the one here.  It is like almost a virgin ;)

Good luck getting your money back.  You can't get money from a rock. It is a shame.  The course across from my work closed and it is shocking how fast it becomes overgrown. It will probably become "Semi Private", I have seen the one here.  It is like almost a virgin ;)

I've chalked my money off, but if others start winning lawsuits, I might jump in the fray. He owns other businesses in town, so he isn't really a rock. Apparently he ran the club into deep debt, so it sounds like he was spending their money instead of his. Not sure how that works. I hoping the new owners reach out to previous members and offer them a deal to come back. If not, they'll be fighting an uphill battle.

- Shane

14-over for an 86 (44/42). Putting wasn't terrible like it has been lately. I did have trouble getting on in regulation, though.

Why do I keep posting shit in the wrong threads, Christ

• Upvote 1

-Rich

Here in Miami, if a course closes it's due to the real estate being too valuable - developers make them an offer they can't refuse. Over the years we've lost a bunch of good courses that way. We really are under-represented now; if you look at Miami-Dade County, there's only a handful of public courses...and then you go to the likes of Doral or Turnberry.

Why do I keep posting shit in the wrong threads, Christ

I was going to ask, but didn't know if there's a connection or not. ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

That guy, if I'm not mistaken, could still offer you a membership at the glorious Rollandia Golf Center with all the range balls you care to hit. I guess that really wouldn't be the same though.

That guy, if I'm not mistaken, could still offer you a membership at the glorious Rollandia Golf Center with all the range balls you care to hit. I guess that really wouldn't be the same though.

Yeah. My kids are too old for the magic castle. ;-)

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!