Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
E.Hall

Finally shot even par!

12 posts in this topic

I've played golf for about 20 yrs (I'm 36) and finally shot even par for the first time ever today. 4 birdies, 4 bogeys. You may "putt for dough", but my driver set me up for success today. This is something I've worked towards for a long time and I've often wondered if I'd ever get there. Feels awesome! :-D

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Congrats man, I remember that feeling well!  4 birdies is salty!

congrats excellent achievement

Great job! Shooting par is one of the big milestones out there.

May there be many more in the future.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice! What's your next goal? The driver is important. Sets up success or failure for the hole most of the time.

Nice! What's your next goal?

So funny this was the last post because I was gonna say to not make any further immediate goals and to keep this one til u do it 5 times. A lot of people reach a goal and immediately try to make another one and while it can be beneficial it can also be detrimental If they cannot be attained. I broke par and my immediate though process was to break 70 which took me forever and I was so frustrated for sooooo long. I thought how hard can it be to shoot 3 shots better. Just enjoy urself for now and try to hit quality shots, it's working for me ATM

Thanks for the comments! As for goals... I don't have any new goals for right now. I'm gonna try to do it again, but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. This was actually something I've been working towards for the past two to three years. Not easy for me at all. Had to sink a breaking six footer for par on the 18th to make it happen. I've never looked at a putt from that many angles...

really sweet.  savor the flavor.  new goals can come later.  Congrats!