IGNORED

Close the club head

Note: This thread is 3562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been working on keeping my driving ball straight (as we all are) :-)  One of the golf books I am reading discusses "closing the club face"  It gives the illustration of a person addressing the ball with a driver.  The club head is as parallel as it can get for a good hit.  When it is just sitting there, the club face almost looks like it is facing up and out towards the green.  The book instructs to rotate the club shaft slightly counter clockwise until you cannot see the silver part of the club face; you just see the top.  This is referred to as closing the face.  It actually helped me correct the ever popular slice.  Is this correct use of the driver at address?  Or am I just getting lucky doing it this way?  Thanks!

- Joe

I always apply a slightly stronger grip to the driver, this helps me to get the face closed/square at impact, and does tend to close the face slightly at address! I'd say Whatever works good and feels good is good, Regardless of what's right or wrong!

Gaz Lee

I always apply a slightly stronger grip to the driver, this helps me to get the face closed/square at impact, and does tend to close the face slightly at address! I'd say Whatever works good and feels good is good, Regardless of what's right or wrong!

Makes sense when you say square. That makes the illustration better in my minds. It seems like the driver falls to the right when it is just laying there at address. When I square it to the ball it looks face to face with the ball.

Note: This thread is 3562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!