IGNORED

My Swing (Slowcelica)

Slowcelica

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 yrs My average score is: 95 My typical ball flight is: straight slice or push slice The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: The slice, I'd like to either draw the ball or turn the slice into a manageable fade Videos: http://youtu.be/feaEVYl7O40 [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/feaEVYl7O40[/VIDEO] http://youtu.be/n6W9SSMs_z0 [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/n6W9SSMs_z0[/VIDEO] http://youtu.be/1thiQs1R01c [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/1thiQs1R01c[/VIDEO]

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Few set up things,

(check this thread out)

1) Get your head looking down more. Chin closer to your chest. You look down the bridge of your nose too much. Makes it hard to find the ball when you swing.

2) Flare your feet a bit (about 20-30 degrees toes out), helps with the rotation in the swing

For your swing, you need to loose the flex in the back knee more in the backswing. You keep it too flexed and then compensate by letting your arms break down.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just my opinion but it looks like as soon as you move your shoulder you drop your head. Not good for the swing. Maybe what saevel said is why and it's just a set up thing. You can check out key 1 on the 5 keys here for that and some pointers/drills I think. Also if you are consciously kicking your left knee out then try to stop that and just let it happen. It looks pretty far out to me but maybe just the angle? Also if you are starting the downswing with the left shoulder It might help you to feel like you rotate the right shoulder back instead. Just a couple ideas from a hacker. To get rid of the slice hit the inside of the ball aka swing to right field. Put a tee in front right of the ball position and try to swing at it.

James

Thanks for the replies guys, I should add lately I have been hitting behind the ball about 4", so for now iacus has me working on key #2, once I get that sorted out ill post up some more vids. Also since I took this video I have changed my grip a little putting the club more into my fingers in he left hand, and changed my setup to be more of the reverse k.

Just my opinion here, but it looks like key #1 should be looked at.  In your front view, put your mouse pointer between your eyes and watch.  You have some lateral and up and down movement

Someone with some more experience may chime in here but I think key 2 will also help with that particular issue.  For me, if I concentrate on weight forward, my head didn't move side to side

Thanks for the replies guys, I should add lately I have been hitting behind the ball about 4", so for now iacus has me working on key #2, once I get that sorted out ill post up some more vids.

Also since I took this video I have changed my grip a little putting the club more into my fingers in he left hand, and changed my setup to be more of the reverse k.

Stick with this. @iacas is an excellent instructor.  Weight forward is a key for me that I constantly work on, even when I am working a different priority piece.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
Stick with this.  @iacas is an excellent instructor.  Weight forward is a key for me that I constantly work on, even when I am working a different priority piece.

To be fair, that was based on nothing more than text descriptions in a PM thread, so… The video could potentially change things.

What @saevel25 said has some weight too: posture can be improved. I'd like to see that worked on as well as Key #2 stuff for now. I think the posture can affect the head and pivot more right now without directly working on Key #1 only.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

To be fair, that was based on nothing more than text descriptions in a PM thread, so… The video could potentially change things.

What @saevel25 said has some weight too: posture can be improved. I'd like to see that worked on as well as Key #2 stuff for now. I think the posture can affect the head and pivot more right now without directly working on Key #1 only.

Should I start with step #1 or #2, I'm ok with either. I should probably take a more recent video and post that up, I'll see if I can do that tonight. These videos were taken about a month ago, and I have worked on my setup since, and I think I have less head movement now.

• Administrator

Should I start with step #1 or #2, I'm ok with either. I should probably take a more recent video and post that up, I'll see if I can do that tonight. These videos were taken about a month ago, and I have worked on my setup since, and I think I have less head movement now.

Work on your setup. Then work on Key #2 drills.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Few set up things,

(check this thread out)

1) Get your head looking down more. Chin closer to your chest. You look down the bridge of your nose too much. Makes it hard to find the ball when you swing.

2) Flare your feet a bit (about 20-30 degrees toes out), helps with the rotation in the swing

For your swing, you need to loose the flex in the back knee more in the backswing. You keep it too flexed and then compensate by letting your arms break down.

LOL thanks for the tips on the right knee, funny thing is probably two weeks before taking this video someone told me i was moving my head because i was letting my right knee bend, and to keep it from bending, so I worked on keeping it bent not allowing it to straighten. I'll stop doing that and adjusting my chin position shouldn't be to bad, question on that though, won't my shoulder hit it in the back swing causing my head to move more? My left foot is flared about 25 degrees, you probably just can't see it because of the angle, I flare my right foot maybe 10 degrees, so you are saying that they should be equally angled? I know I saw a thread around here on this, do you have the link?

