IGNORED

New guy

davedavies
Note: This thread is 3551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time on this site as I was wondering around the web trying to get some information on some new irons to purchase. I am a bogey golfer looking to buy some irons that will help me and my game by a few strokes. I enjoy the game each and every time I play but am not as serious about it as some others are. I play a few times a month myself with some added golf outtings through work from time to time. I am looking for a nice iron thats forgiving for this middle aged man that just enjoys the sport no matter how well he plays, lol.......I know that there are many styles of clubs out there so I am interested in getting some opinions that might fit my golf play as opposed to having a salesman lead me around a store trying to sell what he stocks....I am a weekend golfer, bogey golfer-sometimes better, use a regular flex rating, 500 budget.....any advice would be appreciated on what would be a good iron for me too look at, thanks, Dave

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time on this site as I was wondering around the web trying to get some information on some new irons to purchase. I am a bogey golfer looking to buy some irons that will help me and my game by a few strokes. I enjoy the game each and every time I play but am not as serious about it as some others are. I play a few times a month myself with some added golf outtings through work from time to time. I am looking for a nice iron thats forgiving for this middle aged man that just enjoys the sport no matter how well he plays, lol.......I know that there are many styles of clubs out there so I am interested in getting some opinions that might fit my golf play as opposed to having a salesman lead me around a store trying to sell what he stocks....I am a weekend golfer, bogey golfer-sometimes better, use a regular flex rating, 500 budget.....any advice would be appreciated on what would be a good iron for me too look at, thanks, Dave

Hello Dave and welcome to TST.

There are many equipment reviews on the site.

I would suggest speaking with salespeople.

Most stores have demos and indoor facilities to try the new latest and greatest equipment on the market.

Also, it gives you an opportunity to test various clubs with various shafts.

Having these options will let you determine which clubs feel the best for your swing.

Myself and others could make suggestions from our experiences, but you are the one who will be swinging the club.

All manufacturers have great products designed for the average golfer.

You can read about clubs at each manufacturers website.

Other opportunities would be checking for Demo days either at a course or range facilities which are usually in the spring.

There you can speak directly with factory reps and learn a great deal about clubs.

Most salespeople really are interested in helping you select a product which you will like.

You may run into one now and then who just wants to push a cheap "on sale" product.

The best thing for you is to hit several brands and then narrow your selection to a few.

Then hit them once or twice again.

Then it them again.

By then you'll have an easier time selecting a club of your choice which should be the right clubs for you.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!