IGNORED

Prescription Oakley Sunglasses

Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone have experience with them? For the first time in my life I had to get glasses this past spring. I had just got a new pair of Sundog sunglasses for xmas as well and when I tried to wear them after getting my glasses I would get a headache and have to wear my regular glasses because I needed my prescription lenses. I don't like contacts so that's not an option. SO after 3 months of burning my  eyes on the course I decided to look into prescription sunglasses. I really like the Oakley Flak Jackets XLJ and can get them with Black Iridium Polarized lenses. Can anyone comment on them? Good, bad, terrible company to work with... those types of things. Thanks in advance.

First make sure they can fit you for prescription lenses into their regular sunglasses.  I can't use their sunglasses with prescription lenses because I have high astigmatism.  So 2 years ago while getting new glasses (Oakley) I was browsing at the rack and noticed what looked like sunglass frames but they were with the eyeglasses, so I asked the guy helping me "What are these?  Can I get sunglass lenses in these?" he looked them over and he had forgotten they had just some out with them.  I got myself a sweet pair of Oakley's.  I grabbed the Oakley Crosslink in Black/Blue and they put polarized lenses in them for me.  I LOVE them.  after I was done doing the paperwork the guy said "you're really going to love these, when I tell you they're "HD" lenses, you'll understand what I mean when you put them on".  They really are crystal clear and I'm glad I spent the extra money to get them polarized.  I cannot play golf if the sun is out without them.  I see the ball very clearly with them, and reading the greens is no trouble at all.  I say go for them, I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

This is what I got btw -

http://www.oakley.com/products/6995/26347

Though I would much rather get a pair of the regular sunglasses with prescription lenses.  But this was my only option really thanks to my crappy vision.  But I'm still very, very pleased with them.  And you get used to switching from glasses to sunglasses, it's just normal to me now I pop them on as soon as I go outside into the case for my regular glasses cause they fit fine in it.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I have a good buddy who has prescription flak jackets and loves them.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a pair of perscription oakley Holbrook I think. They aren't sorry ones but I basically only were them when golfing. Wow is it Easter to see the ball when my eyes work

I wear these:  http://www.oakley.com/products/5195/17350?cm_mmc=gbase_csfeeds-_-PLA-_-master-_-03-921

They are the Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ with the G30 Iridium golf specific lens.

I love wearing these glasses, they make objects like the golf ball "pop" when looking for them. They really highlight the landscape.

Although I normally wear bi-focals these are a single distance only grind. I wouldn't recommend bi-focal / progressive lenses for golf, BTDT with my other pair of "regular wear" Oakley's. The ball moves all over the place when trying to setup to make a shot. LOL

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

I've had prescription M-frames for 20+ years.  The frames last forever.  I rarely play without them.  It has to be pretty dark.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have a good buddy who has prescription flak jackets and loves them.

I have the same pair and also prescription. GREAT sunglasses. I have no issues with these while on the course.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I have been thinking about doing this for awhile as well.  Just have not pulled the trigger yet.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

My brother has prescription lenses in his Oakley Flak Jacket frames.  He actually has two pair, one pair is sunglasses and one is clear, so he wears glasses on either sunny or overcast days.  He did say if he had it to do all over again, he would have done the Fast Jacket frame and done two sets of lenses, that way he could just change out the lenses based on the condition of the day.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I don't have prescription lenses, but I firmly stand behind the oakley flak jacket xlj glasses. I use the black polarized lenses on really bright days, but I also have the G30 lenses which are phenomenal...but they don't block out the sun as well as the black polarized lenses. I have played with the G30s on really sunny days, and did not struggle to see fwiw

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

I've been wearing Oakleys all my life. Oakley prescription glasses or sunglasses are great. But then I went ahead and had LASIK and have had 20/20 since. I still wear Oakley Polarized Five Squared sunglasses though every day when I tee it up. Love Em..

They came in Friday afternoon and I went and picked them up..... I want to punch myself for not ordering them 2 months ago!

Just don't punch yourself WHILE wearing the new Oakleys.  Replacement lenses can get pricey :-D

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

Although I normally wear bi-focals these are a single distance only grind. I wouldn't recommend bi-focal / progressive lenses for golf, BTDT with my other pair of "regular wear" Oakley's. The ball moves all over the place when trying to setup to make a shot. LOL

I will second this for anyone who comes along later looking for advice on prescription sunglasses. I have glasses that I usually wear for more strenuous eye activities like reading or anything else that requires focus (I'm farsighted) and I wanted to try them for golf one time to help me track the ball. They have the progressive lenses in them and I almost became motion sick when I would swing. Every little movement of your head is magnified by the progressive lenses, and the ball moves around in your vision even if you have a fairly stable head.

I've got a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets with the black XLJ lenses. Non-prescription, but I'm thinking of having prescription lenses put in.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!