IGNORED

What is happening here? Looks like a big draw?

Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hips are closed but upper body is rotated. It hurts looking at this.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's what we call a Stork Drill. You basically set up with most of your weight on the lead leg, rear foot is back a few inches, the only part of your right foot that is in contact with the ground is the inside part of your right right toe. This is not a drill you do with slow swings, you load the arms up the chest and then fire them down.

This tends to be a drill for better players that

- Get a little "spinny" from A4-5,

- Need to release their 4th accumulator (lead arm) down faster (they already do Key #2 well)

- Have their head transfer too far forward on the downswing.

Even though it can be a tough drill I should probably film it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Ah, thanks @mvmac , I see, get the hands going without the torso following kind of thing. Great name.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It's what we call a Stork Drill. You basically set up with most of your weight on the lead leg, rear foot is back a few inches, the only part of your right foot that is in contact with the ground is the inside part of your right right toe. This is not a drill you do with slow swings, you load the arms up the chest and then fire them down.

Good for players that

- Get a little "spinny" from A4-5,

- Need to release their 4th accumulator (lead arm) down faster

- Have their head transfer too far forward on the downswing.

Even though it can be a tough drill I should probably film it.

So this is a good drill for me because Erik said I needed to get my arms down quicker in my downswing?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

So this is a good drill for me because Erik said I needed to get my arms down quicker in my downswing?

No... You are on evolvr now!!!!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

No... You are on evolvr now!!!!

Ah, but my evolvr work is to keep my hips in place on my swing and this wouldn't let me slide my hips either :-)

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Ah, but my evolvr work is to keep my hips in place on my swing and this wouldn't let me slide my hips either :-)

Fair enough.. I was just saying that is all.. I just wouldn't want you to rush things.. Why worry about a drill for arms coming down faster if you are working on Key#1 specifically the pivot in the backswing? Maybe @mvmac can chime in?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

You could certainly fool around with it, for you I wouldn't hit balls with it just yet. It's not really a pivot drill but if you slide the hips back with this drill you won't be able to stay balanced. I added a clarification to my earlier post, this tends to be more of a "better player" drill. If you don't have a good handle on Key #2, this drill won't really be that beneficial for the "arms down" piece.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!