IGNORED

Two Golfers hospitalized after fighting over Rules of Golf!

Spyder
Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:
"The suspects were playing together at the Springdale Golf Course in South Union Township Sunday afternoon when 'they became embroiled in a heated debate over the rules of golf, specifically regarding water, on the 5th hole.'

The golfers managed to finish that hole and another before the argument 'reignited' on the 7th hole 'similarly involving rules, or lack of understanding of said rules.'"

Apparently, it really pays to know the rules when you're playing with crazies.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/two-golfers-sent-emergency-room-after-fight-over-rules-golf#ixzz39WZTVfkX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Quote:
"The suspects were playing together at the Springdale Golf Course in South Union Township Sunday afternoon when 'they became embroiled in a heated debate over the rules of golf, specifically regarding water, on the 5th hole.'

The golfers managed to finish that hole and another before the argument 'reignited' on the 7th hole 'similarly involving rules, or lack of understanding of said rules.'"

Apparently, it really pays to know the rules when you're playing with crazies.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/two-golfers-sent-emergency-room-after-fight-over-rules-golf#ixzz39WZTVfkX

Is Springdale Golf Course in Colorado????

• Upvote 1

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hothead jerks. These are the type of guys that make me nervous after the Concealed Carry on the course thread.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Hothead jerks...........makes me wonder if either of these guys were "carrying" bullets would've been flying.

Earlier this year, there was nearly a fight in my home course's clubhouse over $200 in scramble money. Somebody claimed that a guy grounded his club in the bunker and the birdie he scored from the bunker should have been null and void. He argued that it was a scramble and he "didn't know if he actually grounded his club". The argument carried on between the two groups for 15 holes and then it almost came to blows at the club house.

Sometimes people are ridiculous. I'm not fighting anyone over $200 because I sure as hell am not going to spend twice that amount to bail out and then more on medical bills.

I mention this because I would not doubt it if these guys had a little wager on the line. If there was no money involved, then I really don't understand fighting over rules.

People fight and kill over much less then this...it is just the catalyst for two people who neither refuse to be wrong....

Yeah...drinking, money...and more important to them...pride...was probably on the line.

Taylormade SLDR 10.5

Ping Anser 4-PW

Ping Anser 52,54,60

Ping G25 3 Wood 15

Ping I20 4 Hybrid

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7

People fight and kill over much less then this...it is just the catalyst for two people who neither refuse to be wrong....

Yeah...drinking, money...and more important to them...pride...was probably on the line.

I think it takes pride to walk away from a fight on a golf course. I'll fight for my wife and kids, but nothing that isn't physically threatening me is worth fighting over anymore. I would really be scratching my head if they were sober and playing a casual round with nothing more than bragging rights on the line lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfritchie

I think it takes pride to walk away from a fight on a golf course. I'll fight for my wife and kids, but nothing that isn't physically threatening me is worth fighting over anymore. I would really be scratching my head if they were sober and playing a casual round with nothing more than bragging rights on the line lol.

Agreed.

I don't like it when people get all fired up at work either.  Just not that important.... (not worth fighting about anyway)

• Upvote 1

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I can get pissed off enough when my friends cheat and then claim a result. If you add money to the mix, fighting is a real possibility. Money, and the perception of being cheated out of it, is a dangerous thing to mess with for a lot of people.

Even if my game gets better, I'll look to avoid gambling.

Well I hope both @MEfree and @Rulesman make quick recoveries...

I was going to ask if there was any idea as to their poster names on this board....looks like it is known!

Players play, tough players win!

How can we possibly respond?

The article doesn't cite the circumstances nor the position of each golfer.  Without knowing both, we can't determine which of the two was correct, and which was an ignorant blowhard! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Oddly I would be willing to bet that if they had had a several drinks during the day they would not hesitate to speed home ... I am amazed sometimes the rules some people hold dear and worth fighting for ... golf really ... its THAT important in life ...

To each their own, like someone above mentioned I try to avoid events that involve money/bets ... just not worth it in the long run for me ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Here's a little update:  http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/08/04/2-golfers-hospitalized-after-fight-over-rules/

Still not much to go off, besides ages and the fact that somebody got hit with a club.

Only time I ever lost my shit on a golf course was when my wife & I were walking off a long par 3 green (we were barely 5 ft from placing the pin back in position & these guys tee'd off & I saw a flash of a ball flying just by my wife's face.   FROM 190 YARDS AWAY.   Nobody even yelled FORE.    My reaction scared the crap out of my wife and If that hit her in the face, I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be writing on this forum right now ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Most likely they were drunk and/or playing for money (or something else) one or both of them couldn't afford to lose.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!