• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vangator

Never Bought New Balls

13 posts in this topic

Something funny just stuck me. I've never bought a new box of balls in my life. I've played 40 years and never bought a new ball. I've only bought a few dozen recycled balls. I just find a hell of a lot of balls. I have a couple of milk crates full of them in the garage. My wife bought me a dozen Calloway Rule 35 many years ago. Still have one. That's it!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

That's cool. I've not been lucky enough to find a lot of balls on the course and if I do, it's normally not one that I'd like to play...

Wow. That's all I've got.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm going to dig thru them this weekend. I know I have a bunch of Pro V1s and Pro V1x's, but I really don't care for them.

Well, I just broke down today and bought a dozen Volvik Vista iV green. Can't wait to play them tomorrow. The only thing I'm worried about is maybe a little sacrificing of spin on pitch shots. But the color is cool (to me).

How do you see the green ... I had some blue Callaway and had a hard time seeing them ...

Well, I just broke down today and bought a dozen Volvik Vista iV green. Can't wait to play them tomorrow. The only thing I'm worried about is maybe a little sacrificing of spin on pitch shots.

For someone who just plays "found"  balls,  you should be fine.  lol

Well, I just broke down today and bought a dozen Volvik Vista iV green. Can't wait to play them tomorrow. The only thing I'm worried about is maybe a little sacrificing of spin on pitch shots. But the color is cool (to me).

A green golf ball, really? :blink:

A green golf ball, really?

For those that don't find the game hard enough as it is.

No problem seeing these in the grass.

My dad is a dedicated "Ball Hawker" and this habit drives me insane whenever I play with him!!!  LOL    He hunts for every ball as if his life depended on finding "IT"....along with 3 more.   If I hit it in the crap, I'll do a quick search depending on where I am.   If it's a nasty area, I may not even go in.   I'll take a penalty drop or play my provisional and move on.......  My dad doesn't even need to lose a ball for his "hawling" instincts to take over.......  I sometimes need to urge him along.

With that said, I haven't bought new balls in about 4 years.   A golf partner turned me onto an internet site that sells 'found balls'. He has a local store so I can go in to see what is in stock to buy in person.  Everything is rated, so I can choose by rating, brand, and model.  I refuse to buy refurbished balls, but I will buy used providing they are in near new condition.  The balls I purchased have been washed and still have the factory finish.   IMO.......refurbs are tainted product.

I used to always look for balls and dig through grass while looking for mine. Now that I have gotten a little better and moved to Alaska I gave up ball hunting. It is kinda hard to look for your ball when you have to watch out for bears. Also, hard to concentrate on putting when you have a black bear about 50 feet away from you.

I'm a ball hawker but I don't let it slow me down. I gravitate toward the edges of the course and if a see a ball, I scarf it up. I watch out for the rattlers though. Guy got bit last year pretty bad. Thing bit him right in the sternum. Ouch! I always have more balls at the end of a round than at the beginning. This box will last me a couple of years. On a water hole, I use a garbage ball like a Pro V1. I've got those coming out the wazoo.