IGNORED

Future Cart Girl - Any Advice?

chickenugget
Note: This thread is 3519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just a mini skirt

Wear tight skimpy clothing (tank tops, short shorts, etc) for better tips. :)

Guess you guys don't have any daughters

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Make sure you keep yourself safe. Try to become aware of where the tee boxes are along your route.

Tee boxes are flat areas where players hit their first shot on each hole. Don't run your cart into areas where players are hitting their tee shots. You might get hit by a golf ball - which could injure you.

Good luck, and have fun!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Wear tight skimpy clothing (tank tops, short shorts, etc) for better tips. :)

[quote name="filco123" url="/t/76414/future-cart-girl-any-advice/0_30#post_1037305"]Just a mini skirt[/quote] Seriously guys?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Seriously guys?

Exactly. Seriously? I guess it at least speaks well of this board that it took THIS long for "those guys" to show up. Those guys are easy to spot and always garner the most laughs and head-shaking from the rest of us. You know the type: lean over the cart with one arm on the roof... almost "trapping" her, stand a BIT too close to the girls while waiting on their beers, the chest puffed out while the gut is sucked in, oh... and usually married... with a parcel of kids. Their best comments are usually to be heard after the beer cart has pulled away. Those comments are the best and provide insight into their desires and abilities. Don't let their 200 yard drives fool you - they are beasts!! *rolls eys* With that being said - Those Guys will tip the heck out of you because in their minds, they and their funds have a solid chance. Good luck out there! Be safe and enjoy the sunshine, cash money, and networking! There are GREAT contacts to be made working for a course - male or female, young or old.

Just a mini skirt

[quote name="rob0225" url="/t/76414/future-cart-girl-any-advice#post_1037310"]Wear tight skimpy clothing (tank tops, short shorts, etc) for better tips. :) [/quote]You guys obviously missed the part about the uniform...

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Guess you guys don't have any daughters

I do have a daughter.

Exactly. Seriously? I guess it at least speaks well of this board that it took THIS long for "those guys" to show up. Those guys are easy to spot and always garner the most laughs and head-shaking from the rest of us. You know the type: lean over the cart with one arm on the roof... almost "trapping" her, stand a BIT too close to the girls while waiting on their beers, the chest puffed out while the gut is sucked in, oh... and usually married... with a parcel of kids. Their best comments are usually to be heard after the beer cart has pulled away. Those comments are the best and provide insight into their desires and abilities. Don't let their 200 yard drives fool you - they are beasts!! *rolls eys*

With that being said - Those Guys will tip the heck out of you because in their minds, they and their funds have a solid chance. Good luck out there! Be safe and enjoy the sunshine, cash money, and networking! There are GREAT contacts to be made working for a course - male or female, young or old.

You need to face the reality of the situation and quit being such a prude.  The fact of the matter is guys will tip better if the cart girl looks nice and dresses "appropriately". I'm not talking dressing like a wh*re, but a tight tank top and short shorts will increase their chances of bigger tips.  Clothing most of the young girls where anyway nowadays.

Seriously guys?

See previous response.

Make sure everyone in the group acknowledges that they do not need anything before you leave the group. My buddies think that it is hilarious to tell every new cart girl that we are all set when I never say no to a couple of beers. I have to run up to every new girl that we get and let them know that they should never listen to my friends.

Maybe they are trying to tell you something :-P

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

old guys, young guys even girls for that fact it doesnt matter. private club or muni. you will encounter rude people, cheap to no tipping people, people that expect you to have a kitchen in your cart and just out right morons! its not that they're a certain type of golfer its that they're a certain type of idiot! just remember that not everyone out there...and most of them will all be dressed terribly...are a**holes. you will encounter very friendly, good tippers. but just cause one group doesn't tip the first time you see them doesn't mean you should skip them the second time around. i've worked in the service industry for 18 years, you never know who will surprise you and drop a giant tip when you least expect it! if you're friendly you should do just fine!

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

I do have a daughter. You need to face the reality of the situation and quit being such a prude.  The fact of the matter is guys will tip better if the cart girl looks nice and dresses "appropriately". I'm not talking dressing like a wh*re, but a tight tank top and short shorts will increase their chances of bigger tips.  Clothing most of the young girls where anyway nowadays. See previous response.

