IGNORED

Bubba being Bubba.....................again

Cool Breeze
Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My dislike for Bubba doesn't stem from his outbursts of emotion or swearing.  Hell, I'm a Tiger fan so I certainly couldn't fault anyone for that, as he does it more than anyone.

The thing I can't stand is him blaming his poor play on conditions, which every golfer in the field has to play in.  So you can't play with water on your clubface?  Okay, that means you're not as good as most of the other, because they didn't seem to have many issues with it.

Also, any time someone hits a poor shot and blames their caddie for it is just silly.  Even Tiger doesn't turn to his caddie and bitch about yardage or him telling him to hit the wrong club.

BTW, I know Tiger isn't blameless in the caddie department.  He did his wrong by the way he let him go.  I'm just saying he doesn't blame his caddie for his on the course woes.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

Here you go turtleneck.  Not once did I hear a commentator say a word about Tiger saying GD this and F this, etc.  All I hear them saying is "No more commentating needed" and "He is running hot after 5 holes".

Maybe you could post something to add some validity to your argument?

https://www.google.com/search?q=tiger+f-bomb&rlz;=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&oq;=tiger+f-bomb&aqs;=chrome..69i57j0l5.18138j0j4&sourceid;=chrome&es;_sm=0&ie;=UTF-8

There ya go - 5 million hits for a google search of "Tiger F-bomb"

Strange considering that no one said a word on any of them, according to you.

And Gunther the gadfly, you are kidding yourself if you think you have no bias.

And sorry, Erik, I know you said no more but I was directly challenged.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[URL=https://www.google.com/search?q=tiger+f-bomb&rlz;=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&oq;=tiger+f-bomb&aqs;=chrome..69i57j0l5.18138j0j4&sourceid;=chrome&es;_sm=0&ie;=UTF-8]https://www.google.com/search?q=tiger+f-bomb&rlz;=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&oq;=tiger+f-bomb&aqs;=chrome..69i57j0l5.18138j0j4&sourceid;=chrome&es;_sm=0&ie;=UTF-8[/URL] There ya go - 5 million hits for a google search of "Tiger F-bomb" Strange considering that no one said a word on any of them, according to you. And Gunther the gadfly, you are kidding yourself if you think you have no bias. And sorry, Erik, I know you said no more but I was directly challenged.

Lol, now I'm a gadfly. Keep going bud, it's funny. Back on topic, Bubba sux.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Haven't heard someone get called a gadfly in ages!

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Bubba has a basic problem.  I'm sure he's the same guy he was before he won the Masters.  But he wasn't attracting the same kind of attention then.  Now he does, and he has developed with the pollsters can a high negative name recognition.  His public persona has set (he got the ball rolling and it assumed, as they always do, a life of its own), and now he has to live with it.  And it's harder to improve a negative persona than it is to lose a positive one.  Bad Boyz do grow up, but at 35, he's a grown man already.

So, there's a lot more Bubba bashing in the PGA weather forecast.  Fortunately, he seems prone to generate incidents to justify it, so we can all indulge with a clear conscience.  I'm not sure what I'd do if the guy suddenly started making comments like "I made this cut without Divine intervention," or "You know, there are so many doctrinal points in Christian theology that I don't understand that I think I'll just shut up and listen to my pastor."

He's 36 or so, it's not happenin.

Wow. I just checked cuz I thought he couldn't be that old, but you're right. He's 35 (close enough).

Which, I guess, is an indictment of his behavior, since he certainly does not act that age. He has the impetuous snottiness of someone much younger.

Yeah, if he hasn't learned yet it's doubtful he ever will.

I didn't want to say anything Zipazoid, but that was exactly my reaction on being told he was 35 too

He could always have a life altering revaluation that changes the way he acts.. Having said that, I don't really see anything wrong with him blaming the course or outside forces for not playing well! In fact it could be a psychological mechanism he uses so that he doesn't impact his confidence? Who knows! Hey if his caddy doesn't like bubba being a jerk to him then he should leave him in my opinion!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

B

So, there's a lot more Bubba bashing in the PGA weather forecast.

I don't actually agree.

When he won his second Masters he gained a lot of respect as a player, and begrudging acceptance as a flawed individual.

He was bashed a lot more in the early days when he simply came across as an ignorant, ill-tempered, ill-mannered, yet holier than thou buffoon whip could hit it a long way.

His problem is that he is a transparent phony.

These types deserve criticism.

What makes him such a target is the way he pretends not to know what people say about him yet criticises them for saying it.

I feel sorry for that poor child - imagine the crap he will be listening to day in day out and the way he will be indoctrinated.

Rather than his father setting an example, the kid will hear nothing but platitudes and bible verses and see how you can be a jerk, but think you can say "I'm not perfect, never said I was" as if it makes it OK.

I seriously think he gets less flak now. When he gets it he really does deserve it. and it has nothing g to do with his religion and everything to do with his shortcomings as a man.

So easy to be a jerk then say #doinmybesttobebetter   Only takes a few seconds. It's the insincerity and hypocrisy that grates.

