• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Evolution of Personal Game

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I played golf when I was a kid 12-16 or so and then didn't play for about 19 years until last August I started playing again and went right to a Pro. Ive been at it now for about 10.5 months. My score has gone from averaging about 122 to now its about 104. For the most part I hit my driver pretty consistently. Some have some late slicing action at the end but on a normal round, Ill hit about 90% of my drives sold with 1 flub mixed in. My iron play is inconsistent and Im working really hard on it. For a long time I had bad posture which I fixed but of course it is makes your swing feel weird when you change something in your stance. So now even though I have good posture, Im still getting used to my swing. I flub about 3-6 iron shots per round. I attribute my "flubs" to head movement.  The other odd thing about my progression is I strike the ball pretty solid on the course. I go to the range to try to practice and Im a mess. IT seems like it does more harm then good. Any tips on the range?

My main question is regarding all of your own personal progression. Does mine seem slow or about right?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Welcome to the site ... You can't go wrong listening to these guys ... The above post is really good advice ... Believe me on that one!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0