Kind of gross, dude. They've covered everything that I can think of; the flirting is more than a little unessecary and obnoxious, but it's an unfortunate part of the job. My advice? Just be a professional about it. Be on time, be courteous, and you'll do great.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Try and keep the texting on the job to a minimum.  It's impolite to pay more attention to your phone than to your customers, and it will directly affect your tips.  A couple of weeks ago I was buying a soda from the beverage cart and I gave the girl a $10 bill.  She went to the front of the cart - I thought to get change.  When it seemed to take rather long, I peeked around the edge and she was sitting there texting instead of making change.  I usually tip reasonably well, but she got nothing for that trip.

Regardless of your true feelings for them, your attitude toward your customers will be the biggest determinate in how good the tips are.  A nice smile and a happy disposition is a necessity, but don't be too chatty.  They are there to play golf at a reasonable pace, so your interaction with them shouldn't cause any more delay than is absolutely necessary.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I do have a daughter. You need to face the reality of the situation and quit being such a prude.  The fact of the matter is guys will tip better if the cart girl looks nice and dresses "appropriately". I'm not talking dressing like a wh*re, but a tight tank top and short shorts will increase their chances of bigger tips.  Clothing most of the young girls where anyway nowadays. See previous response.

Is this really true? Girls with more revealing clothes get better tips? Not in my world, but a nice smile and a friendly helpful personality goes a long way.... Regardless of clothing! It's just like waiting tables, but big green tables spaced further apart!

Gaz Lee

Is this really true? Girls with more revealing clothes get better tips? Not in my world, but a nice smile and a friendly helpful personality goes a long way.... Regardless of clothing! It's just like waiting tables, but big green tables spaced further apart!

Yeah, I suppose it's true .... amongst pigs. In my world, people tip for SERVICE. You bring me a soda, and are friendly, you get a tip. Cute girl, ugly girl, good looking dude, ugly dude, space alien, it is irrelevant.

• Upvote 1

I don't think there was anything wrong with suggesting she dress a little provocatively.

I mean, there's a reason most of the beverage cart staff you see are younger women. Whether some take offense to that type of thinking, that's just the way it is. I'd be willing to wager a cute young woman dressed provocatively would get more tips than others, dressed differently.

I get that bothers some people. I'm not too crazy about that line of thought either. But it is what it is.

I don't think there was anything wrong with suggesting she dress a little provocatively.  I mean, there's a reason most of the beverage cart staff you see are younger women. Whether some take offense to that type of thinking, that's just the way it is. I'd be willing to wager a cute young woman dressed provocatively would get more tips than others, dressed differently. I get that bothers some people. I'm not too crazy about that line of thought either. But it is what it is.

She made it clear in the Op that she has a uniform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I don't think there was anything wrong with suggesting she dress a little provocatively.

I mean, there's a reason most of the beverage cart staff you see are younger women. Whether some take offense to that type of thinking, that's just the way it is. I'd be willing to wager a cute young woman dressed provocatively would get more tips than others, dressed differently.

I get that bothers some people. I'm not too crazy about that line of thought either. But it is what it is.

She made it clear in the Op that she has a uniform.

"She made it clear in the Op that she has a uniform."

This has been stated and restated from the beginning.... what is it about the English language that some people here can't seem to understand?  It doesn't matter what some of our more crude members think the world is or is not like, she will be wearing what the course requires her to wear.  I actually like that policy because it eliminates any such undertones from the job.  She is there to dispense consumables, not titillate lecherous old men.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

"She made it clear in the Op that she has a uniform."

This has been stated and restated from the beginning.... what is it about the English language that some people here can't seem to understand?  It doesn't matter what some of our more crude members think the world is or is not like, she will be wearing what the course requires her to wear.  I actually like that policy because it eliminates any such undertones from the job.  She is there to dispense consumables, not titillate lecherous old men.

I wasn't commenting on that. It was the 'turn' that the thread took about whether dressing sexily/provocatively is bothersome. All I was saying is, I understand how some think that it's boorish to imply that doing that gets better tips, but it's pretty much true that it would.

I mean c'mon. This site almost always takes something that should be 1-2 pages of comments and turns it into 10+ pages.

But okay. To the OP: Be aware of your surroundings & the 'flow' of the game. Try to catch players as they finish holes & are on the tee, as opposed to in the middle of the hole. As a volunteer ranger, I know how that gums up pace of play.

There are ways to make a sleeveless red polo and skorts sexier-And that will get you bigger tips. Anyone saying differently has apparently never met many regular men.[quote] So, I was wondering, as golfers, what do you look for in a cart girl? Before you say it, I do have to wear a uniform: sleeveless red polo with a khaki squort. [/quote] I TOO tip for service but Im in the minority-many Guys like to see skin.-That might depress all of you but its the truth.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I thought the thread was a setup from the start ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!