Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HawkNballs

Geek No Brainer Driver

8 posts in this topic

Sorry in advance if this has been brought up in the past.

My buddy bought a Geek No Brainer driver head and had it shafted.  This club must have added 30 yards or so to his usual drives.  Are these things even legal to use?

He bought the orange one with the white "racing stripes" on it.  It looked good.  After a couple rounds, he thought the paint was scratched on the top and I told him it looked cracked.  5 rounds later... the crack went all the way through and is about 4 inches in total length.  It was a very poorly made head, but it sure cranked the ball out there when it was in one piece.  (about 7 rounds)

Has anyone else had experience with these and are they regulation?

Thanks!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Thanks!  I think it's really cheaply made.  Probably China.  It's titanium, but it looks to be about 1/32" thick material.  I'm surprised the face didn't dent!  ha!

Show me a driver head not made in China these days. They are not poorly made, but he may have got a bad one. Contact Steve Almo @ GeeKGolf.com. He warranties his heads for life for the original owner and may do something for him even if he isn't the original owner. He is also a friend of mine and has excellent equipment. His DotComThis is my personal favorite.

Show me a driver head not made in China these days. They are not poorly made, but he may have got a bad one. Contact Steve Almo @ GeeKGolf.com. He warranties his heads for life for the original owner and may do something for him even if he isn't the original owner. He is also a friend of mine and has excellent equipment. His DotComThis is my personal favorite.

Thanks.  I will tell my buddy.  I've seen my friend drive for years and he definitely gets more boom from this club.  It looks sharp too!

I have several GEEK drivers and 3 fairways, all quality stuff. Steve will take care of it, he is good people. Cheaply made is not something I think of with GEEK. I've hit several idiot shots of the top and not one mark on my FS3.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's weird.  The crack goes all along the top on the face and heel side.  I suspect this is where the weld is?

Thanks for the info, guys!

Could be, the No Brainer is one of the few GEEK offerings I don't own. Mostly because it's their most expensive head.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades