IGNORED

Keegan Bradley Hasn't Unpacked his 2012 Ryder Cup Suitcase

joekelly
Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Reading in the NYT on the guys looking to make the Ryder cup team i read this about Bradley,

" Bradley, who is so superstitious that he has not unpacked the suitcase containing his dirty clothing from the 2012 Ryder Cup,"

Embarrassed that although he and i both enjoy golf.  keeping one's 2 year old dirty underwear in the suitcase smacks of exceedingly juvenile behavior but he passes for an adult possibly representing the USA.

Saddened that although he's highly skilled in one small technique of life, which yeah, i wish to emulate, he must be a moron, thus entitled to my compassion.

Not a moron, but someone troubled by some sort of compulsive disorder. There is something OCD-like about his mannerisims on the course. He looks as if his pre-shot routine has developed to help him deal with intrusive thoughts, much as OCD sufferers engage in compulsive hand-washing and similar behaviours. And this story suggests that the problem extends to other areas. Nothing childish about it. He'd probably do well to seek some help, though, I'd guess it is making quite a negative impact on his life.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

I'm saddened by the complete lack of empathy, tolerance and compassion exhibited by some of my fellow golfers on TST.

Dustin Johnson is battling a cocaine addiction and I see comments stating no pity, he deserves what he gets.

Keegan Bradley has OCD, what a moron.

There but for the grace of God, go I.

• Upvote 4

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Reading in the NYT on the guys looking to make the Ryder cup team i read this about Bradley,

"Bradley, who is so superstitious that he has not unpacked the suitcase containing his dirty clothing from the 2012 Ryder Cup,"

Embarrassed that although he and i both enjoy golf.  keeping one's 2 year old dirty underwear in the suitcase smacks of exceedingly juvenile behavior but he passes for an adult possibly representing the USA.

Saddened that although he's highly skilled in one small technique of life, which yeah, i wish to emulate, he must be a moron, thus entitled to my compassion.

It goes even farther - on the Feherty show - he hasn't moved the suitcase from the foot of his bed since the Ryder Cup loss.     He's just quirky with alot of OCD tendencies ... which are pretty obvious on the golf course

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I'm saddened by the complete lack of empathy, tolerance and compassion exhibited by some of my fellow golfers on TST.

Dustin Johnson is battling a cocaine addiction and I see comments stating no pity, he deserves what he gets.

Agreed.  Keegan lives with this challenge and appears to be a really decent guy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Is this confirned ?    I searched & couldn't find an admission to what DJ's actually taking time off for ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

If all that makes Bradley a moron, I'd hate to see what you'd call me.

In the same position as Bradley, ritual burning probably would have happened.

I'm saddened by the complete lack of empathy, tolerance and compassion exhibited by some of my fellow golfers on TST. Dustin Johnson is battling a cocaine addiction and I see comments stating no pity, he deserves what he gets. Keegan Bradley has OCD, what a moron. [SIZE=18px]There but for the grace of God, go I.[/SIZE]

Amen sir. I too have been surprised at the reaction to DJ's issue and this post is simply nuts.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Agreed.  Keegan lives with this challenge and appears to be a really decent guy.

My thoughts exactly.  He can be difficult to watch, but once I learned he was OCD I realized he has very little control at this point to stop it.  I hope he is seeking help for it because it does seem to be getting worse and it could start to impact his career.

Joe Paradiso

Reading in the NYT on the guys looking to make the Ryder cup team i read this about Bradley,  "[COLOR=333333]Bradley, who is so superstitious that he has not unpacked the suitcase containing his dirty clothing from the 2012 Ryder Cup,"[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Embarrassed that although he and i both enjoy golf.  keeping one's 2 year old dirty underwear in the suitcase smacks of exceedingly juvenile behavior but he passes for an adult possibly representing the USA. [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Saddened that although he's highly skilled in one small technique of life, which yeah, i wish to emulate, he must be a moron, thus entitled to my compassion. [/COLOR]

At no point in your post did you mention OCD nor was there an indication that you considered that he may have OCD.. So I think anyone that equates your post with you saying that he is stupid because he has OCD is mistaken really and needs to review your post a couple more times.. What you did say is that you read the guy is superstitious and because of that he hasn't unpacked the dirty underwear in 2 years or something... I don't see anything wrong with your conclusion that this is moronic behavior! I hope that clears things up... No one called bradly a moron for being an OCD! If he does have OCD then I would say he is dealing with it pretty well being on the pro tour and all! There are people who can't get out of their room because it is not clean enough, he is on the very light side if you ask me!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

It could just be something so he has a focus for his goals. Hopefully he's not going commando. :-O

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Wholeheartedly agree.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

At no point in your post did you mention OCD nor was there an indication that you considered that he may have OCD.. So I think anyone that equates your post with you saying that he is stupid because he has OCD is mistaken really and needs to review your post a couple more times..

What you did say is that you read the guy is superstitious and because of that he hasn't unpacked the dirty underwear in 2 years or something... I don't see anything wrong with your conclusion that this is moronic behavior!

I hope that clears things up... No one called bradly a moron for being an OCD!

If he does have OCD then I would say he is dealing with it pretty well being on the pro tour and all! There are people who can't get out of their room because it is not clean enough, he is on the very light side if you ask me!

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

juvenile behavior...?? no.

weird...?? abso-friggin-lutely.

-- In the Bag --

Cobra S3 White Driver (10.5*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S 3-Hybrid (18*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S Irons (4i-GW)

SCOR 4161 Forged Wedge (55*)

Cleveland VP1 Putter

Is this confirned ?    I searched & couldn't find an admission to what DJ's actually taking time off for ...

Its confirmed and he never had back issues before either. That is from a teaching pro of some of the games best but I obv am not gonna rat him out tho it's well known of DJs vices

I find all the "strange" mannerisms that Keegan has to be interesting and kind of entertaining, He seems like a great guy too me in all the interviews and by all the statements made about him from other players, they all seem to like him. His pre-shot ritual was a lot longer and he kinda tightened it up a bit from what he was a couple of years ago. I've had OCD tendencies all my life, some really don't make sense to other people but in fairness some of the things we all do don't make a lot of sense to other people. Go Keegan!!!

God Bless!!! Ray

It goes even farther - on the Feherty show - he hasn't moved the suitcase from the foot of his bed since the Ryder Cup loss.     He's just quirky with alot of OCD tendencies ... which are pretty obvious on the golf course

You'd think that after the loss, he'd burn those clothes ... but that's me. :-$

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!