This is a big reason I think why people have problems improving, because you can to go one instructor and they tell you one thing, and go to another and its the opposite.

LOL thanks for the tips on the right knee, funny thing is probably two weeks before taking this video someone told me i was moving my head because i was letting my right knee bend, and to keep it from bending, so I worked on keeping it bent not allowing it to straighten. I'll stop doing that and adjusting my chin position shouldn't be to bad, question on that though, won't my shoulder hit it in the back swing causing my head to move more? My left foot is flared about 25 degrees, you probably just can't see it because of the angle, I flare my right foot maybe 10 degrees, so you are saying that they should be equally angled? I know I saw a thread around here on this, do you have the link?

This is a big reason I think why people have problems improving, because you can to go one instructor and they tell you one thing, and go to another and its the opposite.

Check out what @Brian W tered turn, and how that left shoulder moves down and around. You might find you need to get a slightly steeper shoulder turn as well. Getting your head in a better position at address will help this. Looking down the bridge of your nose can promote a too shallow shoulder turn.

What keeping flex in the right knee does is allows for movement to happen laterally to the right in the backswing. If you let it straighten you are more likely to have a more centered turn because your hip will go back and up behind you. When your right hip does this, it doesn't move laterally to the right.

What your instructor might have been saying is you could have been adding flex (bending more), and tried to make you stop bending it. I want you to loose flex in that right knee.

As long as they are flared. I usually flair mine a minimal amount, but both are close to equally flared. I wouldn't say they have to be equally flared. If you find one way comfortable, then go for it. Flaring the feet just helps with a proper turn, not really required. Its just an adjustment that gives you stuff for free in the golf swing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Check out what @Brian W posted on a centered turn, and how that left shoulder moves down and around. You might find you need to get a slightly steeper shoulder turn as well. Getting your head in a better position at address will help this. Looking down the bridge of your nose can promote a too shallow shoulder turn.

What keeping flex in the right knee does is allows for movement to happen laterally to the right in the backswing. If you let it straighten you are more likely to have a more centered turn because your hip will go back and up behind you. When your right hip does this, it doesn't move laterally to the right.

What your instructor might have been saying is you could have been adding flex (bending more), and tried to make you stop bending it. I want you to loose flex in that right knee.

As long as they are flared. I usually flair mine a minimal amount, but both are close to equally flared. I wouldn't say they have to be equally flared. If you find one way comfortable, then go for it. Flaring the feet just helps with a proper turn, not really required. Its just an adjustment that gives you stuff for free in the golf swing.

No he was definitely saying I should not straighten my right leg at all in the back swing.

Alright I finally got out to get some new swing videos, I have been working on weight forward, changed my stance a little bit. Here are the vids, all the shots were slight draws or went pretty straight. I played 9 yesterday and sliced a few but nothing like before. Most of my drives either went straight or were to the left, I even hooked one into the other fairway something I've never fine before. [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/jPf8F3iYAig[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/YMHduUxDQZE[/VIDEO]

More. [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/t8jM1dzK6P8[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/3p8F8UFHlNo[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/goGZMg6IA7A[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/FLXwUxMOhFw[/VIDEO]

@Slowcelica ,

You can imbed the videos.  Just click the button in the toolbar that looks like film, fifth from right on top.  Then copy the youtube address into the box.  I did the first two below.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Question when trying to work on key #1, I can keep a steady head just fine without a club, but I find it hard to do with a club in my hand, any tips? I've been practicing this at night in front of a mirror, I put a piece of tape on the mirror and turn using the tape on the mirror to check my head movement.

Question when trying to work on key #1, I can keep a steady head just fine without a club, but I find it hard to do with a club in my hand, any tips? I've been practicing this at night in front of a mirror, I put a piece of tape on the mirror and turn using the tape on the mirror to check my head movement.

For me, I practiced the feeling of my right side stretching fully during the backswing. Trying to get my right shoulder high and make a full shoulder turn.  This kept my head from dipping as I approached the top of the backswing.  Practice this with a club in front of a mirror if you can.  You don't need to hit balls, so you can do this at home.

Scott

My Swing Thread