IGNORED

Scotty Cameron... Should I?

Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I certainly wasn't talking about buying anything off a rack. My statement was, you use a putter more than any other club so make a quality investment. Of course..if you choose to buy any quality club, you should be properly fitted and assumed that was a given... especially with the price of a Scotty Cameron. Titleist has SC fittings just like their Irons, Drivers etc...

SC putter fittings take place at Scotty Cameron's only recently opened studio. They're $350 just for the fitting.

It's like Pepsi, they should change their slogan to: Is Pepsi okay? Prov1, Scotty Cameron.. They are the benchmarks... rants like yours are typical. It's okay, and funny.

Pepsi is not the benchmark. They're second (by a fairly wide margin) to… Coca Cola.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You might like a Ping Anser if it was a Scotty Anser you tried, and buy a less expensive Ping for now.

That's what I currently have now, a Ping iN Anser V2 Putter. Like I stated, nothing wrong with that putter at all, I actually play pretty well with it, except for last night, but again it wasn't the putter more the puttie!

Quote:
SC putter fittings take place at Scotty Cameron's only recently opened studio. They're $350 just for the fitting.

Of course you could go that route, but its not necessary as I said. Titleist has fittings at demo day events....

We (Titleist Tech Rep) are hosting Scotty Cameron Putter Fitting Days. The best thing to do is check the Titleist web site for an event in your area...  and ensure they bring the putting line to your specific event as well.. but flying out to get a personal fitting is not the only way...the events are limited of course but they exist...c'mon man.

Quote:

Due to all the requests for Scotty Cameron putter demos, this summer we will be having limited putter events throughout the country.  The rep will bring all the Cameron putters, talk about toe flow, styles of putting and help each individual player select the putters that fit their style.  It will be limited to about 20 players so that everyone can get individual attention.

Cathi @TeamTitleist
1-888-TITLEIST

EXAMPLE:

http://www.blackhawkcc.org/club/scripts/calendar/view_club_calendaritem.asp?CID=1621966&GRP;=gluizkzoa&NS;=PUBLIC&src;=w

I see you didnt get the Pepsi joke.  That was my point...

In restaurants everyone asks for Coca-Cola, and the waiters have to frequently say: "Is Pepsi Okay?"

So Pepsi should change their slogan.... the benchmark is Coca-Cola... whether lots of people love Pepsi or not... it is what it is...Lol

Lastly...

This was my point..

1-You use the putter more than any other club

2-So make a quality investment

3-Let feel and performance rule, not necessarily cost etc..

4-You cannot go wrong with a SC, they are top quality benchmark, proven and made the in USA

5-Get fitted for any club you buy in today's world...

that's all.  Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Of course you could go that route, but its not necessary as I said.  Titleist has fittings at demo day events....

We (Titleist Tech Rep) are hosting Scotty Cameron Putter Fitting Days. The best thing to do is check the Titleist web site for an event in your area...  and ensure they bring the putting line to your specific event as well.. but flying out to get a personal fitting is not the only way...the events are limited of course but they exist...c'mon man.

EXAMPLE:

http://www.blackhawkcc.org/club/scripts/calendar/view_club_calendaritem.asp?CID=1621966&GRP;=gluizkzoa&NS;=PUBLIC&src;=w

In restaurants everyone asks for Coca-Cola, and the waiters have to frequently say: "Is Pepsi Okay?"

So Pepsi should change their slogan.... the benchmark is Coca-Cola... whether lots of people love Pepsi or not... it is what it is...Lol

Lastly...

This was my point..

4-You cannot go wrong with a SC, they are top quality benchmark, proven and made the in USA

that's all.  Hope this helps. Enjoy!

I have been ready this from the start LOL, I do have a question golfbarefoot I see you re a (Titleist Tech Rep) is that correct?

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

It all makes sense now.

But I don't think that's him.

He's just quoting their advertising PR junk.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
Of course you could go that route, but its not necessary as I said.  Titleist has fittings at demo day events....

Those are almost pointless. You get fit for length, basically, no? Using off-the-rack putters that are already built. Maybe they can bend the lie angle and change the loft a little, but… meh.

Better than nothing, but not by much IMO.

FWIW, Pepsi commonly refers to Coke in their ads, etc. Coke doesn't refer to Pepsi.

This was my point..

People disagree with you on #4. You can go wrong. You can easily get a putter that's not very well fitted to you. And unlike a $99 putter, you've probably spent $300 to make that mistake.

I'm not bashing Titleist or Scotty Cameron. I'm saying that the odds of almost randomly being fit perfectly for a SC putter are almost nil. That's all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Naw I can clearly see you're no basher. No worries man.

Here are my two flat sticks I use and rotate throughout the season, based on which is hot. Been using these for over 12 years..

That bottom one is identical to my putter.

Nice. Do you take the putter head slightly inside on the takeaway, then square, then slightly inside on the follow through? I'm curious.

Yes, that is similar to how I putt. I've tried putting with a straight path but I always pulled all my putts that way.

I really like my $80 Cleveland Classic putter. If I have $300 to spend on golf equipment, it probably won't be on a putter (not all or even most of it, anyway).

-Rich

I like Cleveland golf clubs too. Cleveland was the only wedge I played for a very long time. Most perimeter weighted putters are similar to the original PING design. i.e. SC Newport, Never Comp, your Cleveland Classic. I agree, classic design and personal preference.

Yes, that is similar to how I putt. I've tried putting with a straight path but I always pulled all my putts that way.

Nice. I ask because that's my stroke too and it works best with the Pro Platinum like yours.

Nice. Do you take the putter head slightly inside on the takeaway, then square, then slightly inside on the follow through? I'm curious.

Hi, just wondering what is the general rule for offset v's no offset on putters, is it just personal preference to the eye, or is it meant to be designed for a particular kind of stroke? I have the Newport 2.6, straight centre shafted, no offset at all and I really like it compRed to my previous offset putter!

Gaz Lee

Hi, just wondering what is the general rule for offset v's no offset on putters, is it just personal preference to the eye, or is it meant to be designed for a particular kind of stroke?

I have the Newport 2.6, straight centre shafted, no offset at all and I really like it compRed to my previous offset putter!

I could be wrong, but I thought offset was more of a personal preference. I know that a center balanced vs toe hang putter will tend to lend themselves to different strokes (center balanced is better for straight back and through, toe hang usually is used if your putting stroke has an arc) but I think the offset is a visual deal to help you square the face. At least that's what the offset on an iron is for: to help you square the face because it visually looks different.

There are so many putter styles - I swear I have one in practically EVERY style made.     I change them from time to time depending on what is working (or more importantly NOT working) at the time.     I have no distinct preference, so I would never spend the $$ on a Scotty until I really dial in on what putter style I prefer... OP really needs to know what style he likes, and if there's no doubt, then pony up.    just my $.02

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!