IGNORED

Brandt Snedeker Testing New Bridgestone J15 Line of Clubs

Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As others have said, Bridgestone usually offers a Game Improvement iron in its mix, as in the current J40 series from 2012:

J40 Cavity Back irons (MPF = 455)

J40 Dual Pocket Cavity irons (MPF = 682)

The cavity back is a player's iron, the DPC a GI. On the pro tour:

Fred Couples plays DPC 3-PW.

Brandt Snedeker plays CB 3-9.

Matt Kutchar plays CB 5-9.

Bridgestone will mix and match combo sets, DPC on longer irons and CB on shorter irons.

This spring, Bridgestone sent me a Test Drive set for Dual Pocket Cavity:

a 5i and 9i shafted with TT Dynamic Golf SL R300

5i and 9i shafted with NS Pro 950 GH, R.flex.

The R300 were OK, but I really liked the NS Pro shafts better. For both shaft types, the slightly cambered sole really moved through the turf cleanly on iron shots.

The Bridgestones were a bit shorter shaft than my Callaway X20 Tours, so I would probably need a slight staff extension if I bought the DPCs. (I ended up reshafting the X20 Tours with NS Pro 8950.GH, a very similar shaft).

See if you can find a Bridgestone demo day. Spend a half hour hitting the irons to get a better idea of how they work.

Interesting, the burner plus is rated between those 2... I would have thought what I have would be considered like sgi at least....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know what to think anymore! ROFL.....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Wow, all of those irons look pretty sick.... I still kinda kick myself I could of picked up a new set of j40 irons off ebay for 400..and just could pull the trigger...

It is what it is

• 1 month later...

There have been pics of the j15 CB and DF and DPF,  but has anyone seen the Blade or what looks to be a pocket cavity type of head?

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Got some more pics guys.It was difficult to get good clean shots of the MB because of the lighting and glare, but I did get a few shots of the top lines for comparison:

Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

• 5 months later...

If your looking for unique, high quality golf clubs Bridgestone is your brand.  frequency matched shafts, and precise swing weights etc.  I have 3 sets, 1 set of Precept Forged cavity's from the 90's and 2 sets of j33B's, along with 2- j33P 380cc drivers, 8.5 and 9.5.  Just ordered a new 715 driver, can't wait for it to arrive.  They make outstanding clubs the only problem is finding them and getting some demo's to hit.  The majority of their forged iron heads used to be made by Endo in Japan, don't know if they still are.  I will never play another brand of irons

Yeah, I know they've sort of redoubled their efforts recently, but Bridgestone is in the Srixon zone where I don't know if I've ever actually seen one of their clubs in person, so it's hard to get excited about them. Do Golfsmith and Dick's even stock them?

I do dig that sandblasted texture on the cavity of the CB, though.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Amazingly innovative. Not.

Why do they even bother?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Why do they even bother?

Uhmmm....because they make tons of cash by rolling out new lines of "bright and shiny"? Seriously, it would be a pretty stupid business model if they just rolled out one line of irons every 25 years. They'd have to sell them for $10 000 per set.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Uhmmm....because they make tons of cash by rolling out new lines of "bright and shiny"? Seriously, it would be a pretty stupid business model if they just rolled out one line of irons every 25 years. They'd have to sell them for $10 000 per set.

I wonder how much they make from their golf club division.

But my point was really about the idea that they are releasing something new which is actually a copy of half a dozen other clubs which are also copies of other clubs.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I wonder how much they make from their golf club division.

But my point was really about the idea that they are releasing something new which is actually a copy of half a dozen other clubs which are also copies of other clubs.

Agree 100% which is why my last set lasted me 10 years, I just don't buy into the hype of 10 more yards with every new set. However, if I were in the club selling business I would ride that wave all the way to the bank.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 4 weeks later...

Why do they even bother?

Why did Titleist, Nike and Miura bother?

Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!