IGNORED

Callaway 3 Deep...., Is it just me?

Rewster66
Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Hitting the Callaway 3 Deep from the deck is ____________.

• Impossible!
    • Nearly impossible.
    • I can nail this club from anywhere.

Is it just me or does anyone else find the Callaway  3 Deep "nearly impossible" to hit from the turf? I love the club for tight fairways off the tee, but for the life of me I cannot hit it from the fairway. :loco:

Is it just me or does anyone else find the Callaway  3 Deep "nearly impossible" to hit from the turf? I love the club for tight fairways off the tee, but for the life of me I cannot hit it from the fairway.

I'm very interested to hear what people have to say to this question. I've been exploring this, the 2 Deep, and Taylormade's Mini Driver lately. I would like to ideally get it in lieu of a driver altogether because right now I tee off with a Nike Covert Tour 3-wood set to 13°, and get that to about 240 for the most part. I haven't had any trouble hitting it off of mats at the range so far, but I haven't had a chance (or need, really) to hit it off of the ground on the course yet. I might go in to try them at Golfsmith or something, but I always feel weird because I know I won't be buying it that day. I love the idea of these clubs, though.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm very interested to hear what people have to say to this question. I've been exploring this, the 2 Deep, and Taylormade's Mini Driver lately. I would like to ideally get it in lieu of a driver altogether because right now I tee off with a Nike Covert Tour 3-wood set to 13°, and get that to about 240 for the most part. I haven't had any trouble hitting it off of mats at the range so far, but I haven't had a chance (or need, really) to hit it off of the ground on the course yet. I might go in to try them at Golfsmith or something, but I always feel weird because I know I won't be buying it that day. I love the idea of these clubs, though.

Why not explore a 44 inch 460cc driver with a heavier shaft to balance out the shorter length, or better, get someone to build it with a little hot melt to mute sound, add a little weight to the head, etc.

Forgiveness with Accuracy, yet still getting more distance. It seems like the sensible alternative.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

My understanding is that the 3Deep was designed primarily as a tee shot (driving) club. The design is aimed at longer hitters who rarely, if ever, need a three wood on their second shot. I believe they have another model for shorter hitters that is optimized for hitting off the deck.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I would love to hear what folks have to say about this to

Why not explore a 44 inch 460cc driver with a heavier shaft to balance out the shorter length, or better, get someone to build it with a little hot melt to mute sound, add a little weight to the head, etc.

Forgiveness with Accuracy, yet still getting more distance. It seems like the sensible alternative.

That's not a bad idea, though I've never considered that level of customization considering I'm very budget oriented at this point. I'm sort of making mental notes of these products now for when they're cheaper to buy online next year. Kind of why I feel bad going in to the stores to try them out. Thanks for the idea, though, it sounds interesting!

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I too was using a Covert Tour 3-wood but when I hit my buddies 3 Deep and hit it a lot better and considerably farther than the Covert, I knew then I wanted one. The next time we played together he was upset that he kept "chunking" it out of the fairway and I made him an offer of $50 bucks for it and he took it, and made me very happy. I know carry a Nickent 5&3 wood for hitting out of the fairway.

I know it will never replace my Ping i20 for the majority of my driving but it is good to have in the bag for those "tight" fairways or must hit the fairway situations.

God Bless!!! Ray

Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!