IGNORED

Tiger WDs from Firestone Event

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Administrator
You said it right there at the end....to recover from injuries. I don't know whether Tiger did them or not.....I have no proof, just suspicions like everyone else.....but for argument's sake if he did, my guess is he took HGH in '08 to try and recover quicker from knee surgery. I've heard others say the same. It would also explain why ever since then every other part of his body has been falling apart. But I don't know....I hope he didn't because it would truly ruin him and hurt the game so hopefully nothing ever comes out.

I don't have suspicions. So no, not "like everyone else."

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if somebody has a career cut short by injury that means they used PEDs? I doubt if Sandy Koufax (and many others I won't bother to list) even knew what a PED was. Not that I'm saying Tiger's career is over. May be a minor set back for all we know. I'm way more concerned in the long term (as a fan) with his inability to keep the ball off of his driver in the same county as the golf course than his back. (Until I find out something different).

You said it right there at the end....to recover from injuries. I don't know whether Tiger did them or not.....I have no proof, just suspicions like everyone else.....but for argument's sake if he did, my guess is he took HGH in '08 to try and recover quicker from knee surgery. I've heard others say the same. It would also explain why ever since then every other part of his body has been falling apart. But I don't know....I hope he didn't because it would truly ruin him and hurt the game so hopefully nothing ever comes out.

Or he became injury prone. You know like a lot of other athletes through out their careers. There are a ton of baseball players that are constantly out of for a majority of the season because they just get hurt from time to time. Look at that kid from Miami who hurt his arm because he pulled some other part of his body and he had to compensate his pitching motion.

Tiger had knee issues. He fought through the pain (see US Open win versus Mediate). He could easily developed issues with his back. Look at Sullinger from Ohio State Men's Basketball. He had back issues his one year there because one of his legs was shorter than the other. So he got a foot insert and it helped his back out.

All of these things don't mean they took or got off HGH. Things happen.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

I don't think he would use them..I am a little uncomfortable with his business relationship with Anthony Galea.

I don't think he took them, either. But at the same time I don't think Derek Jeter took anything....but with the era we live in, everyone's held under a microscope nowadays.

Or he became injury prone. You know like a lot of other athletes through out their careers. There are a ton of baseball players that are constantly out of for a majority of the season because they just get hurt from time to time. Look at that kid from Miami who hurt his arm because he pulled some other part of his body and he had to compensate his pitching motion.

Tiger had knee issues. He fought through the pain (see US Open win versus Mediate). He could easily developed issues with his back. Look at Sullinger from Ohio State Men's Basketball. He had back issues his one year there because one of his legs was shorter than the other. So he got a foot insert and it helped his back out.

All of these things don't mean they took or got off HGH. Things happen.

I don't think he took anything. That's why I said before "for the sake of argument if he did them." But I think it's kinda silly to not have a little bit of suspicion. I mean, he has connections with Galea, he's good friends with A-Rod....I think it's silly not to have some question in the back of your mind. That being said, there's no proof, therefore anyone who says he did is full of a spit.

A lot of research is being done in Repetitive Strain / StressΒ Injuries.Β  It's quite possible that Tigers body mayΒ just be breaking down Β (like many baseball pitchers that start out young and pitch too often) due to having played golf from such an early age and spending so much time practicing.

Joe Paradiso

You said it right there at the end....to recover from injuries. I don't know whether Tiger did them or not.....I have no proof, just suspicions like everyone else.....

Can't say that I've ever met anybody with these suspicions, nor do I have them myself.

A few people noticed he looked pretty big around the neck a few years back.

Just proof that he'd been working on his fitness.

Look how Rory's physique has changed in a couple of years.

No evidence, no suspicions.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

He did say the pain was in a different spot. Take it or leave it, I guess.

He said that? I just read this:

Quote:
"It's just the whole lower back," said Woods. "I'm not sure what happened."

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I just don't understand why he would need to use steroids. A short Northern Irishman can hit the ball 340 these says. To recover from injuries, I suppose but I doubt it.

Every time someone has a freaky, outlier type performance - like Tiger's run at Jack or Rory driving the ball out of sight - then there will be talk about PED's.Β  But Rory just looks like a great golfer, not a juicer.Β  The tell-tale signs just aren't there.Β  You know, like the giant head, gapped teeth, tats, MMA t-shirts, giant pickup truck, 18" arms, Anthrax MP3's on the iPod, Goth girlfriend...

Tiger looked like an NFL safety for awhile there, but not so much any more.

Occam's razor

Every time someone has a freaky, outlier type performance - like Tiger's run at Jack or Rory driving the ball out of sight - then there will be talk about PED's.Β  But Rory just looks like a great golfer, not a juicer.Β  The tell-tale signs just aren't there.Β  You know, like the giant head, gapped teeth, tats, MMA t-shirts, giant pickup truck, 18" arms, Anthrax MP3's on the iPod, Goth girlfriend... Tiger looked like an NFL safety for awhile there, but not so much any more.

Um, not so much. Tiger is/was in shape, but wasn't bulky. You'll see average sized guys that don't juice in every gym in America that make Tiger look small. If I'm lucky I can work out 3 times a week and my arms are 17" flexed.

Colin P.

I think everybody deep down in their minds have suspicions....and if they don't, they're lying. It's the age we live in, not to mention who Tiger's associated himself with. But until there's proof, it's nothing more than that...suspicions.

I don't think he would use them..I am a little uncomfortable with his business relationship with Anthony Galea.

Galea has been associated with numerous Olympic athletes and he has had an FBI investigation against him over performance enhancing drugs + we know he has treated Tiger Woods. Woods claims it was for blood platelet spinning that could have been done at virtually any Orlando Hospital, but instead he chooses a known PED dispenser like Galea. Hardly a shock that others do think he may have used them.

Galea has been associated with numerous Olympic athletes and he has had an FBI investigation against him over performance enhancing drugs + we know he has treated Tiger Woods. Woods claims it was for blood platelet spinning that could have been done at virtually any Orlando Hospital, but instead he chooses a known PED dispenser like Galea. Hardly a shock that others do think he may have used them.

And that's my point all along. It's hard not to be suspicious given his connection with that doctor. However, like I said before, I hope nothing ever comes out. I think Woods is too smart to go that route....at least I hope he is.

I don't have suspicions.

So no, not "like everyone else."

Sorry, but if you don't at least have suspicions about the fact that he met multiple times with a physician that's been linked to PEDs, that's naive. Β Of course there's no proof, but how can you not be at least a little suspicious of that??

Sorry, but if you don't at least have suspicions about the fact that he met multiple times with a physician that's been linked to PEDs, that's naive. Β Of course there's no proof, but how can you not be at least a little suspicious of that??

At least for me, I rather give people the benefit of the doubt. Why worry about something when there is no concrete evidence to support the claim. Honestly it is a bad habit to have, I don't believe in guilty by association.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

The majority of pro athletes have access to doctors / people that can get them PED's.Β  I can go to my local LA Fitness and find someone to buy PED's from so by that thought process we should be suspicious of all athletes and people that have gym memberships.

Joe Paradiso

The majority of pro athletes have access to doctors / people that can get them PED's.Β  I can go to my local LA Fitness and find someone to buy PED's from so by that thought process we should be suspicious of all athletes and people that have gym memberships.

And I also think a lot more people use them than what you hear in the media, in particular, HGH.

Note:Β This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!