IGNORED

2014 WGC Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread

DCrotty22
Note: This thread is 3552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought Ricky Fowler played really well today. I got a sneaking suspicion he may light it up.  Good to see Tiger playing pretty decent, I wouldn't count him out. Then there's Justin Rose, this could get really interesting.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is one my favorite tournaments of the year. Always a good one. Tiger had his ups and downs, definitely a weird round. Sad about Dustin Johnson, hope he gets better. That course looks really cool on television.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Interesting. Tiger goes from 100-1 odds yesterday to 12-1 odds this evening. I put $30 on Tiger last night to win outright. It is probably still a long shot, but would be awesome if he could pull it off. I really think Justin Rose or Rickie Fowler will win. We will know a lot more tomorrow.

A two under round from Tiger, despite the loose shots and a few horrendous putts, is very respectable.

If Tiger could have just managed par on those bogey holes and that double he would be tied for the lead or leading I think.  In his past Tiger never made many bogeys.  His good shots are good but he needs to stop those bogey holes. Hell, the first bogey on #1 NEVER should have happened.  That SHOULD have been birdie and definitely at least a par.

Interesting. Tiger goes from 100-1 odds yesterday to 12-1 odds this evening. I put $30 on Tiger last night to win outright. It is probably still a long shot, but would be awesome if he could pull it off. I really think Justin Rose or Rickie Fowler will win. We will know a lot more tomorrow.

I think he just needed reps.

Good drivers win this tournament. Dont think Tiger stands much of a chance this week. I like Scott or Furyk to win this bad boy.

It has been quite a few years since Tiger has been viewed as a good driver and yet he has won 4 of the last 8, so I challenge your premise.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

It has been quite a few years since Tiger has been viewed as a good driver and yet he has won 4 of the last 8, so I challenge your premise.

Tiger was ranked 17th last year and 6th in 2012 on total driving. IIRC, he led the driving stats for quite a while last year.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger was ranked 17th last year and 6th in 2012 on total driving. IIRC, he led the driving stats for quite a while last year.

That includes hitting irons and fairway woods off the tee which he does a lot.

Perception and reality don't always align.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

If Tiger could have just managed par on those bogey holes and that double he would be tied for the lead or leading I think.  In his past Tiger never made many bogeys.  His good shots are good but he needs to stop those bogey holes. Hell, the first bogey on #1 NEVER should have happened.  That SHOULD have been birdie and definitely at least a par.

You're right. The bogey on #1 was shocking, frankly.

Colin P.

Anyone know Tiger's driving stats for yesterday?

Interested to see how bad/good/average they really were

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Anyone know Tiger's driving stats for yesterday?

Interested to see how bad/good/average they really were

Driving accuracy: 57,14%

Driving distance: 322,9

Longest drive: 350

• Upvote 1

~Jorrit

Leishman after 4 holes today already as many bogeys as he had yesterday the whole round.

~Jorrit

Tiger consistently left off the tee...

At least he's consistent.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

J.B. Holmes playing well. Could be a dark horse next week playing in his home state. Played well at the Ryder Cup in Valhalla 6 years ago. Was picked by Captain Azinger because of his knowledge of Valhalla and went 2-0. You know he's been waiting for this PGA Championship for a long time.

Note: This thread is 3552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!