IGNORED

Urinal Bathroom Etiquette

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It is not that hard-When you enter, you take the farthest one to one side or the other. Any subsequent entries should slot in every other spot. Exceptions can be made if you know each other already or every other stall has the stupid one that is only a foot off the ground for kids. If every other stall is full pick the one where people seem most likely to be finished beside you. - NO looking to the side. Eyes straight ahead at all times. Its good when they put something there for you to read. - NO shaking it more than a few times-Ohteriwse youre just playing with yourself. -NO leaning your arms or hands against the wall or stall side blinders/privacy dividers. Stand there and use at least oen hand to hold your junk. -NO making relieved noises regardless of how relieved you are. -PUT your junk away and start to zip up before turning to face new visitors to the restroom. WHat am I missing?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Before filling in directly next to an occupied urinal, opt for an empty stall. Do NOT pee all over the seat however, it's the MEN'S room. It's perfectly acceptable to leave the seat up!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
Before filling in directly next to an occupied urinal, opt for an empty stall. Do NOT pee all over the seat however, it's the MEN'S room. It's perfectly acceptable to leave the seat up!

I dunno about that one. People are more likely to NEED (and I mean really NEED!) a full stall than a urinal, if you know what I mean…

If there are a few open stalls, then yes, but they're often limited. Plus, you have to lift the seat many times, which involves touching that surface.

BTW, I prefer restrooms that have the "maze" doors, not actual doors that require opening. No touching a surface unwashed hands have touched a thousand times that day with the "maze" style.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Place your junk over the urinal to urinate. No peeing on the floor. No one like pee all over the soles of their shoes.

Flush (if not automatic)

Get/Carry a kleenex if you don't like touching the handle. I keep Kleenex packets in the car as well as anti-bacterial liquid

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm frequently surprised by the number of guys who are unfamiliar with the International Choice of Urinal Protocol.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Place your junk over the urinal to urinate. No peeing on the floor. No one like pee all over the soles of their shoes. Flush (if not automatic) Get/Carry a kleenex if you don't like touching the handle. I keep Kleenex packets in the car as well as anti-bacterial liquid

Carrying your own Kleenex could cost you your man card. Grab a paper towel or some TP on the way in.... ;-)

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Carrying your own Kleenex could cost you your man card. Grab a paper towel or some TP on the way in....

A real man would grab the guys hand next to him and force him to flush!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Carrying your own Kleenex could cost you your man card. Grab a paper towel or some TP on the way in....

Agreed, and that's what I do. The Kleenex and antibacterial remain in the car ... unless I'm on a date. Then I may ask the woman if she needs a tissue as in "Need anything before we go in? Tissue, antibacterial liquid, condoms, gum, concealed weapon?"

:-D

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Please do not ask "what is up" to the guy next to you ...

Carry your phone conversation out side the rest room, if you must carry on a loud phone conversation, try using the country's language of which you are currently taking a whiz in

I am not 100% sure why some feel it manditoty to spit prior to using the urinal ...

Please for the love of god, if you must preform nose maintaince, please do so in the stall and do leave residue on the wall top of the urnial ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Public service announcement from the plumber: The low urinals are not for kids (although they do work well for them) , they are actually ADA.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Public service announcement from the plumber:

The low urinals are not for kids (although they do work well for them) , they are actually ADA.

Hmmm. And I always thought the low ones were for people that are long. ;-)

[QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/75910/urinal-bathroom-etiquette#post_1023140"] Public service announcement from the plumber: The low urinals are not for kids (although they do work well for them) , they are actually ADA.[/QUOTE] Hmmm. And I always thought the low ones were for people that are long. ;-)

Can't say nobody's asked me that one before.... :)

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Public service announcement from the plumber:

The low urinals are not for kids (although they do work well for them) , they are actually ADA.

Are they?  In our labs in Boston, there was this one manager I will call, "Little Napoleon".  He was a tyrant.  The only bathroom on that floor, the 3rd floor in a chemical research lab, had a low urinal.  Obviously no children work in a research lab.  Ipso facto: the low urinal was for him! :-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

[QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/75910/urinal-bathroom-etiquette#post_1023140"] Public service announcement from the plumber: The low urinals are not for kids (although they do work well for them) , they are actually ADA.[/QUOTE] Are they?  In our labs in Boston, there was this one manager I will call, "Little Napoleon".  He was a tyrant.  The only bathroom on that floor, the 3rd floor in a chemical research lab, had a low urinal.  Obviously no children work in a research lab.  Ipso facto: the low urinal was for him! :-D

I didn't say anything about who actually uses them, and what they work well for... :)

-Matt-

Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!