IGNORED

What Would You Shoot if a PGA Tour Pro Drove the Ball for You?

billchao
Note: This thread is 3471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Myself in the foot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

^ Haha.  Me 2.

I'm sure I would save several strokes, as I don't hit the ball very far.  Not as many strokes as it would save if they hit my 2nd shot or putted though.  That's where I lose most of mine.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

It would depend on the course.  My home course is relatively short and open.  I think I could shoot in the mid 70's there, especially if they "drove" the ball for me on the par 3's.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Wow! That is tough.  259 yards??  Not many can reach that one...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

That is a par 4 (there are 2 per side) so it is a short hole so to speak. I'm sure @saevel25 could reach that with an iron though.

Says that's a par 3 from the white and par 4 from the red @ 239, the par 4's show as 9 and 18?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

That is a par 4 (there are 2 per side) so it is a short hole so to speak. I'm sure @saevel25 could reach that with an iron though.

I played the whites, so it's only two par 4's per side ;-)

I hit 3 wood on that 257 yard PAR 3!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

If I get to make the assumption that he's playing from the same tees I normally play from, then basically what you're asking here is what I'd shoot if I was in or near every fairway AND consistently another 15-40 yards further down the fairways. Honestly, I think I'd be near par, on average.

Why not go to your local par 3 and find out?

Of course, why didn't I think of that.  Now, my local par 3 is on the other end of the spectrum from @CarlSpackler 's but it's definitely closer to what I think I'd need.  It is 9 holes and has 2 short par 4's, but the other holes all range form 125 down to 75.  Probably a little shorter than my approaches would be from my pro driver, but not by much.  And to confirm my original guess, I usually shoot pretty close to par on that course.

In going by the Play a Local Par 3 route, you would have to drop the ball on the tee box instead of teeing it up except for maybe 4 of the par 3s which would be played as actual par 3. You could tee it up on a par 4 hole.

- Shane

In going by the Play a Local Par 3 route, you would have to drop the ball on the tee box instead of teeing it up except for maybe 4 of the par 3s which would be played as actual par 3. You could tee it up on a par 4 hole.

Thats what I do :)

Definitely better than today. Shorter approach shots, more attempts at par fives, more fairways. My irons are way better than my driver these days.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I'm sure I would shoot a few shots lower than my norm, but it would really depend on my short game.  The strength of my game is not hitting greens, it's getting up and down from around the greens.  When I'm on, I'll have 7 or 8 one putt pars, along with 3 or 4 regular pars and 6-8 two putt bogies and shoot low 80's.  When I'm not on, I'll have 10-12 two putt bogies and maybe a double bogie or two and shot in the mid to high 80's.

I have no doubt that being longer and straighter would be a help to my game, how much would really depend on how well my short game is going.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Driving ain't my big problem at the moment. Hitting the green from the fairway is. However, a tour pro would put me 40 to 60 yards nearer the green. On my home course, that would mean i'd be approaching most of the par fours with a wedge, and taking nothing more than a 7-iron to the longest. Plus he'd be hitting the green on all the par threes, which are some of the most challenging holes on the course. I'd be shooting in the mid- to high seventies instead of the high eighties, I'd guess.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Note: This thread is 3471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!