IGNORED

2014 Golf Ball Winners

Note: This thread is 3547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We are more than halfway through the 2014 season, and I suspect that many of us have compared some of the new 2014 golf ball offerings.  My winner is the Maxfli U/3 which for me is incredibly long, durable, and can still hold the green.  Honorable Mention goes to the TM Project (a) for its good distance and exceptional handling around the green, and the Gamer Soft for great distance and reasonable green performance for a surlyn covered ball (I have not played it but the Supersoft probably fits this category also).

Any new favorites from the 2014 line up?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure they are new for 2014 ... but Super Soft is leading down the home stretch by a nose ... I like the softer golf balls ... since I count on a bit of roll on the green, I plan for it when selecting my clubs etc ... as an "older" bogey golfer Super Soft is good for me ... but still open minded and will be interested in what other have to say on this topic

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I have a set of the supersoft sitting in my basement I haven't gotten to yet but I am excited to try them this weekend.

I still think the Q star is my favorite this year.  I also enjoy the gamer v2 and the bridgestone e5.  I have a box of u/4 but I only have hit a sleeve of them but I think they are not too far behind.

I am too poor/cheap to play any tour balls so I have to find a ball that works in my budget.  Also, I am just now getting to the point where I can put 2 sleeves in my bag and not worry I am going to run out of balls haha

I would say the titleist NXT Tour. I like the feel of this ball of the putter and around the green. It is also straight off the Tee.

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

I saw Dick's had some Maxfli U/6 for $35 a dozen on sale. Those would probably be the ones I would try first. I remember way back when the Maxfli Blue Dot was my favorite ball. That was 35-40 years ago.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I found and played one of the new Taylormade balls (Tour Preferred I think was the name). It was a solid ball. However, with the Callaway HEX Black Tour going for $25 a dozen at Costco... I don't plan on switching balls until they're sold out

I would say the titleist NXT Tour. I like the feel of this ball of the putter and around the green. It is also straight off the Tee.

This (and NXT Tour S) were the best ball for me.  It is long for my swing speed (95 mph), and club (regular shaft).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!