IGNORED

Now I feel guilty. (Bridgestone vs Titleist)

Moppy
Note: This thread is 3353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So the 3 bogey's came from the ball?... or maybe you just missed some putts?...

No, they were from chips and pitches that were hit well and just kept on rolling where my other ball would have stopped for a tap in compared to a long putt. Yep, I missed the putts. One chip rolled over the hole and I was left with an evil 6 foot down hill breaking putt.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

LOL! You putt Bridgestone better than ProV1...Boy are you a golf store's dream customer.

Don't wanna razz u too hard, I know it's fun to get all into the technology....but that's a little too silly. 100% mental. Your putting is not influenced by any ball technology whatsoever.

Not one bit. Zero.

Not nearly as far fetched as you may want to think.  The speed and feel of a ball as it comes off of the putter is the major factor I use in what ball I use.  Some of it is surely mental, such as how the sound interacts with your brain and changes the way you may feel about it.  However, I can tell a big difference between the way balls putt, and some of them just simply don't work for me.  I'm fine with a ball that I'm consistently long or short with.. but some balls I tend to be very erratic and do not putt consistently with them.  Those balls go into the shag bag very quickly.

Currently playing two balls:  1.  Srixon Tri-speed Tour - Tour Yellow.  This is my go to ball.  Great 3-piece ball at a good price.  I finally found a ball that I absolutely love, and they discontinued them.  Have found nothing in the Srixon lineup that replaces them, but luckily I can still find them online.  Bought 10 dozen at $15 ea. earlier this year.

2.  Titleist ProV1x - I play these on courses with faster green speeds.  These come off of the putter a little slower than the Tri-speed tours.  If I find that I'm hitting all my putts long, I make the switch to the ProV1x and it normally brings my putting speed back where I want it.  I bought 5 dozen high grade (not sure of the exact grade) used balls off of ebay earlier this year for $30 / dozen.

LOL! All mental. Any "differences" you notice are negligible in the rational world. In golf...not often easy to ignore that. Have your fun...I'll never believe a word of it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL! All mental. Any "differences" you notice are negligible in the rational world. In golf...not often easy to ignore that. Have your fun...I'll never believe a word of it.

You don't have to believe a word of it. It's something that is a preference for each individual player. If you enjoy putting your Pinnacle Golds as much as any other ball go enjoy rolling the rock around with whatever you use.

I know for me that I putt better with the ball I am used to (the ProV1x) than other balls just because I can tell instantly how far the putt will go when it hits the face since I'm used to it. I could putt just as well with any other ball provided I had time to get used to it, but seeing as how the numbers show that the ProV1x performs for me I'll stick with it.

Titleist NXT sucks.

I think I'm heading that way too.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

• 5 months later...

I noticed a difference in my shortgame with the Bridgestone e6 and the Callaway Hex Chromes last year. The e6s were nice off the tee and fairways, but would not check up on the greens as well. My short game relies on the ball checking. The Callaway ball would bite nicely. So I went back to Callaway. Also I tried the NXT Tour S on recommendation from a low handicapper and had the same checking problem.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I noticed a difference in my shortgame with the Bridgestone e6 and the Callaway Hex Chromes last year. The e6s were nice off the tee and fairways, but would not check up on the greens as well. My short game relies on the ball checking. The Callaway ball would bite nicely. So I went back to Callaway. Also I tried the NXT Tour S on recommendation from a low handicapper and had the same checking problem.

Yeah, urethane covers are hard to beat greenside.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I do not have a lot of clubhead speed and over the years I have had a hard time distinguishing the better brands of balls. I used the ProV a lot but about three years ago I tried the Bridgestone B330RX and, for the first time, I actually felt a distinguishable difference and I felt that the ball fit my game. I hit them farther and straighter, they didn't bite hard on the green when I chipped, but they held with a full shot. Just what I liked.  I used them all that year but, invariably like they are wont to do, they changed the ball the following year and I noticed the difference immediately. I didn't hit them as far and I noticed that the sidespin became more prevalent, particularly off the tee. I tried the ProV again and immediately noticed that I hit them farther and straighter than the new Bridgestone and they weren't as affected by sidespin. The problem for me with the ProV is that they are inconsistent when I chip.

I'm kind of stuck right now but I always seem to pull out the PRoV's when I play. I will probably try numerous balls in the spring.

Bill M

As an update. I practiced putting on a mat all winter, several times a day five or ten putts. Read books, articles. I didn't know how to putt before. Now that I have a better stroke, I find that I can putt just about any ball. I am in Florida right now and with the dry weather, the greens are like hardwood floors to me compared to Vermont, I manage and even sunk a twenty footer on a par three for birdie. My putting used to be totally intuitive, and while I wasn't terrible, I usually could two putt, (OK, the greens were small and not that fast on my home course), it really did seem to depend totally on feel of the ball and if I got on a faster green than the one I was used to, I was useless.   So I guess it was a golf maturity thing and I am looking forward to the next bag of Pro V1s this summer.

I'm kind of stuck right now but I always seem to pull out the PRoV's when I play. I will probably try numerous balls in the spring.

Once spring is in full swing I plan on buying a sleeve of balls from each of the major manufacturers (Callaway, Titleist, Bridgestone, Nike, and Srixon are my plans, but people should let me know if I missed any there that they want directly compared) and doing a direct comparison on a GC2 launch monitor between them all. I will also throw in the current 2013 ProV1 and ProV1X in my test because those are the balls I currently use and I want to have a "baseline" of sorts for personal use. I will take pictures throughout the test and post the results up here for everyone.

Once spring is in full swing I plan on buying a sleeve of balls from each of the major manufacturers (Callaway, Titleist, Bridgestone, Nike, and Srixon are my plans, but people should let me know if I missed any there that they want directly compared) and doing a direct comparison on a GC2 launch monitor between them all. I will also throw in the current 2013 ProV1 and ProV1X in my test because those are the balls I currently use and I want to have a "baseline" of sorts for personal use. I will take pictures throughout the test and post the results up here for everyone.

Fantastic!

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Titleist NXT sucks.

Played them for past 3 season's consistently, and love them.  I guess everyone has their preference.  I have played Wilson DUO's here and their because my daughter plays them and they're ok, feel real good on iron shots.  I do plan to play several balls this spring once it's warm to see if I still like the NXT Tour.

I've tried all the decent balls over the years but have always gone back to ProV1. I spent a whole year with Srixon Soft Feel because I got a load cheap and had a lot of raised eyebrows from my friends because of it. It didnt affect my scores at all once I learned to play certain shots differently. I've gone back to ProV1 now because it just offers that little bit more short game control and they are much more durable than they used to be. I played one recently for eight rounds (not competition rounds) and I didn't notice much difference in performance as it degraded.

I think I'm heading that way too.

Did you switch? [quote name="Tennhacker" url="/t/76271/now-i-feel-guilty-bridgestone-vs-titleist/60#post_1104312"]Played them for past 3 season's consistently, and love them.  I guess everyone has their preference.  I have played Wilson DUO's here and their because my daughter plays them and they're ok, feel real good on iron shots.  I do plan to play several balls this spring once it's warm to see if I still like the NXT Tour. [/quote] My main gripe is that they're overpriced. For the money there's better balls out there.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!