• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loud7273

Get me off my back foot!!

10 posts in this topic

Every year I start out with a nice controlled swing weight on the front foot at impact. And then, mid season I go back to my reverse pivot weight on the back foot at impact swing. I know what I'm doing but can't seem to stop it. I watched some videos that gave me some good drills but it still happens. How do I get rid of this shot killer for good?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Every year I start out with a nice controlled swing weight on the front foot at impact. And then, mid season I go back to my reverse pivot weight on the back foot at impact swing. I know what I'm doing but can't seem to stop it. I watched some videos that gave me some good drills but it still happens. How do I get rid of this shot killer for good?

Check out the weight forward drill, Key #2.

Awards and Achievements

I have battled poor weight transfer.  My weight transfer swing thought is to roll to the ball of my back foot starting on the downswing.

For me, if I do that it causes the hips to begin to open and the weight to shift.

If I do that it works out well for me and the bottom of my swing moves forward.

Awards and Achievements

I feel like I have to squat in order for me to smash my lead foot into the ground. If I don't squat then I feel like I get stuck and my weight stays over my trail leg. Kind of an odd feel but that is the best way for me to transfer my weight/pressure into my lead foot.

Awards and Achievements

@Loud7273

This is by far my favourite weight shift drill:

Awards and Achievements

@Loud7273

This is by far my favourite weight shift drill:

Yep

Awards and Achievements

Thanks Ernest, I do have the 5SK DVDs but I like that drill.

Sorry to revive this old thread but I wanted to update that to get off my back foot it took working with a Pro once a week this spring. He figured out that if I over swung I would get on my back foot. Tempo was everything for me. He watched my swing and with his comments I could finally get the feel of a correct swing tempo. I still over swing now and then, but overall my swing and knee are much better. For those looking to correct a swing, I recommend working with a pro. Getting feedback from someone trained to know a correct swing is priceless.

I like the video and see the front quad shift and fantastic load nicely. Beauty. Books on way for review, and my personal experience with helping me maintain constant weight shift is "petal to the metal" thought/ feeling with front foot I try to remember. Can't counciously or successfully be on my front foot ball and rear heal leaning back simultaneously with my legs.

Awards and Achievements