IGNORED

Golf galaxy

Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I went to golf galaxy to see about getting my nike vrs x iron set fitted for length and lie. The guys were pretty friendly and let me warm up in the bay with my 7 iron. They used the lie board and test were I was striking the ball etc. 49.98 later they determined the clubs are fine it's my swing. lol so I guess it's time for lesson. Would you recommend golf galaxy or a local driving range like quest out here in Brookfield that have PGA pros?

Would you recommend golf galaxy or a local driving range like quest out here in Brookfield that have PGA pros?

I would first recommend seeing if any 5SK instructors are close to you

http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php

Or Evolvr

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would first recommend seeing if any 5SK instructors are close to you [URL=http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php]http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php[/URL]  [CONTENTEMBED=/t/74723/introduction-to-the-purestrike-5-simple-keys-5sk-learning-system layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]  Or Evolvr [URL=http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/]http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/[/URL]

Thanks for the reply. According to the map the only instructor near me is Located in NYC. As far as the other system I'm a hands in learner. It's why I could only take certain classes online while in college. Something about having a teacher in front of you and being able to ask what pops in my head. Any other suggestions?

• Administrator

Thanks for the reply. According to the map the only instructor near me is Located in NYC. As far as the other system I'm a hands in learner. It's why I could only take certain classes online while in college. Something about having a teacher in front of you and being able to ask what pops in my head. Any other suggestions?

Some of the New York guys are only an hour away, are they not?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Some of the New York guys are only an hour away, are they not?

I'm in new milford which is in litchfield county. It's more like 1.5 hours my issue would be having the time. With teaching, 2 kids, and coaching basketball for middle and high school I was looking for someone or something near my home or school. Maybe I can do the 5 keys system next summer that would be a nice end of school year gift to myself. Lol

I took a lesson at Golf Galaxy, and the instructor showed me my swing in slow motion video. Then he showed me Ernie Els's swing. Anyway, with some practice to work on what I learned, I felt the lesson was very helpful.

Driver - Cobra Amp Cell/Maltby KE4 V 10.5

FW - Maltby KE4 ST-F 3W

Hybrids - Cobra T-Rail+ 3H and 4H

Irons - Maltby KE4 SS1 4-GW

SW - Cleveland CG16 56*

Putter - Nike Method Core MC02W/Bobby Grace AMG Triumph

.... Would you recommend golf galaxy or a local driving range like quest out here in Brookfield that have PGA pros? ...

Golf Galaxy shops have one or two PGA pros on staff to give lessons.

One player's rep at a local GG is a retired head pro from a local golf course. He focuses on fitting clubs, however, and does not give lessons at the GG.

As far as indoors vs. outdoors: indoors is good for basic swing shaping, outdoors better for short game.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Golf Galaxy shops have one or two PGA pros on staff to give lessons.  One player's rep at a local GG is a retired head pro from a local golf course. He focuses on fitting clubs, however, and does not give lessons at the GG. As far as indoors vs. outdoors: indoors is good for basic swing shaping, outdoors better for short game.

Yeah I'm really looking to cultivate and tweak my swing in order to be more consistent. 1. Get the correct arc and comfortable swing. 2.Hitting my irons with down force instead of sweeping in order to get ball flight I'm thinking about getting a pack of 3 lessons at GG. I wish it was closer though.

Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!