• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com (or both) to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Motorcycle Golfer

1 post in this topic

I don't play tournaments anymore.  But I still enjoy a round once in a while.  Still play to about a ten handicap.  I would like to play with a club that would fit inside my motorcycle saddlebag.  I've played supersticks before and hated them.  I suspect the Divnic version will be similarly lacking in performance.  So, I'm going to try to build my own...but I suspect others may have done this already so I'm searching for those few who choose to flaunt the rules and play with non conforming clubs.  I am planning on creating a shaft that screws together...since I'm right handed, that means left threaded nuts and bolts.  To the end of that shaft I expect to have about 5 or 6 heads (I play about the same with 6 clubs as my full set-my "Sunday Bag" has 3W, 5W, 7I, W, SW and Putter) to screw onto them (of varying lengths) so that I can carry the heads and replace the heads prior to each shot.  NO, I won't hold up play, I HATE slow players, so the clubheads will go on quickly and come off equally quickly.  Has anyone done this, how'd it turn out?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Gun Laws
      By Mr. Desmond · Posted
      Well, not all gun purchases require a background check ... "Known as the "gun show loophole," most states do not require background checks for firearms purchased at gun shows from private individuals -- federal law only requires licensed dealers to conduct checks. Under the Gun Control Act of 1968, federal law clearly defined private sellers as anyone who sold no more than four firearms per year. But the 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act lifted that restriction and loosely defined private sellers as people who do not rely on gun sales as the principal way of obtaining their livelihood.  Some states have opted to go further than federal law by requiring background checks at gun shows for any gun transaction, federal license or not. Five states, most recently Colorado and Connecticut, mandate universal background checks, an even more stringent standard that imposes background checks on almost all gun purchases, including over the Internet." http://www.governing.com/gov-data/safety-justice/gun-show-firearms-bankground-checks-state-laws-map.html
    • Why is Polygamy Illegal?
      By mcanadiens · Posted
      Sure. Once you go outside of the context of marriage, the law falls short. Aside from our severely problematic child support system, there isn't much for children born outside of marriage. It's a sort of historical presumption that proper people don't have children out of wedlock.  I'm not trying to preach morals to anyone here. My response was geared more towards why we have the laws we do.   
    • My Swing (AbsoluteTruths)
      By Mike Boatright · Posted
      With your body type and age your swinging ok just work on the fundamentals posted here and you should be fine. A good tip I can offer to hit it straighter is to imagine in front of you a level like a T Then try to mirror your set up eye level to that a bit don't let your right shoulder dip to much at address it causes slices and blocks to the right in lower speed players. Higher speed players catch up and hit it fine usually a high draw. This has helped me hit a lower draw with roll which could help your 86 mph driver swing there.
    • 2015 Presidents Cup Discussion Thread
      By nevets88 · Posted
      A visual of the pairings. 
    • Why is Polygamy Illegal?
      By Gator Hazard · Posted
      I don't know that it should be criminalized, Silent did bring up a good point however, equality being one of them.  Heck a wife could agree to be one of a number of wives to a polygamist one day and later on decide she wants to have another husband, and if that is the case, how could we in this day and age say that is wrong.   Perhaps a bit off topic: That is a few too many headaches for me, I love my wife dearly.  Honestly, I don't think I could ever love another woman the way I love her, and that has a lot to do with the fact that she loves me and chose me.  I couldn't imagine Christmas morning with three or four wives with a few kids each, or trying to take summer vacation.  Think about trying to remember everything special about each one, special moments, 4 anniversaries to remember, etc. I think it would cheapen the experience for me.  We talk about stuff and one of them is end of life circumstances, my wife is a bit younger than me and I told her she has so much love to give that if she got married again if I died young I could understand it but I could never marry another woman if it was the opposite. Besides, if they are western wives you can just forget about golfing again, ever.  3 or 4 permissions at the same time, all in agreement.... pppbbbttt!
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries