IGNORED

My Driver started Whistling?

Note: This thread is 3554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I play with (or did rather) a Titleist 910 D2 Driver.  I absolutely Loved this club, I seemed to have better control with this driver than any other that I have ever hit.  All of that aside, while playing a round one day on the 10th Tee after my drive, I could hear a high pitch whistling type of noise coming from my driver.  I could not figure out if it was coming from the head of the club or the shaft.  After a minute or so of my buddy and me with our ear to the head of this club it stopped.  I was a little concerned but didn't bag it, because what could I do at this point anyway?  So I get home and spray it with soapy water to look for any cracks in the head, and found nothing, so I submerged it, no bubbles or signs of cracks anywhere.  The club still feels great, doesn't seem to have lost the "trampoline" effect.  Over the next few rounds though it has seemed to have lost quite a bit of distance.  I thought it was me, but I tried a different driver and got my distance back.  I switched to a Taylormade RBZ Tour and was back in the 270-280 range I used to be.  So, after all of this (probably unnecessary) explanation, my question is this.  Can a club just go dead?  Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Maybe its in a happy mood...

Seriously though, I have heard drivers can go dead before but never had one do it to me

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The whistling sound odd, almost like the head was pressurized... On the Titleist web site there is a forum you can join.  Might be worth asking there.  Perhaps, if it is a pressurization issue, there is a way to restore it?

• Upvote 1

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Note: This thread is 3554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!