But...., hey get Ping to make a set of little clubs, using their time, expertise and expense, get Bubba to hand them to a disadvantaged child and he's suddenly "awesome" and "cool"

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Can I use that? revelation + re-evaluation = revaluation

:). Of course go ahead.. Stupid auto complete.. No insult intended to iPhone just in case someone thinks I'm going there!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

He could always have a life altering revaluation that changes the way he acts.. Having said that, I don't really see anything wrong with him blaming the course or outside forces for not playing well! In fact it could be a psychological mechanism he uses so that he doesn't impact his confidence? Who knows! Hey if his caddy doesn't like bubba being a jerk to him then he should leave him in my opinion!

Nope, every time he loses it, he tanks the tournament. When he wins, he's on an even keel the whole weekend.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• 2 weeks later...

Seems Bubba still can't get out of his own way as well as becoming a target for the media.  Last week at the Barclay's he hit an errant shot on the 18th and went into a bit of a tirade about the course design.

Quote:

Phil Mickelson hits a foul ball and calmly puts it back into play from a hospitality tent during Thursday’s second round of The Barclays.  .

Bubba Watson, on the other hand, clocks a spectator and a cameraman and blames the course design when his errant shot ends up in front of a grandstand.

"Wasn’t thought out very well, was it?" Watson complained as a PGA Tour official tried to help him determine where to take a drop in the rough behind the green on the 18th so that the bleachers did not interfere with his swing.

At the same time, Watson's long-suffering caddie Ted Scott sought to keep the crowd from twitching and upsetting his fidgety boss.  Never mind that a fan’s less-than six-pack abs had already saved his ball from the tall stuff off the fairway, or that the rules guy was just trying to help. Bubba being Bubba, it was all, woe is me.  "I can’t help if that [the course] was designed this way," Watson whined again to the official. "Basically it wasn’t thought out well."

Um, maybe if Big Baby Bubba could keep the ball on the fairway and didn’t airmail the green he wouldn’t have to rely on the kindness of strangers to help him out of a jam of his own making.

For sure, Bubba’s act is wearing thin on the golfing populace, at least those who share their opinions on Twitter.  In the end, the course design, and the rules, worked in his favor as he got to take an extremely generous drop and went on to make a rather adventurous par.  About the spectator who bounced Bubba’s ball back onto the playing surface. Turns out he was from Ireland and told Golf Channel that Watson’s stinger didn’t hurt at all because it hit him in his "Irish beer belly [that] he’s been working on for a long time."

Oh yeah, in case you missed it, Watson stirred up a bit of a hornet’s nest earlier in the day when he laid up on a short par-4 instead of pulling on his big boy pants and going for it.

Joe Paradiso

It's actually amazing - and a tribute to his talents - that he's won two Masters despite his attitude.

Jack used to say that whenever he'd play a Major he could eliminate who his competition was based on whether they were whining about the course, conditions or whatever - he figured they had talked themselves out of winning.

Seems Bubba still can't get out of his own way as well as becoming a target for the media.  Last week at the Barclay's he hit an errant shot on the 18th and went into a bit of a tirade about the course design.

That 2nd link about Bubba not going for that short par 4 in two is total CRAP!

"Unbelievable," repeated Oosterhuis, who was beside himself after Watson missed a kick-in birdie putt.

Did Oosterhuis hear Bubba say he was going to lay up to mess with them. I mean come on, get over your self Oosterhuis. Look at what Phil did when he went for it. Put it in the hospitality tent and then put the next shot in a bunker. Who cares is Bubba can get there with a 3-wood, tough, he wanted to play an iron. He's the one playing the course, not Oosterhuis. Mighty easy to sit back and rip someone when your not feeling the pressure of competing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

When Bubba was complaining about the course design last week, it wasn't about the layout of the course but instead the layout of the stands surrounding the green.  It took the official approximately 10 minutes to try to find an area Bubba could drop so that he wasn't closer to the hole than his original lie.  Also, I wouldn't call a ball that lands on the green and bounces off an errant shot.  I assume you've never hit a flyer out of the rough?  I agree that Bubba does complain a lot but in this instance, I think he had a reason to make a statement about the layout of the stands.  Not only did he have to wait 10 minutes to hit his next shot but the other 2 players with him were having to wait on the green.

I totally see his point here.

When Bubba was complaining about the course design last week, it wasn't about the layout of the course but instead the layout of the stands surrounding the green.  It took the official approximately 10 minutes to try to find an area Bubba could drop so that he wasn't closer to the hole than his original lie.  Also, I wouldn't call a ball that lands on the green and bounces off an errant shot.  I assume you've never hit a flyer out of the rough?  I agree that Bubba does complain a lot but in this instance, I think he had a reason to make a statement about the layout of the stands.  Not only did he have to wait 10 minutes to hit his next shot but the other 2 players with him were having to wait on the green.

The Bubba ragging is getting a tad stale IMO. Can the man be?

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!