IGNORED

Evolution of Personal Game

Note: This thread is 3542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All,

I played golf when I was a kid 12-16 or so and then didn't play for about 19 years until last August I started playing again and went right to a Pro. Ive been at it now for about 10.5 months. My score has gone from averaging about 122 to now its about 104. For the most part I hit my driver pretty consistently. Some have some late slicing action at the end but on a normal round, Ill hit about 90% of my drives sold with 1 flub mixed in. My iron play is inconsistent and Im working really hard on it. For a long time I had bad posture which I fixed but of course it is makes your swing feel weird when you change something in your stance. So now even though I have good posture, Im still getting used to my swing. I flub about 3-6 iron shots per round. I attribute my "flubs" to head movement.  The other odd thing about my progression is I strike the ball pretty solid on the course. I go to the range to try to practice and Im a mess. IT seems like it does more harm then good. Any tips on the range?

My main question is regarding all of your own personal progression. Does mine seem slow or about right?

Thanks,

Hags(35)

Driver: Nike Covert

3W & 5W: Cobra Baffler

3 Hybrid: Ping G25

4 Hybrid: Ping G25

5 Iron - Gap Wedge: Ping G25

SW: Ping Tour Series

Putter: Ping My Day(Old School)

Welcome to the site! It seems like you need to be more organized with your practice, take a look at this thread.

What should you prioritize? I would recommend posting some swings in the Member Swings forum and checking out this thread

Introduction to the PureStrike/5 Simple Keys® (5SK) Learning System

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the site ... You can't go wrong listening to these guys ... The above post is really good advice ... Believe me on that one!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!