IGNORED

Does a slower transition mean a slower swing speed

Note: This thread is 3539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe this is obvious but I wanted to ask anyway. I have a pretty violent transition and still the highest I have ever seen my swing speed is 101 mph. After a dismal round yesterday (85) I worked at the range and decided to slow down my transition. It almost feels like I am exerting zero effort into the downswing. Just shift, turn and let the arms and club come. I had a much better round today (76) and my distance seemed about the same although I did lose some on my drives. I am guessing that's from being in better positions with lower SS but not sure. I guess my question is basically does swing speed correlate with transition speed or can you have a slow transition but still get faster swing speed?

James

I am guessing that's from being in better positions with lower SS but not sure. I guess my question is basically does swing speed correlate with transition speed or can you have a slow transition but still get faster swing speed?

Better sequencing can lead to more speed. It may feel slow but if you're efficient with your sequencing and transfer you have the potential to move the club faster. Even if you are swinging slightly slower, if it results in hitting it solid and in the center of the face, good chance the ball will go farther.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!