• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
windlaker

Cleaning up a used 3 Wood

7 posts in this topic

I just picked up a used RBZ 3 Wood for a great price. It has some red marks on the top of the head from range balls, on the white paint. Any ideas how to clean them off?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Try some damp baking soda. It's a very fine-grained abrasive, that should take off the scuff marks without harming the clubhead finish.

For darker marks or nicks: A TM rep told me to use white liquid paper and paint over the marks.

To remove light rust from gun barrels, it is usually recommended to use fine steel wool and oil. The oil protects the bluing on the barrel as the steel wool removes the rust. It really works. Perhaps it could work on the club head too to remove the ball marks and not damage the paint.

Try some Acetone(nail polish remover) if that does not work I would try some car polish if the car polish works clean the rest of the club with it will bring it up like new:-D

Did the baking soda trick.  Took about 97% of the marks off.  I can see them only because I know where they were.

Thanks for the help.

WindLaker

I just picked up a used RBZ 3 Wood for a great price.

It has some red marks on the top of the head from range balls, on the white paint.

Any ideas how to clean them off?

Dish soap and the rough side of a dish sponge gets those paint marks off of all of my clubs.

Awards and Achievements

Mr. Clean magic eraser. Works wonders and doesn't scuff the finish. Also works great for cleaning the face of clubs.